• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A Poem Rival Wrote

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
All around me is darkness, but the darkness is what I'm used to-
It is of my own creation, strange ignorant desire
To think that the gods will come looking for me
When I am clearly still asleep, and my eyes are closed
And my reality is a dream.

If God dwells within me, I suppose I then dwell within God-
So my search is for myself, of which I am ignorant
Or ashamed that I could lose myself
When I'm clearly unaware of who I am, and I know nothing
I cannot hope to know God.

If God is everywhere, then He is in my very own darkness-
Which is why I cannot se him, yet fear flees
And I need search no longer
When I have become free of myself, and strange ignorant desire
Opened its eyes.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Wow! Excellent! I am not on the same page as you (though I do write edgy even spooky "dark" stuff time to time just for fun) in that Light explodes all around me like a battlefield of Lightfighters (Angels) zapping Magic Lanterns that even whirl, though maybe you are writing about darkness all around because it is fun (maybe), but no matter what page you are on this is good stuff.

Normally, my poems rhyme, but I am just old fashioned. But this definitely rhymed in the message! Congrats on your outstanding talent!

Your ever well wisher (sometimes), ShivaFan

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. Mostly I write poems that rhyme, but this one wasn't supposed to be a poem at all. It just became one. It is for Seekers, or those who think they have lost God and are battling Atheism or some sort of thing. When you lose your Religion it feels like you don't know yourself anymore (I once had a friend who apostatised from Christianity and she said "I don't feel like I know who I am anymore", it was very sad).

I don't want to go into too much detail because I like to leave my poetry open to different interpretations :)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Thanks. Mostly I write poems that rhyme, but this one wasn't supposed to be a poem at all. It just became one. It is for Seekers, or those who think they have lost God and are battling Atheism or some sort of thing. When you lose your Religion it feels like you don't know yourself anymore (I once had a friend who apostatised from Christianity and she said "I don't feel like I know who I am anymore", it was very sad).

I don't want to go into too much detail because I like to leave my poetry open to different interpretations :)
That is pretty interesting.

Looking at the poem... It is saying that anxiety about finding God or fear of losing God hinders finding out about God? So searching and grasping is counter productive?