• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ahmadis and Bahá'u'lláh

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
Greetings and Peace to you in the Name of the Creator! I have a question about the Ahmadiyya Muslims: how do they view Bahá'u'lláh?

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Greetings and Peace to you in the Name of the Creator! I have a question about the Ahmadiyya Muslims: how do they view Bahá'u'lláh?
Good question! I really love the Ahmadis and am super curious to see if any of them are here and decide to answer
Peace be on you both.
I found following in alislam.org, At the end of the book (link below) there is summary:

""SUMMARY
The Babi and the Baha’i movement are developments out of the Ithna Ashariah doctrine in regard to the Imam Ghaib (Hidden Imam), Popular ideas and expectations connected with this doctrine have always had a deep political tinge in regard to aims, which those who held them kept carefully hidden from outsiders, from fear of getting into trouble with the administrative authorities.
The movements started by Shaikh Ahmad AlAhsa’i and Kazim Rashti shared this political tinge to the fullest And the same holds true in regard to the movements started by ‘Ali Muhammad Bab and Mirza Husain ‘Ali Baha’ullah. In fact the Babi movement soon began to come into open clash with the rulers of Iran. Rebellion and blood shed led to strict measures against the Babis. which in turn drove the real aims and impulse of the movement more and more underground. Exasperated by the opposition of the Muslim Ulema, Bab and Baha’ullah decided to cut themselves away from the Islamic Sharia. Each of the two manufactured a Sbariyah for himself. THE BĀBĪ AND BAHĀ’Ī RELIGION 104 The sharia of Bab is embodied in Al-Bayan. That of Baha’ullah is embodied in Aqdas. Departures from Islam seems to have been made merely for the sake of making departures, for they do not confer upon mankind any additional benefit as compared to the Islamic Law which these sharias seek to replace. Taken on an intellectual plane, these sharias expose themselves as crude and clumsy attempts to take the place of the Holy Qur’an. Departures made in regard to polygamy, Interest, number of daily prayers, their timing, instructions in regard to ablutions and personal hygiene, and the law of inheritance are either pointless, arbitrary, without any basis on sound reason that anyone can see, or simply absurd. Or they seem to cater for certain superficial social trends which halfbaked and ignorant people take as signs of culture, civilization and progress. Neither the Bab nor Baha’ullah claimed to be a prophet of God. Nor do their followers hold faith in them as such. Baha’ullah ended by claiming Divinity for himself, and no very great amount of intelligence is needed to reject outright the claim of a person who claims Divinity.""

Ref: https://www.alislam.org/library/books/babi/babi-and-bahai.pdf

=======

The names of the chapters of the above book are with many sub sections:
THE BĀBĪ AND BAHĀ’Ī RELIGION
COMPARISON BETWEEN THE ISLAMIC AND THE BAHĀ’Ī SHARI’ĀHS
THE QURĀN IS A LIVING BOOK & THE ISLAMIC SHARIA IS IRREPLACEABLE
SUMMARY

Note:
1- Info is provided as per asking.
2- Since it is not a discussion DIR, continuation of questions and answers is not much possible.

Last edited:

Zafir

@DJ_sXe

Im sorry for the lateness of this reply. I am an Ahmadi Muslim and have just stumbled across this forum. Our friend @DawudTalut has given a very comprehensive reply.

As Ahmadis we believe any prophet after the Holy Prophet (saw) who brings a new law (Shariah) to be false. Furthermore, Bahaullah claimed several times in his book Al-Aqdas that he was not just a prophet, but he claimed divinity himself.

I hope this clarifies your original question?

Kind regards