• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Vision of the Tree of Life

Yokefellow

Interesting coincidence.

I just wrote on another forum about how the trees in the Garden were people's past lives. Their 'fruit' was information about the lessons they learned.

Adam and his Wife were supposed to partake of said information so that they could gain Wisdom.

It is a paradox, as people were not supposed to exist yet.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Hi all. I was raised an atheist, but in the year 2015 I had a vision of the Tree of Life, making me a born again... You can read a short account of my testimony here (500 words):

I too have seen the Tree of Life. It was wonderful.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Proverbs 3:18

עץ־חיים היא למחזיקים בה ותמכיה מאשר׃

Etz Chayim Hi... She is a tree of life to those who lay hold on her; and happy is every one who holds her fast.

Last edited:

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Proverbs 3:18

עץ־חיים היא למחזיקים בה ותמכיה מאשר׃

Etz Chayim Hi... She is a tree of life to those who lay hold on her; and happy is every one who holds her fast.

Sounds like Asherah Goddess of the Tree of Life and Wife of the semitic Yahweh.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Sounds like Asherah Goddess of the Tree of Life and Wife of the semitic Yahweh.

That would have been "She is a mother of life..."

Proverbs 3 begins:

בני תורתי אל־תשכח ומצותי יצר לבך׃

My son, forget not my Torah; but let your heart keep my commandments;

Proverbs 3:18 - Etz Chayim Hi... She is a tree of life to those who lay hold on her; and happy is every one who holds her fast.

"She" is the Torah. Torah is grammatically feminine. Feminine is proximal, loving, healing, nourishing, etc... So there is some crossover in the ideas of a pagan mother-goddess, but, it's not a goddess for us. It's a revelation of God's will which is on the earth.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That would have been "She is a mother of life..."

Proverbs 3 begins:

בני תורתי אל־תשכח ומצותי יצר לבך׃

My son, forget not my Torah; but let your heart keep my commandments;

"She" is the Torah. Torah is grammatically feminine. Feminine is proximal, loving, healing, nourishing, etc... So there is some crossover in the ideas of a pagan mother-goddess, but, it's not a goddess for us. It's a revelation of God's will which is on the earth.

That's a shame. Poor Canaan.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
That's a shame. Poor Canaan.

If the story is believed literally, then, there's no reason to pity Canaan. They were an abhorrent nation by almost anyone's standards. They would rape, murder, steal, burning their children alive as sacrifices, and more. If the story is not literal, then there's still no reason to pity Canaan, because nothing bad actually happened to them.

Secret option #3: The Torah teaches that the jewish people did not follow God's orders regarding the Canaanites. There's at least 3 examples in the Torah where the lesson taught is that sometimes we're supposed to argue with God.

The Torah is multi-dimensional, just as life is multi-dimensional. It IS a tree of life. How many lives could be saved if people were more careful to always look at events and stories from multiple perspectives? This is the root of mutual-understanding. Each and every successful peace treaty comes from mutual-understanding.

From Pirkei Avot, the Ethics of the Fathers:
בֶּן בַּג בַּג אוֹמֵר, הֲפֹךְ בָּהּ וַהֲפֹךְ בָּהּ, דְּכֹלָּא בָהּ. וּבָהּ תֶּחֱזֵי, וְסִיב וּבְלֵה בָהּ, וּמִנַּהּ לֹא תָזוּעַ, שֶׁאֵין לְךָ מִדָּה טוֹבָה הֵימֶנָּה​
Ben Bag Bag said: Turn it over, and turn it over, for all is therein. And look into it; And become gray and old therein; And do not move away from it, for you have no better portion than it.​

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
If the story is believed literally, then, there's no reason to pity Canaan. They were an abhorrent nation by almost anyone's standards. They would rape, murder, steal, burning their children alive as sacrifices, and more. If the story is not literal, then there's still no reason to pity Canaan, because nothing bad actually happened to them.

The succeeding society/culture always denigrates the previous as a way to justify their own existence. So kernels of truth gets exaggerated and embellished.

When the Catholic Church falls, for instance, all that will be remembered is the pedophilia.

AdamjEdgar

Hi all. I was raised an atheist, but in the year 2015 I had a vision of the Tree of Life, making me a born again... You can read a short account of my testimony here (500 words):
im wondering,
you say in your testimony

"saliently, i was unfamiliar with the bible when this occurred"

"Halfway down, the ball of light reached the fibre that was the body of Jesus Christ"

how was it that you attributed this dream/vision to that of a revelation from God of Christianity?

wellwisher

Revelations 22;
And he showed me a river of the water of life, [a]clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of [b]the Lamb, 2 in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve [c]kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
The Christian image of the tree of life is a tree that drinks from the water of life, and has twelve kinds of fruit.

Water symbolizes intellect and the clear water of life, is about intellectual clarity. The number twelve has many symbols such as the twelve tribes of Israel, the twelve apostles of Jesus, the twelve months of the year and twelve signs of the zodiac, to name a few. It symbolizes a form of natural order like the year that repeats while also evolving. The twelve tribes are a perpetual covenant handed down through generations, as civilization and times evolve.

Neurons are like little trees with neurons intertwined like the trees of a forest. The tree of life is on both sides of the river of life is an odd image, unless you see the tree of life as a forest of a type of type of tree; neurons, brain and human nature. Human nature is common to all human brain's.

360_F_111255875_coY3nWzIpX0pHZqz3imFwdXo0QC6uGoM.jpg

The throne of god symbolizes the thalamus region of the brain which is the most wired part of the brain. This is the central switching station of the brain, accepting output from all areas of the brain and then integrates and distribute this data back to all area of the brain. The clear water of life is the flow back from the thalamus to the cerebral memory; triggers wisdom. The lamb is a gentle animal and reflects the calmness; neurotransmitters, needed to become conscious of this subtle output; see note below.

The number twelve types of fruit has to due with the firmware of the brain, or as Jung called them the archetypes of the collective unconscious. In terms of twelve we can get that number with 1 times 12, 2 times 6, 3 times 4. The first is the secular calendar, the second is the Old Testament;' two Star's of David (David and Jesus) and the last is the New Testament; trinity and cross.

The trees of life yields its fruit each month, which is sort of like a cyclic thalamus output that goes through the calendar with each month a new lesson; firmware fruit, over a different range of human thought. The leaves on any tree absorb light from the sun and undergo photosynthesis to create sugars for the plant's food. You can make a tea from the leaves of the tree of life, in sun warmed water of life, to heal all ills. This symbolism is about external reality helping to reinforce the internal changes that also occur.

Note: Neurotransmitters are used to alter the permeability of the neuron membrane, to either increase or decrease firing potential. Some neurotransmitters make the neurons leakier and will cause more firing, often over a wider scale. Other neurotransmitters do the opposite and will make it harder for neurons to fire, allowing the neurons and brain to increase the set point of the entropic potential. In the symbolism of the lamb, the latter is active. A higher entropic potential set point, with fewer pathways; less firing, creates thalamus to cerebral return clarity; water of life. Too much firing lowers the set point for less clarity and more noise.

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
sometimes we're supposed to argue with God.

Been pondering on this idea a lot lately.

Revelations 22;

The Christian image of the tree of life is a tree that drinks from the water of life, and has twelve kinds of fruit.

Water symbolizes intellect and the clear water of life, is about intellectual clarity. The number twelve has many symbols such as the twelve tribes of Israel, the twelve apostles of Jesus, the twelve months of the year and twelve signs of the zodiac, to name a few. It symbolizes a form of natural order like the year that repeats while also evolving. The twelve tribes are a perpetual covenant handed down through generations, as civilization and times evolve.

Neurons are like little trees with neurons intertwined like the trees of a forest. The tree of life is on both sides of the river of life is an odd image, unless you see the tree of life as a forest of a type of type of tree; neurons, brain and human nature. Human nature is common to all human brain's.

360_F_111255875_coY3nWzIpX0pHZqz3imFwdXo0QC6uGoM.jpg

The throne of god symbolizes the thalamus region of the brain which is the most wired part of the brain. This is the central switching station of the brain, accepting output from all areas of the brain and then integrates and distribute this data back to all area of the brain. The clear water of life is the flow back from the thalamus to the cerebral memory; triggers wisdom. The lamb is a gentle animal and reflects the calmness; neurotransmitters, needed to become conscious of this subtle output; see note below.

The number twelve types of fruit has to due with the firmware of the brain, or as Jung called them the archetypes of the collective unconscious. In terms of twelve we can get that number with 1 times 12, 2 times 6, 3 times 4. The first is the secular calendar, the second is the Old Testament;' two Star's of David (David and Jesus) and the last is the New Testament; trinity and cross.

The trees of life yields its fruit each month, which is sort of like a cyclic thalamus output that goes through the calendar with each month a new lesson; firmware fruit, over a different range of human thought. The leaves on any tree absorb light from the sun and undergo photosynthesis to create sugars for the plant's food. You can make a tea from the leaves of the tree of life, in sun warmed water of life, to heal all ills. This symbolism is about external reality helping to reinforce the internal changes that also occur.

Note: Neurotransmitters are used to alter the permeability of the neuron membrane, to either increase or decrease firing potential. Some neurotransmitters make the neurons leakier and will cause more firing, often over a wider scale. Other neurotransmitters do the opposite and will make it harder for neurons to fire, allowing the neurons and brain to increase the set point of the entropic potential. In the symbolism of the lamb, the latter is active. A higher entropic potential set point, with fewer pathways; less firing, creates thalamus to cerebral return clarity; water of life. Too much firing lowers the set point for less clarity and more noise.
Reminds me, "as above, so below". :)