• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
It is fact because we have the spirit of his son. It is fact becasue by grace we believe. The second matters not which god you believe. It is fact because you can't believe without it. It is not a story. It is real. There is God and nothing else. The rest is false.

All belongs in the mind anyway. So what then is fact??
Ah, so this "belief in equals fact" only applies to gods?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
If you're relying upon "c" you have a lot of issues. Hindus believe their faith to be correct. Does that make their gods fact? Numerous children believe in Santa. Does that make him fact?

Try again.
It is a dictionary definition. Try absorbing it.
You don't have to know something yourself for it to be fact. It is a fact that the Earth is the third planet from the sun. That has always been fact whether you knew it or anyone did. It is a fact because it is true.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
If you're relying upon "c" you have a lot of issues. Hindus believe their faith to be correct. Does that make their gods fact? Numerous children believe in Santa. Does that make him fact?

Try again.
It is no big surprise really.
Hiding behind the layman's definition of the word fact.
He has already demonstrated he hides behind the layman's definition of theory.

Draka

Wonder Woman
If a god is going to lay down rules and say that you will be punished for doing "this" and then turns around and tells them to do it, still intending to punish them for doing it then that is a vindictive and cruel malevolent god no one should ever listen to...ever.

Last edited:

Robert.Evans

If a god is going to lay down rules and say that you will be punished for doing "this" and then turns around and tells them to do it, still intending to punish them for doing it that that is a vindictive and cruel malevolent god no one should ever listen to...ever.
Look at the post to Churchill

Draka

Wonder Woman
It is fact because we have the spirit of his son. It is fact becasue by grace we believe. The second matters not which god you believe. It is fact because you can't believe without it. It is not a story. It is real. There is God and nothing else. The rest is false.

All belongs in the mind anyway. So what then is fact??
You believe "we have the spirit of his son". Doesn't make it fact. What you believe does not make something fact. Christian mythology is just like and equal to all other mythology. Non-provable. It is myth for a reason. You get a means of understanding that which is beyond you. It doesn't make what you've come to personally understand fact however.

Robert.Evans

It is no big surprise really.
Hiding behind the layman's definition of the word fact.
He has already demonstrated he hides behind the layman's definition of theory.
A thing that is known or proved to be true: (Oxford dic)
That is what YOU don't know. Can't keep saying it, don't expect you to see it.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
A thing that is known or proved to be true: (Oxford dic)
That is what YOU don't know. Can't keep saying it, don't expect you to see it.
No worries mate.
You keep implying you are so much smarter than me.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
I have big broad shoulders.
I can handle it.
And if it lets you sleep at night, I know that I have helped someone today.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Robert.Evans said:
Don't agree.
Why is that?
I see all kinds of damage done by parents who divorce over relatively trivial reasons. And people who got married for trivial reasons to people that they are not really compatible with. I see all kinds of social disasters come out of this, particularly kids with rotten childhoods who grow up to be rotten parents.
Gay marriage, not so much.
So the enormous amount of time and resources invested in fighting equal rights for gay people strikes me as evil hypocrisy.
Tom
Good points.
Regards

Robert.Evans

You believe "we have the spirit of his son". Doesn't make it fact. What you believe does not make something fact. Christian mythology is just like and equal to all other mythology. Non-provable. It is myth for a reason. You get a means of understanding that which is beyond you. It doesn't make what you've come to personally understand fact however.
I appreciate your view. However, it is wrong. It is fact. There is a God and his son has witnessed that. And THAT is amazing. I do not expect most to see this, but that is no matter, they are entitled to their opinion. I will stick with the guarantee of his Spirit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.