• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

a question to believers about geography

cambridge79

i want to address this question specifically to believers who have been raised into a religion when they were kids and that sticked to that religion ever since. The question is simple:

how do you explain in you heart the fact that you were born exactly in the part of the world where the true religion is taught and in a family that follows it?

Last edited:

Tumah

Veteran Member
i want to address this question specifically to believers who have been raised into a religion when they were kids and that sticked to that religion ever since. The question is simple:

how do you explain in you heart the fact that you were born exactly in the part of the world where the true religion is taught and in family that follows it?
Lucky!
Thankful!

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member

how do you explain in you heart the fact that you were born exactly in the part of the world where the true religion is taught and in family that follows it?
That's easy! I wasn't born in a country and a family that taught the true faith--I was born in a (more or less) Protestant family and in a (kindasortanotreally) Protestant country! (I kid. Love them both, and <3 all you Protestants out there)

Eliab ben Benjamin

Premium Member

how do you explain in you heart the fact that you were born exactly in the part of the world where the true religion is taught and in a family that follows it?

As said above .. somewhat thankful
however as i was born in Manchester UK ... i could not consider that a part of the world
where my religion is supreme ...

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Lucky!
Thankful!

For me it is the same. I am thankful and lucky for growing up in an atheist nation like Sweden.

Alas, I expect many will say the same :)

But atheists have an edge. Our unbelief is more or less the same everywhere.

Ciao

- viole

Tumah

Veteran Member
For me it is the same. I am thankful and lucky for growing up in an atheist nation like Sweden.

Alas, I expect many will say the same :)

But atheists have an edge. Our unbelief is more or less the same everywhere.

Ciao

- viole
I'm not sure what you mean by an edge. But you're probably right in expecting everyone else to say the same more or less.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind

What is the true religion ?
It is impossible that each religion is the true religion, so we have to search for the truth ourselves, our
fathers religion isn't an excuse as God knows that many will make it as an excuse and make guesses.

THOSE who are bent on ascribing divinity to aught beside God will say, "Had God so willed, we would not have ascribed divinity to aught but Him, nor would our forefathers[have done so]; and neither would we have declared as forbidden anything [that He has allowed]." Even so did those who lived before them give the lie to the truth -until they came to taste Our punishment! Say: "Have you any [certain] knowledge which you could proffer to us? You follow but [other people's] conjectures, and you yourselves do nothing but guess." - 6:148

But when they are told, "Follow what God has bestowed from on high," some answer, "Nay, we shall follow [only] that which we found our forefathers believing in and doing." Why, even if their forefathers did not use their reason at all, and were devoid of all guidance? - 2:170

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

Excellent question. I've asked myself that all of my life. I will be interested in seeing what others have to say.

Etritonakin

I did my own research after being raised in a particular religion.

Thana

Lady

I was born into a Christian family, We only had Christian friends, I was put into a Christian Private School and every Sunday of my childhood was spent at Church.

And yet somehow, miraculously, I'm a Christian now. I know, it sounds like that was obvious from the start but I consider the fact that I'm a Christian despite my upbringing a feat in itself. I mean, you've met Christians right? They can really ruin you if you let them.

Despite the terrible people giving me terrible and mixed teachings and confusing me about God and everything, I still managed to find Him and realize my truth which is not a truth any of my family accept. So honestly I don't think geography matters much, In fact I think Christian upbringings make more Atheists than they do life-long Christians.

Rapha

Specific spirits who work with demons will be required to be within close proximity of where the 'spiritual lease' or 'contract' exists.

So if a family wishes to maintain their land in the spiritual world (the 'Realm') that is close to the coast, then they will allow a water based jinn to possess one family member in a 3rd or 4th Generation Curse.

So if you feel a very strong urge to return to a place that you once knew, then it is probably the daemon wanting to return to its homeland.

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member

People in a religion do not necessarily feel their religion is the only acceptable religion. Other religions can be true for other people. With the expanse of exposure, education and information those close-minded thinkers are fewer and fewer.

Terese

Mangalam Pundarikakshah
Staff member
Premium Member
I can't explain because i wasn't. I haven't met any Hindus where i'm from.

David1967

Premium Member

I cant explain it. Im sure that if I was born in say Iran into a Muslim family then I would be Muslim. To a Jewish family Im sure I would follow Judaism. A Hindu family.....you get the picture. I believe we are all products of our upbringing for better or worse, and that very much includes religion. I've stuck with it mainly because I've seen no reason to leave it. However I do have great respect for the religious traditions of others.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hindus would say Karma (effects of actions) determine Dharma (lifeplan). One is born in the time, place and family that will be most conducive to spiritual progress.

it's a good question, though. I see the religious online, from all over the world, arguing their doctrines, and I can't help but wonder if the Salafi from Riyadh had been born in Knoxville, would he be a fundamentalist Christian -- and vice versa.
I don't think most people arrive at their religious convictions through critical analysis.

Last edited:

Aset's Flames

Viperine Asetian

No, instead I had to deal with people thinking I was demon possessed.

It is inconvenient to be born among the bigoted.