• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are there single fathers, who never married, with children in the West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Defend or kill?
Killing can be a result of defense. Shooting someone, by gun or arrow or whatever, is a means of defending someone from a distance and the end result may well be killing. If that is the result...you still consider that wrong? I honestly think you do. I honestly think you would watch someone die, even a loved one. Is that so? Or are you...gasp...being a hypocrite?

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Seems you have answered the question I already asked. Yes, you would let your child die rather than take any action to save their life, including the killing of their attacker. Good to know. I know where you stand. Firmly on the side of insanity.
Defend or kill I said to your post.

dust1n

Zindīq
Killing is wrong.

Unless you have bears do it.

2 King 2

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

Robert.Evans

Killing can be a result of defense. Shooting someone, by gun or arrow or whatever, is a means of defending someone from a distance and the end result may well be killing. If that is the result...you still consider that wrong? I honestly think you do. I honestly think you would watch someone die, even a loved one. Is that so? Or are you...gasp...being a hypocrite?
I am guessing you are from US. Killing seems to be quite easy over there, but it is still wrong, however inventive your examples might get.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Its a long answer, oh cute one. ;)
But who then is God?

Probably a good defnition would be someone who makes something wrong without making something wrong. If scriptures have been inspired by God and killing babies is wrong.

Ciao

- viole

Draka

Wonder Woman
"Right" and "wrong" are subjective in pretty much everything except math. If you can't grasp that concept you have a lot of learning to do.

Robert.Evans

Unless you have bears do it.

2 King 2

23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.
That is a story of Yisrael which is an example of man. we still kill. We still defend it. It is still wrong.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I am guessing you are from US. Killing seems to be quite easy over there, but it is still wrong, however inventive your examples might get.
Killing is not easy anywhere. It may be easier for some people, but that goes for everywhere. I just now know so much more about what kind of person you are though. The sheer fact that you would let someone die rather than risk killing their attacker to save their life says wonders about you.

Robert.Evans

Killing is not easy anywhere. It may be easier for some people, but that goes for everywhere. I just now know so much more about what kind of person you are though. The sheer fact that you would let someone die rather than risk killing their attacker to save their life says wonders about you.
You think I am bad for saying don't kill. Immediately you go to the extreme and think up some story where you might have to. You can't think of defending someone without killing the attacker. But you have a gun or bow (which suggests you will kill) that just happens to be handy. You sound as though you should be in the Police force.

Draka

Wonder Woman
This started with remarrying. Please explain then how it is "wrong" to remarry. How it is so "wrong" that it seems to be on the same level as killing to you. I mean...a sin is a sin right? Why is it so darn bad for someone to try to move on with their lives and find happiness and love? What is so horrible about that that your god would forbid it?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Wow! I didn't think for one moment, that you could into a debate about what murder was. You learn something new every day.
Absolutely you can. I avoid using the word in discussion of morality because it is so vague and subjective. My opinion is much broader than most, including starting a war and elective abortion and capital punishment and introduction of carcinogenic chemical into the environment. Not everyone agrees with me.
The scripture in depth says, do not inflict violence, kill, or murder. Will that do?
Not only is that extremely superficial, but scripture does not say that. The lack of clarity is a huge moral problem for people who rely on Abrahamic scripture for their moral code. It is just too primitive and subjective and self-contrdicting to work in the modern world.
Tom

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Yes, there are single men who never married who have children and they raise their children and have custody of their children. Absolutely.

OK. could one provide some figures of such fathers and mothers say in the US and some other countries in the West, for comparison.
Regards

Robert.Evans

That God is a paradox? Of course I am correct. :)

Ciao

- viole
He has to be. What is, has to come from something it can't come from, doesn't it? Where is the birth of freedom without it?
Where is the weight so heavy he can't lift it yet the God so powerful he can do anything he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.