Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Theological Concepts
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 11:08 AM
nithyastha Offline
Religion: Hindu-Sanathana Dharma
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 20
nithyastha invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

your cognition is partial
Old 08-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Religion: Illuminist
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 21
SheikhHorusFromTheSky invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nithyastha View Post
SheikhHorusFromTheSky You should understand what u r trying to do , you Already have a Judgement then u r collecting for Evidence. first have the space for enquiry to happen.
Wha'?

What are you talking about?
Old 08-04-2013, 03:38 AM
Poeticus Offline
Title:| abhyAvartin |

Frubals: 598
Poeticus is legally obligated to warn you that frubals are void where prohibitedPoeticus is legally obligated to warn you that frubals are void where prohibitedPoeticus is legally obligated to warn you that frubals are void where prohibitedPoeticus is legally obligated to warn you that frubals are void where prohibitedPoeticus is legally obligated to warn you that frubals are void where prohibitedPoeticus is legally obligated to warn you that frubals are void where prohibitedPoeticus is legally obligated to warn you that frubals are void where prohibitedPoeticus is legally obligated to warn you that frubals are void where prohibited

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheikhHorusFromTheSky View Post
Namaste,

You really put an anti-Sikh website as a credible source? I mean, the Sam Harris one was persuasive, but the one above? Phew...

That's like a skateboarder trying to teach a kickflip by posting videos of a roller skater.

M.V.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 AM
Taahir Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Sophomore Member

Frubals: 22
Taahir invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

How exactly would we scientifically be able to prove or disprove reincarnation in any way? Reincarnation seems like something that is beyond any understanding of worldly science.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:10 AM
Kalidas Offline
Religion: Shakta Hindu
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 198
Kalidas is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryKalidas is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryKalidas is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryKalidas is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorry

Well my two cents is this: Heaven is FAR less believable then reincarnation. Lets say we all do have souls and they all go places when we die. Those that believe in Heaven or Hell say the souls go to one of those places despite the facts that no such places can be seen in the known universe. While reincarnationists say they are reborn into other living beings, things we CAN prove and KNOW exist.

Ekam sat vipra bahudha vadanti

they say All is one, theologians call it by many names.
Rig Veda 1.164:46
Old 08-04-2013, 10:00 AM
George-ananda Offline
Religion: Advaita Vedanta
Title:Theist

Frubals: 310
George-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal licker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisDantas View Post
Are we to believe that only one in thousands of people reincarnates,
This mainstream belief is everyone reincarnates. Only one in thousands carry specific memories that echo into this lifetime.

I am the eternal blissful, detached witness of all that changes......I impart compassion, bliss, contentment and detachment to all in body
Old 08-04-2013, 10:06 AM
George-ananda Offline

George-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal lickerGeorge-ananda is a compulsive frubal licker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheikhHorusFromTheSky View Post
The only person who tried to prove reincarnation was Ian Stevenson, who did not do it quite successfully.
Correction, Dr. Stevenson never said he was trying to 'prove' reincarnation. He was presenting evidence 'suggestive' of reincarnation. He was quite successful at that.

His evidence combined with evidence and teachings from other sources creates a strong case for reincarnation. A belief I strongly hold.

I didn't bother to read your links just like you didn't read the pro-reincarnation sources another poster mentioned. Anything with the title 'Reincarnation Debunked' is obviously dripping with one-sided emotional motivation. I'd be more inclined to read a post titled 'reincarnation intelligently considered' by someone who rejects reincarnation.

I am the eternal blissful, detached witness of all that changes......I impart compassion, bliss, contentment and detachment to all in body

Last edited by George-ananda; 08-04-2013 at 10:17 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Vinayaka Offline
Religion: Saiva Hindu
Title:devotee
Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: For being an excellent representative of your faith Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Vinayaka ! 

Frubals: 860
Vinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUNVinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUNVinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUNVinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUNVinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUNVinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUNVinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUNVinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUNVinayaka may ask you to perform a 'personal frubal inspection' ...  If that happens, RUN

I didn't believe in it last lifetime.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:11 PM
George-ananda Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemaster13 View Post
Well my two cents is this: Heaven is FAR less believable then reincarnation.
IMO. Well heaven and reincarnation both exists. Heaven is the between life state (also called the astral plane and is still a temporary state).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemaster13 View Post
Lets say we all do have souls and they all go places when we die. Those that believe in Heaven or Hell say the souls go to one of those places despite the facts that no such places can be seen in the known universe. While reincarnationists say they are reborn into other living beings, things we CAN prove and KNOW exist.
The problem with your argument there is 'what happens to souls between lifetimes?'. They are not in the known universe.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:11 PM
Kalidas Offline
Religion: Shakta Hindu
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 198
Kalidas is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryKalidas is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryKalidas is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryKalidas is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by George-ananda View Post
IMO. Well heaven and reincarnation both exists. Heaven is the between life state (also called the astral plane and is still a temporary state).

The problem with your argument there is 'what happens to souls between lifetimes?'. They are not in the known universe.
I never said they just instantly reincarnated, and honestly ?I do not know. I am speaking of the "eternal heaven". You are free to believe in heaven or hell that's fine. I honestly don't know if I do. my argument was only to bring up this one fact. It is easy to prove livings things exist it is VERY hard to prove heaven or hell exist. This if one believes in souls I see reincarnation as the "more logical" belief.

Ekam sat vipra bahudha vadanti

they say All is one, theologians call it by many names.
Rig Veda 1.164:46

Tags
fake, reincarnation