• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are we getting close to the Prophesized Time?

InvestigateTruth

In the Writings of Abdulbaha, I read, Iran will be destroyed, because of the disunity between Iranians and the Government, and meddling of other countries.

The new wars starting in middle east, may also get Iran evolved, which then may extend the war farther.

Are we getting close to the Time?

"There will be great destruction, yes world civil war in Europe, U.S., Israel, the Islands of the Pacific, even in Africa, wherever bases are established. The White race in Africa will be almost diminished and will be unimportant in the future. The difficulty will be racial, civil, religious, all over the world. There is nothing to keep the Soviets from marching into Israel. Teheran and [Baghdad] are also in great danger. Oil is the goal. The Heart of the Baha'i world, Haifa, and the Cradle of the Faith, Chicago, and the greatest strongholds of the Administrative Institutions are all in danger. The Baha'is must pray that God will mercifully protect the Faith, as in the past. This is all due to the decline in religion and of materialism and of spiritual decadence."

Last edited:

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
In the Writings of Abdulbaha, I read, Iran will be destroyed, because of the disunity between Iranians and the Government, and meddling of other countries.

The new wars starting in middle east, may also get Iran evolved, which then may extend the war farther.

"There will be great destruction, yes world civil war in Europe, U.S., Israel, the Islands of the Pacific, even in Africa, wherever bases are established. The White race in Africa will be almost diminished and will be unimportant in the future. The difficulty will be racial, civil, religious, all over the world. There is nothing to keep the Soviets from marching into Israel. Teheran and [Baghdad] are also in great danger. Oil is the goal. The Heart of the Baha'i world, Haifa, and the Cradle of the Faith, Chicago, and the greatest strongholds of the Administrative Institutions are all in danger. The Baha'is must pray that God will mercifully protect the Faith, as in the past. This is all due to the decline in religion and of materialism and of spiritual decadence."

Why is the Soviet Union marching into Israel in bold? You wish to emphasize something that didn't happen? To remind you the Soviet Union no longer exists. True, there is Russia. I do recognize though that this is a conditional situation that might have happened. Looking at the link, this is part of pilgrim notes from Ruth Moffet about what she reported Shoghi Effendi said, not part of the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha. There is some resemblance to what has happened, but there is no world civil war yet, though there is civil war within a number of countries. As these are recollections, I don't think world "civil" war would fit. Civil war, by definition is war within a country. This is a pilgrim note thus unreliable.

InvestigateTruth

Why is the Soviet Union marching into Israel in bold? You wish to emphasize something that didn't happen? To remind you the Soviet Union no longer exists. True, there is Russia. I do recognize though that this is a conditional situation that might have happened. Looking at the link, this is part of pilgrim notes from Ruth Moffet about what she reported Shoghi Effendi said, not part of the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha. There is some resemblance to what has happened, but there is no world civil war yet, though there is civil war within a number of countries. As these are recollections, I don't think world "civil" war would fit. Civil war, by definition is war within a country. This is a pilgrim note thus unreliable.
The reason that I bold that Part, is, to ask, if that is about to happen.
If Iran gets involved in war with Israel, which is a high possibility now, then USA will also support Israel to win.
Then Iran will get destroyed. Then Iranian government will be destroyed, and then Russia will find excuse to enter Iran, and later to Israel.

Truthseeker

The important part , and I will be frank this time, is that you may be deceiving the Baha'is here that this is from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha when actually it is a pilgrim note from Ruth Moffett on a Shoghi Effendi pilgrimage.

"Shoghi Effendi has often said that the notes of the pilgrims should be for their own personal use and bear absolutely no authority. What he desires to convey to the friends at large he will always say in his general letters."
(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, February 26, 1933.)
(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 438)

InvestigateTruth

The important part , and I will be frank this time, is that you may be deceiving the Baha'is here that this is from the Writings of Abdu'l-Baha when actually it is a pilgrim note from Ruth Moffett on a Shoghi Effendi pilgrimage.

"Shoghi Effendi has often said that the notes of the pilgrims should be for their own personal use and bear absolutely no authority. What he desires to convey to the friends at large he will always say in his general letters."
(From a letter written on behalf of Shoghi Effendi to an individual believer, February 26, 1933.)
(Compilations, Lights of Guidance, p. 438)
No dear, not deceiving anyone.
I didn't say this is from Abdulbaha.
I said, I have read in the Writings of Abdulbaha (somewhere else)... that Iran will be destroyed...
It is in Persian though. If I find a translation I put it here as well.

Also, the Notes in my opinion are trustworthy and contain truth. It may not be accurate. But they are not fake either. So, I am pretty sure, Shoghi Effendi said that. There was a similar note, from Ruhi Khanoom, wife of Shoghi Effendi.

Truthseeker

No dear, not deceiving anyone.
I didn't say this is from Abdulbaha.
I said, I have read in the Writings of Abdulbaha (somewhere else)... that Iran will be destroyed...
It is in Persian though. If I find a translation I put it here as well.

Also, the Notes in my opinion are trustworthy and contain truth. It may not be accurate. But they are not fake either. So, I am pretty sure, Shoghi Effendi said that. There was a similar note, from Ruhi Khanoom, wife of Shoghi Effendi.
Looing again at your first post, You do not say the quote was from Abdu'l-Baha. I apologize. However the quote from Shoghi Effendi about pilgrim notes tells me a lot. I doubt that Shoghi Effendi had the prophetic facility. This was just his opinion about the situation current then, and that's why he didn't put this into his official correspondence, in my opinion. He was infallible in interpreting the Writings, and that includes interpreting prophecies to some degree. This is all just my opinion, mind you.

InvestigateTruth

it is mentioned in the Hadithes and also from Shoghi effendi، that whatever happened in Bani Israel will happen to the Islamic people in Iran also exactly.

What happend to Bani Isreal?

"Like the First Jewish–Roman War and the Second Jewish–Roman War, the Bar Kokhba revolt resulted in a total Jewish defeat; Bar Kokhba himself was killed by Roman troops at Betar in 135 and the Jewish rebels who remained after his death were all killed or enslaved within the next year. "

Is it happening now?

I believe We are in the beginning of a destructive war in Iran, and fulfillment of the Prophecies.

JERUSALEM (AP) — Iran launched dozens of drones and ballistic missiles toward Israel late Saturday in an unprecedented revenge mission that pushed the Middle East ever closer to a regionwide war.

Truthseeker

it is mentioned in the Hadithes and also from Shoghi effendi، that whatever happened in Bani Israel will happen to the Islamic people in Iran also exactly.

What happend to Bani Isreal?

"Like the First Jewish–Roman War and the Second Jewish–Roman War, the Bar Kokhba revolt resulted in a total Jewish defeat; Bar Kokhba himself was killed by Roman troops at Betar in 135 and the Jewish rebels who remained after his death were all killed or enslaved within the next year. "

Is it happening now?

I believe We are in the beginning of a destructive war in Iran, and fulfillment of the Prophecies.

JERUSALEM (AP) — Iran launched dozens of drones and ballistic missiles toward Israel late Saturday in an unprecedented revenge mission that pushed the Middle East ever closer to a regionwide war.
It doesn't matter what we believe about that. It either happens or it doesn't. I'm not much for anticipating a fulfillment of prophecy.

InvestigateTruth

According to the The World Counts Oil will finish in 2068.

Considering that Shoghi Effendi has said:

"There is nothing to keep the Soviets from marching into Israel. Teheran and [Baghdad] are also in great danger. Oil is the goal."

If this pilgrim note is correct regarding the part that says "oil is the goal", then this prophecy must be fulfilled much sooner than 2068. Specifically the world is currently working on using other energy resources such as Electric Cars, Hydrogen and nuclear power generation, most likely in a few decades, Oil is not even important anymore, that, Russia goes to war for it.
Unless, this war happens very soon.
If it is going to be fulfilled, I think, it is very near to its fulfillment.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I do think you should note the quote is from a Pilgrims Note after your question are we getting close to the time. It does appear you are quoting from your first remarks.

I personally do not know, and try not to be too certain on the timing, though it does appear many prophecies are starting to coincide.

The Holy Land is in grave danger, as is America, who are acting as the default peacekeeping Nation.

I also see there is a lot of credibility in Pilgrim notes, but caution with the use of them is most likely the best.

Regards Tony

Truthseeker

"There is nothing to keep the Soviets from marching into Israel. Teheran and [Baghdad] are also in great danger. Oil is the goal."
There is no Soviet Union anymore. It may seem like it the way Putin is acting but there is no union of countries, only Russia. He has enough on his hands as it is also. It is not a prophecy. The Guardian doesn't say it will happen.

It doesn't seem to fit the reality of the current situation. There would be opposition to Russia marching into Israel. Iran is the ally of Russia against the U.S.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
I thought Iran sending missiles and drones to Israel was an extraordinary event. How events will unfold from here is anyone's guess. It's too easy to read too much into world events. I like the phrase 'vain imaginings.'

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I thought Iran sending missiles and drones to Israel was an extraordinary event. How events will unfold from here is anyone's guess. It's too easy to read too much into world events. I like the phrase 'vain imaginings.'
Yes, could very well be a lot more yet to unfold, it could be Narions spend billions more on arms, which Baha'u'llah has said it is a manifest injustice to the citizens bearing the costs.

How long is a piece of string, when man's perversity will long continue?

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

Well, I am pretty sure, we are not near the Catastrophe that is prophesied by Baha'u'llah, and mentioned by Shoghi Effendi.

But, we do have some quotes from Abdulbaha, that Iran will be destroyed.
I feel, we are very close to that event.