• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are orgasms a foretaste of Heaven?

Milton Platt

Me neither, but I like some of the stories I hear from those who claimed to have spoken with spirits. :)

However, I would probably not believe these stories if they were not so congruent with what Baha'u'llah wrote about the spiritual world. Baha'u'llah does not go into detail, but the gist of heaven and hell and how we get there seem to be reflected in the stories. In other words they seem plausible, even probable.

I do not consider hearsay as good evidence of supernatural claims.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I do not consider hearsay as good evidence of supernatural claims.
It is the next best thing to being there and I for one am not going to wait until I die and then find out things I could have known beforehand. It is not as if no preparation is necessary to enter the afterlife. We are not on this earth just to enjoy ourselves. The main reason we are here is to acquire the spiritual qualities (character attributes) we will need for the next stage of our existence, which is eternal. I find it rather ironic that people put so much effort into planning for retirement but they do not even think about planning for eternity. :oops:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Please according to what evidence?
The evidence that we will have some kind of form that I call a spiritual body is what Baha'u'llah wrote.

“The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 157

Also, there is evidence from NDEs that confirms that we shed our physical bodies but retain full consciousness. Also, according to science physical bodies once dead remain dead. They do not come back to life. So when we die our soul goes to the spiritual world and takes on some kind of form, what I call a spiritual body, made up of heavenly elements that exist in the heavenly realm.

As for the garments, that is something I read in a book entitled Heaven and Hell and it makes sense. I think it also says something about angels being clothed in garments in the Bible, but I don't know the verses.

Milton Platt

The evidence that we will have some kind of form that I call a spiritual body is what Baha'u'llah wrote.

“The world beyond is as different from this world as this world is different from that of the child while still in the womb of its mother. When the soul attaineth the Presence of God, it will assume the form that best befitteth its immortality and is worthy of its celestial habitation.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 157

Also, there is evidence from NDEs that confirms that we shed our physical bodies but retain full consciousness. Also, according to science physical bodies once dead remain dead. They do not come back to life. So when we die our soul goes to the spiritual world and takes on some kind of form, what I call a spiritual body, made up of heavenly elements that exist in the heavenly realm.

As for the garments, that is something I read in a book entitled Heaven and Hell and it makes sense. I think it also says something about angels being clothed in garments in the Bible, but I don't know the verses.

NDE's are just hallucinations from an oxygen starved brain. Why would a soul, if it existed, leave the body before it was actually dead? And if that happens, then the soul is not necessary for life.
Furthermore, it does not show we retain full consciousness. When has anyone ever had a cogent conversation with a person while that person was experiencing an NDE?
You do are ignoring the word that the N stands for in NDE. It means NEAR. So the person is not actually dead.

Angels have not been shown to exist.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
NDE's are just hallucinations from an oxygen starved brain. Why would a soul, if it existed, leave the body before it was actually dead? And if that happens, then the soul is not necessary for life.
The soul starts to leave the body when the body is in the dying process. Some people who had NDEs were declared clinically dead and later brought back to life.
Furthermore, it does not show we retain full consciousness. When has anyone ever had a cogent conversation with a person while that person was experiencing an NDE?
They could not have a conversation with a person who is unconscious, whose soul has left their body.
You do are ignoring the word that the N stands for in NDE. It means NEAR. So the person is not actually dead.
No, they were not permanently dead because if they were they could not come back to life. They were on the brink of death, between life and death, so they caught a glimpse of the afterlife and went through the first stages they would go through after they died, had they died permanently. One of the first things that happens is that we see dead relatives and friends so that is what they report. However after one is really dead it is a whole different ball game.
Angels have not been shown to exist.
Such things cannot be shown. Angels simply refers to holy souls who have passed on.

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle

kelfa1

Christopher West said that John Paul II stated that if you give your wife an orgasm it is an act of virtue.

"According to author Christopher West, the central thesis of John Paul's Theology of the Body is that "the body, and it alone, is capable of making visible what is invisible: the spiritual and the divine. It was created to transfer into the visible reality of the world, the mystery hidden since time immemorial in God, and thus to be a sign of it."[1]
Theology of the Body - Wikipedia

In response to John Paul II's Theology of the Body, many theologians and speakers have said that sexual pleasure and orgasms are a foretaste of Heaven.

The human body is described as a mystery of and image of God's love. In heaven we will be one body, one flesh, and one with God , according to Catholic theology.

An orgasm is supposed to prefigure and be a taste of the joy and pleasure we will have in heaven.

Do you agree or disagree with this idea?

The Garden of Eden, where both were naked without shame is supposed to be a prefigurement of Heaven.
In 1515, a nun called Teresa of Avila wrote about a vision she had in which an angel holding a spear appeared before her as she was praying. Instead of speaking to her, the angel plunged his spear through her heart repeatedly. "When he pulled it out, I felt that he took my entrails with the spear, and left me utterly consumed by the great love of God. The pain was so severe that it made me utter several moans. The sweetness caused by this intense pain is so extreme that ONE CANNOT POSSIBLY WISH IT TO CEASE, nor is one's soul content with anything but God. This is NOT a physical but a spiritual pain, though the body has some share in it - even a considerable share."

Make of that what you will, but I don't find it unreasonable to assume that there are greater, more intense feelings of pure love in heaven than we are able to experience on earth due to our physical limitations. Women that are multi-orgasmic say they crave sex that lasts for at least one hour, because they feel like they don't want the series of orgasms to stop until their (human) bodies just can't take any more. (Men's orgasmic capacity is feeble in comparison, so we might find the idea of endless orgasms less conceivable and less desirable than women do.)

However, is it inconceivable that orgasms are literally heavenly sensations?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Make of that what you will, but I don't find it unreasonable to assume that there are greater, more intense feelings of pure love in heaven than we are able to experience on earth due to our physical limitations. Women that are multi-orgasmic say they crave sex that lasts for at least one hour, because they feel like they don't want the series of orgasms to stop until their (human) bodies just can't take any more. (Men's orgasmic capacity is feeble in comparison, so we might find the idea of endless orgasms less conceivable and less desirable than women do.)

However, is it inconceivable that orgasms are literally heavenly sensations?
Orgasms are earthly sensations, not heavenly sensations. They are no different than a drug-induced euphoria.

Orgasms are physical sensations and nothing more. Sex is a physical act, it is not spiritual. Sex is not love and there is no necessary relationship between the two. A person might feel bonded to a person they are having sex with if they love that person, but as we all know two people don't need to be in love in order to have sex. Many people have sex just for pleasure.

I believe there are greater, more intense feelings of pure love in heaven than we are able to experience on earth because we will be closer to God and also because we will nit be limited by having a physical body that has needs such as food, water, sleep, and sex, which take a lot of our time and energy.. In this earthly life we will always need food, water, and sleep in order to survive but we do not need sex, so I think it is a good idea not to be attached to sex.

There will be no sex in heaven, since we will no longer have a physical bodies, we will have spiritual bodies, so what do you think will happen if we are still desiring sex after we die? That will be hell. No thanks. Sex is about self and desire, not about God. I made a conscious choice to give up sex a long time ago because I knew it was intervening between me and God. After that I never thought about sex again and I felt as if I had been released from a prison, the prison of self.

According to my religion:

40: O MY SERVANT! Free thyself from the fetters of this world, and loose thy soul from the prison of self. Seize thy chance, for it will come to thee no more. The Hidden Words of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 36

We see the same message in the Bible:

Matthew 16:23-24 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Savoring the things that are not of God but rather of men. I believe that refers to sex.

Sargonski

Christopher West said that John Paul II stated that if you give your wife an orgasm it is an act of virtue.

"According to author Christopher West, the central thesis of John Paul's Theology of the Body is that "the body, and it alone, is capable of making visible what is invisible: the spiritual and the divine. It was created to transfer into the visible reality of the world, the mystery hidden since time immemorial in God, and thus to be a sign of it."[1]
Theology of the Body - Wikipedia

In response to John Paul II's Theology of the Body, many theologians and speakers have said that sexual pleasure and orgasms are a foretaste of Heaven.

The human body is described as a mystery of and image of God's love. In heaven we will be one body, one flesh, and one with God , according to Catholic theology.

An orgasm is supposed to prefigure and be a taste of the joy and pleasure we will have in heaven.

Do you agree or disagree with this idea?

The Garden of Eden, where both were naked without shame is supposed to be a prefigurement of Heaven.

Now this reminds me of Arnold Swartzenegger's old work out video's -- when he was just a body builder .. not politician nor movie star. . but was Mr. Olympia so a star in that respect .. in the video when he is working out he says .. "When I work out I fell like I am cumming" .. so what are we suggesting here .. Heaven is a Gym ?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Now this reminds me of Arnold Swartzenegger's old work out video's -- when he was just a body builder .. not politician nor movie star. . but was Mr. Olympia so a star in that respect .. in the video when he is working out he says .. "When I work out I fell like I am cumming" .. so what are we suggesting here .. Heaven is a Gym ?

I've driven a pegani zonda R around the nürburgring. Speaking from experience i have always called it orgasmic, more truthfully, multi orgasmic.

Is driving one of the most powerful cars in the world at high speed, fast cornering etc heaven?