Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Theological Concepts
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Monomonk Offline
Religion: King James Bible
Title:Straight Gate Seeker

Frubals: 17
Monomonk gives frubals to the homeless
Default The Third Coming of Christ

I thought it was the second coming we are looking for? But something seems to be
wrong here. Christ said: "Behold, I come quickely.......". Revelation 22:7. 2000 years later does not seem like "quickely" to me. So lets take a look at this, see if we can solve this mystery.

In chapter 20 of Revelation we are told that Satan will be chained up for a thousand
years, and that Christ will live with his elect for a thousand years, then after that the
devil is let loose again for a while, then after that is the end of the world.

Now lets see if we can understand this: Let us suppose that Christ returned in the year
2000, just to round things off. This is suppose to be his second coming.
Satan is chained up for a thousand years, and during this thousand year time Christ is
living with his elect. Now at the end of this thousand years, that would bring us up to the year 3000. Now Satan is let loose to deceive the nations. But how long is Satan
allowed to do this deceiving? Here is what I visualize happened: Satan goes before
God and says: "Look, you gave that son of yours a thousand years to be with his elect, now give me a thousand years to be with my elect." Sounds reasonable, so that is what I think happened. So now, after Satan's thousand years that would put us
up to the year 4000 before the end of the world! Does anyone believe this? I don't.
I do not believe that this world will last another 2000 years before the coming of Christ to end this world. Do you? So if we do not believe this, then we are going to
have to readjust our thinking. Right?

Now, the only way that this coming of Christ in the end time could happen is that he
has already come the second time! Shortly after he went up in a cloud from the disciples he came back. We might make a guess and say that he stayed away for
ten years, or maybe fifteen years, then lived with his elect, probably in Europe.
So probably a few years after the year 1000 AD Satan was let loose on the world for
a thousand years, those thousand years are almost up. So what I think, is that we are looking for the Third Coming of Christ!

more to come. monomonk

Old 09-20-2008, 04:36 PM
herushura Offline
Religion: Julius Caesar (ion)
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 176733
herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!herushura says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

"after that is the end of the world." What, some Advice get a better translation of the bible
Old 09-21-2008, 06:36 AM
Troublemane Offline
Religion: Shamanic Panentheist
Title:Staff on Sabbatical

Frubals: 609
Troublemane advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezeTroublemane advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezeTroublemane advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezeTroublemane advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezeTroublemane advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezeTroublemane advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezeTroublemane advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezeTroublemane advises you to cover your frubals when you sneeze

Jesus said "all these things will happen before this generation pass away"...and guess what, that generation passed away and the world did not end. I think there is ample proof either Jesus did not have the ability to forsee the future, or the author of the gospels added that bit. Either way it was wrong, so using the bible to predict the future is inherently a bad idea.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Heneni Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Miss Independent

Frubals: 372
Heneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublemane View Post
Jesus said "all these things will happen before this generation pass away"...and guess what, that generation passed away and the world did not end. I think there is ample proof either Jesus did not have the ability to forsee the future, or the author of the gospels added that bit. Either way it was wrong, so using the bible to predict the future is inherently a bad idea.
Do you believe in re-incarnation?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Heneni Offline

Heneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomonk View Post
I thought it was the second coming we are looking for? But something seems to be
wrong here. Christ said: "Behold, I come quickely.......". Revelation 22:7. 2000 years later does not seem like "quickely" to me. So lets take a look at this, see if we can solve this mystery.

In chapter 20 of Revelation we are told that Satan will be chained up for a thousand
years, and that Christ will live with his elect for a thousand years, then after that the
devil is let loose again for a while, then after that is the end of the world.

Now lets see if we can understand this: Let us suppose that Christ returned in the year
2000, just to round things off. This is suppose to be his second coming.
Satan is chained up for a thousand years, and during this thousand year time Christ is
living with his elect. Now at the end of this thousand years, that would bring us up to the year 3000. Now Satan is let loose to deceive the nations. But how long is Satan
allowed to do this deceiving? Here is what I visualize happened: Satan goes before
God and says: "Look, you gave that son of yours a thousand years to be with his elect, now give me a thousand years to be with my elect." Sounds reasonable, so that is what I think happened. So now, after Satan's thousand years that would put us
up to the year 4000 before the end of the world! Does anyone believe this? I don't.
I do not believe that this world will last another 2000 years before the coming of Christ to end this world. Do you? So if we do not believe this, then we are going to
have to readjust our thinking. Right?

Now, the only way that this coming of Christ in the end time could happen is that he
has already come the second time! Shortly after he went up in a cloud from the disciples he came back. We might make a guess and say that he stayed away for
ten years, or maybe fifteen years, then lived with his elect, probably in Europe.
So probably a few years after the year 1000 AD Satan was let loose on the world for
a thousand years, those thousand years are almost up. So what I think, is that we are looking for the Third Coming of Christ!

more to come. monomonk

I think you are on to something. However Jesus never left after he came to this earth the second time.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:44 AM
Heneni Offline

We are already two thousand years after jesus's first appearance.

A thousand years were satan was bound and a thousand years were satan was loosed has come and is nearly gone. We are closer to the end than we thought.

Personally...i dont give this earth more than 4 years before it will be destroyed and re-created again.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:59 AM
Jayhawker Soule Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Conquering Member
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your valuable contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For over 20,000 posts. Congrats Jay.  :) 

Frubals: 3388
Jayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the bus
Jayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the busJayhawker Soule drives commuters crazy by singing The Frubal Song over and over on the bus

definition
Monojunk -n
the rude deposit of a pile of vapid nonsense by someone who then wanders off to do the same elsewhere
Old 09-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Monomonk Offline
Religion: King James Bible
Title:Straight Gate Seeker

Frubals: 17
Monomonk gives frubals to the homeless

No.

monomonk
Old 09-22-2008, 10:27 AM
Heneni Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomonk View Post
No.

monomonk
Id agree/disagree if i knew what the 'no' was for?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:13 AM
Wandered Off Offline
Religion: generally a bad idea
Title:Sporadic Driveby Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1677
Wandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
Wandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troublemane View Post
Either way it was wrong, so using the bible to predict the future is inherently a bad idea.
You forgot the handy dandy Prophetical Error Repair Tool: Non-literal interpretation... That can fix up just about any glaring error. Say that "this generation" really means "the Church Age" which as we all know we're still in (because the prophesied event hasn't happened, duh), and *poof* problem solved.

Once you can get people to agree that it doesn't mean what it says, the sky's the limit.