• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

American cops are barbarians!

They beat up and kill innocent African American women! A UN task force under UN authority and permission of POTUS deploy into a major American city under the guise of protecting the African American population.
8555456754_7f2fe769b9_b.jpg

2008-7-2-77533060.jpg

During a routine patrol things go wrong. During a situation the UN troops overreact. They have an IFV fire and destroy a police car.
wiesel_1_mk_12_of_17.jpg

28456_10150217026790203_573465202_13074752_3029554_n.jpg

In another part of the city the news catches on camera a group of Peacekeepers ganging up and dragging an officer out of his patrol car. All because they thought the officer used too much force.

Americans watch this on the news. How outraged are they? Boston Massacre 2.0?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I notice an interesting phenomenon in the media.
(I know, I know....I'm not the only one to see it.)
On NPR, a major respected news source (government created), the coverage of police brutality is uniformly about white cops killing black men. (They did this just yesterday.) In fact, they kill more white men than black men. And many of the bad cops are black & female. But media choose to cover the problem with this single myopic perspective, which I find to be a very dishonest & dangerous spin. It inflames racial hatred among black folk, while distracting from the more fundamental problem of the police state, ie, that we're all at risk (some just more so).

Selinagirl

Aren't the US allready a (WORLDWIDE) Police - State? In Germany, we don't get all your news, but that what i've heard is enough for me to be scared. Even here, people must fear to be arrested by the CIA with no rights, without our government doing something against it. I don't want to know what police can do in your country without being punished. And by the way, there was the poll among the fire brigades in, i think it was Chicago, where a quite high part of the brigadusts said, they would take higher risks to save a white man from a burning house than a black man.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Aren't the US allready a (WORLDWIDE) Police - State? In Germany, we don't get all your news, but that what i've heard is enough for me to be scared. Even here, people must fear to be arrested by the CIA with no rights, without our government doing something against it. I don't want to know what police can do in your country without being punished. And by the way, there was the poll among the fire brigades in, i think it was Chicago, where a quite high part of the brigadusts said, they would take higher risks to save a white man from a burning house than a black man.

They also tend to eat unattended children.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I haven't noticed the CIA causing trouble for us within the country.
They're (osensibly) about overseas intelligence operations.
Have a link for your poll about firemen?

Selinagirl

I tried to find it on Google but didn't found... It was about four years ago, the first time i read a newspaper. I was abot 9 years old and didn't really understanf was it wss about.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Bad cops are getting punished, but like any group, People tend to try to protect their own. Everyone has their own sense of morality. Some feel it is ok to be biased and their true self comes out if they think they can get away with it. There are bad folks like this but there are a lot of good people too.

You can't judge a country or it's people by what you hear in the media. It's mostly their job to focus on the bad because that is what gets people's attention.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
They beat up and kill innocent African American women! A UN task force under UN authority and permission of POTUS deploy into a major American city under the guise of protecting the African American population.
8555456754_7f2fe769b9_b.jpg

2008-7-2-77533060.jpg

During a routine patrol things go wrong. During a situation the UN troops overreact. They have an IFV fire and destroy a police car.
wiesel_1_mk_12_of_17.jpg

28456_10150217026790203_573465202_13074752_3029554_n.jpg

In another part of the city the news catches on camera a group of Peacekeepers ganging up and dragging an officer out of his patrol car. All because they thought the officer used too much force.

Americans watch this on the news. How outraged are they? Boston Massacre 2.0?
Like any profession, there are good cops, great cops, terrible cops, and bad cops. Why do you think these examples can be reasonably used to judge American Cops in general? Isn't that the same as judging Islam by the actions of ISIS?

Selinagirl

The Problem is, i think, us cops MUST be more aggressive than here in germany, because of the right to have weapons. Here in germany cops can calm down and don't have to fear to be shot everytime they control a car.

lostwanderingsoul

the criminals in US are barbarians so the cops must use enough force to protect the citizens. if you think the cops use too much force maybe you would rather see the criminals control the streets.

Selinagirl

Thats what i meanlostwanderingsoul. But the reason why the criminals are barbarians is, that in the us everybody can get weapons. And maybe the social system that forces people into criminality. Is it true that US citzens get state benefit only for max. 5 years in the complete life? In Germany, people live sometimes for decades from the state, but they don't have to become criminals to survive.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'll say that cops start out generally with great intentions. (I know an exception.)
But they're in a system which conditions them to be abusive, insular, & above the law.
If we cured racism overnite, we'd still be left with the same problem.
I recommend that they be subject to a continual monitoring & training program to:
- Overcome the desensitivization to citizen's rights & dignity.
- Avoid feeling the need to enable illegal behavior in their ranks.
- Instill knowledge of & respect for the law as applied to both citizens & themselves.
We must also change our laws:
- Eliminate the ability of police departments to profit from seizing money & property.
- Ensure prosecution of illegal behavior by cops & all public servants.