• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are you circumcised? Tell us about it.

Are you circumcised, and for how long have you been?

• Yes, as far as I can remember.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Yes, had a circumcision later in my life (care to share?).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Hey all, how's it going?

This is about male-part circumcision only.

What do you think of circumcision?

I'm mostly interested in those who have been circumcised later on after experiencing life without it (both worlds). Things like: did they feel any difference? Like in cleanliness and performance (not just sexual) matters? Why did you choose to finally get circumcised? Any more feedback is appreciated.

I've been circumcised for as long as I can remember and I'm living my life normally and happily. I personally think circumcision is okay since I don't seem to have any problems because of it, and to have the cleanest state possible down there. I'm not saying that uncircumcised means not clean, I only feel circumcised is still cleaner and easier to clean even if it is by a so very small margin. The reason I had it in the first place was religious (please don't hate).

And those always have been circumcised, do you feel your having problems because of it?

Please no hateful responses, feelings or animosity. Simply having different views should not cause such things. All this thread about is comparison and sharing views and experiences in a respectful and civilized way. This is a discussion section, the thread is not for boring, tense and stupid long debates :)

Oh, I also love ya all :blush:

Important note: the poll is anonymous. No members will be known for their votes.

Last edited:

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Thank you for the response :)

I agree with you. That of course does not mean I disrespect opposite views from other members.

Jumi

I don't think it's offensive. A friend was circumcised in his late 30s by a doctor. For him it had both good sides(he tight foreskin and there was relief from that), and bad (it made him angry since it expose sensitive tissue that was protected for a long time). Long term I don't know.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Yes, I believe circumcision should be performed by, and only by, a professional certified doctor.

Which do you think is the better compromise as an ultimate outcome, the good or bad sides you mentioned?

Jumi

For him it was obviously something that was needed to be done because of his condition. For healthy adult I don't think it's a good idea.

Yes it should not be done unprofessionally at all. There is high risk, even death, done by someone who does not know aseptic technique and proper medical training.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think that it really makes a difference. Of course I'm basing this off of hearing/reading many different account from men. Unless a man doesn't like to clean himself, I don't think it makes much difference to hygiene. At least not enough to be an issue.

As for sensitivity, I get the impression that men with foreskin feel more pleasure there because the foreskin protects the head so retains sensitivity.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
I don't think that it really makes a difference. Of course I'm basing this off of hearing/reading many different account from men. Unless a man doesn't like to clean himself, I don't think it makes much difference to hygiene. At least not enough to be an issue.
As for sensitivity, I get the impression that men with foreskin feel more pleasure there because the foreskin protects the head so retains sensitivity.
Yes, that's a very important point too. Cleanliness is a must and I consider it already taken care of for both the circumcised and uncircumcised.

Yes, I have one unfortunately. I still have most of my forsekin left at the very lest.
I am of the mind that they're barbaric and should be illegal.
Do you get any negative experience because of it?

I had to vote before I could see the results. What gives?
It's a technique to get more participation out of curiosity :p
Nothing personal really. But I allowed it just for your sake, buddy :)

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Other than a nasty looking scar? Even though the bits I have left still cover the head, it's still prone to getting dry and looses sensitivity the more exposed it is.
Ouch, where did you have it? Mine has all of the foreskin removed and it looks and feels... um, never mind :D
I see. Thank you for the feedback :)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
According to mayo clinic it's beneficial to be circumcised.

Circumcision might have various health benefits, including:

• Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. Washing beneath the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis is generally easy, however.
  • Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The overall risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.
  • Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Still, safe sexual practices remain essential.
  • Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis.
  • Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in the female sexual partners of circumcised men.
Circumcision (male) Why it's done - Mayo Clinic

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
According to mayo clinic it's beneficial to be circumcised.

Circumcision might have various health benefits, including:

• Easier hygiene. Circumcision makes it simpler to wash the penis. Washing beneath the foreskin of an uncircumcised penis is generally easy, however.
  • Decreased risk of urinary tract infections. The overall risk of urinary tract infections in males is low, but these infections are more common in uncircumcised males. Severe infections early in life can lead to kidney problems later on.
  • Decreased risk of sexually transmitted infections. Circumcised men might have a lower risk of certain sexually transmitted infections, including HIV. Still, safe sexual practices remain essential.
  • Prevention of penile problems. Occasionally, the foreskin on an uncircumcised penis can be difficult or impossible to retract (phimosis). This can lead to inflammation of the foreskin or head of the penis.
  • Decreased risk of penile cancer. Although cancer of the penis is rare, it's less common in circumcised men. In addition, cervical cancer is less common in the female sexual partners of circumcised men.
Circumcision (male) Why it's done - Mayo Clinic

Easier hygiene? That has to be one of the more pathetic excuses to mutilate someone's natural body parts.

Do you know how many baby boys have actually had their penises destroyed by botched circumcisions?

Jumi

Might be beneficial. Might being keyword. The research is not conclusive, I'm surprised something like Mayo clinic included stuff like this that has so many maybes. Being very, very rare penile cancer also didn't actually find significant difference between circumcised and non-circumcised.

Maponos

Welcome to the Opera
Ouch, where did you have it? Mine has all of the foreskin removed and it looks and feels... um, never mind :D
I see. Thank you for the feedback :)

Around where it was cut off. It's brown and wrinkly and just looks gross. I've really been considering foreskin restoration because circumcised penises are too unnatural.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Easier hygiene? That has to be one of the more pathetic excuses to mutilate someone's natural body parts.

Do you know how many baby boys have actually had their penises destroyed by botched circumcisions?

Tell that to Mayo clinic and not to me.