• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

A contradiction or is solvable. Grieving or not grieving over disbelief.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

I've been thinking of a potential contradiction. The Quran tells Mohammad (s) to not a let disbelief of a person cause him grief. Yet Quran says it maybe that he kills himself out of grief for them as hyperbola as well God expresses intense grief over his servants in Surah Yaseen.

I think a solution, is that individually, we should not be grieved if a person disbelieves... not let it effect us. However, the fact so many people disbelieve and are going to hell should grieve us.

What do you guys think? It is also might mean not to take an person's disbelief to heart, since he can't guide who he loves.

I been thinking about this since I am obsessed over a woman who I know will most likely never believe in Islam and I don't try to convert her. I care about her a lot, but I don't want to annoy her with religion since she seems not interested.

I think Quran wants us detached from an individual who disbelieves, but still be at sadness over the overall plight of humanity disbelieving.

I think I am doing the opposite of Quran, I don't care too much about humanity but care a lot if this individual disbelieves and goes to hell.

DNB

Christian
Salam

I've been thinking of a potential contradiction. The Quran tells Mohammad (s) to not a let disbelief of a person cause him grief. Yet Quran says it maybe that he kills himself out of grief for them as hyperbola as well God expresses intense grief over his servants in Surah Yaseen.

I think a solution, is that individually, we should not be grieved if a person disbelieves... not let it effect us. However, the fact so many people disbelieve and are going to hell should grieve us.

What do you guys think? It is also might mean not to take an person's disbelief to heart, since he can't guide who he loves.

I been thinking about this since I am obsessed over a woman who I know will most likely never believe in Islam and I don't try to convert her. I care about her a lot, but I don't want to annoy her with religion since she seems not interested.

I think Quran wants us detached from an individual who disbelieves, but still be at sadness over the overall plight of humanity disbelieving.

I think I am doing the opposite of Quran, I don't care too much about humanity but care a lot if this individual disbelieves and goes to hell.
You can only do your responsibility - explain your faith clearly and sincerely, with the intent to bring glory to God with your wisdom.
If your audience does not believe, then accept God's decision to deal with them as He sees fit.
Excessive concern over another's uncoerced refusal to accept your testimony, reveals a naivete and defiance on your part - you won't allow God's justice to unfold as He planned.