• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A gay first lady?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I just stumbled across a Washington Post* article from 2019 with the headline:

It notes:

The letters, preserved by the caretaker at Evangeline’s Minnesota home, are collected in a new book, “Precious and Adored: The Love Letters of Rose Cleveland and Evangeline Simpson Whipple, 1890-1918,” and make clear that they were more than just friends, according to its editors.​

It seems like Rose and Evangeline were able to spend their final years together which pleases me.

* I subscribe to the WP -- I'm sorry if you run into a paywall. The information can also be found in

Bthoth

*banned*
What's the big deal? She was the sister of Grover Cleveland, then POTUS. SO what, she liked women or a woman (Evangeline).

After reading the wiki article, i noticed that Rose was having intimacy with a married woman, that part is wrong.

Last edited: