Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Seekers DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 PM
illykitty Online!
Title:Kitteh Kat

Frubals: 229
illykitty glares at people who slurp their frubalsillykitty glares at people who slurp their frubalsillykitty glares at people who slurp their frubalsillykitty glares at people who slurp their frubalsillykitty glares at people who slurp their frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratikala View Post
dear illykitty...
Yeah, well I still feel Sikhism is the closest to what I believe. I like Hinduism a lot too, so it's not like I've chosen one over the other yet. Buddhism lacks divinity and perhaps as it is now, I feel too cold about it. I need the warmth and love that I feel from divinity. I guess the only reason I see Sikhism as closer is because of the great emphasis on equality and also the way they describe the one deity. Hinduism has Krishna though!

I haven't returned to the Gurdwara sadly. I chickened out! I'm thinking of returning but it's a little hard, seeing that my husband is theistic, but not religious... He said the weirdest thing, that he didn't like going to the Gurdwara because they were so nice. Perhaps he thought if they weren't welcoming it would be easier to never return, since he dislikes religion? I don't know if I understood him right!

But yes, I depend on him for matter of transport and accompaniment. I'm still a bit uncomfortable going out on my own and going into a HUGE Gurdwara full of Punjabis and no white person in sight is more than a little scary even for someone who isn't phobic.

I really wish to return though. It kind of saddens me that I can't get over this silly self to at least try and see if Sikhism is my home.

Last edited by illykitty; 01-14-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 01-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Breathe Offline
Religion: Heaven
Title:A crank
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your exceptional and original contributions to the forum Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts!! Congrats Carl!! 

Frubals: 1599
Breathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucks
Breathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucksBreathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucksBreathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucksBreathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucksBreathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucksBreathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucksBreathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucksBreathe writes 'frubal me' in the dust on dirty trucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by illykitty View Post
He said the weirdest thing, that he didn't like going to the Gurdwara because they were so nice.
LOL! I've heard a similar criticism to Mormons.

Quote:
I really wish to return though. It kind of saddens me that I can't get over this silly self to at least try and see if Sikhism is my home.
Try and organize a date or something where you can go. If you can, try to go with a friend? If you have any friends who wouldn't freak out at the idea of going to one, that is.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM
illykitty Online!

illykitty glares at people who slurp their frubalsillykitty glares at people who slurp their frubalsillykitty glares at people who slurp their frubalsillykitty glares at people who slurp their frubalsillykitty glares at people who slurp their frubals

I'm having doubts about if I want to know who God really is or if I'm only wanting to hear what I want to hear.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM
Me Myself Offline
Religion: what?
Title:Back to my username
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For contributing 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 924
Me Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares up

First things first: what is it that you think you would really want to hear?
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Me Myself Offline
Religion: what?
Title:Back to my username
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For contributing 10,000 amazing posts! 

Frubals: 924
Me Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares upMe Myself gets really grumpy every time that old fruballing injury flares up

Before knwing path to choose, know self who is choosing
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM
illykitty Online!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Myself View Post
First things first: what is it that you think you would really want to hear?
What I want to hear is that god is simple, he has love for all, even non religious or atheists and he doesn't require anything from us. However, is that the truth? That's what I want, but what I want might not be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple View Post
You're already way ahead of most other people, perhaps you should figure out what religions you have differences that can't be reconciled with before choosing.
But what if those differences are right and I'm wrong?
Old 01-31-2013, 09:13 PM
disciple Offline
Title:Esteemed Member

Frubals: 99
disciple dreams of one day opening a frubal grooming salondisciple dreams of one day opening a frubal grooming salon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illykitty View Post

Well I'll try to read more even about religions that I didn't really consider interesting (such a Judaism) I suppose it's unfair to read only the surface of it.
It would be good to know your choices, especially if considering Islam etc. like you mentioned.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM
illykitty Online!

I decided that for now, I'll practise what feels right to me, an ever evolving belief that is never set. I'll bring together practises that I like by testing them. Flexible and adaptable.

Atm, I've given up on finding an already made religion. It's impossible for me to pick one in present time. I find good and bad point for all of them and can't just pick one. I'd have to alter whatever to fit my values and I cannot find any proof or reason why I should go with an already made unflexible religion over my own eclectic mix.

So to sum up, panentheism with ever changing and evolving practises that I'll put to the test to see if I keep them or reject them. Panentheism has been my only constant in the past years so I doubt that would change but the rest is flexible.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 PM
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 12
BirdseyeSwordfish will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyorni View Post
If you like aspects of Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism, perhaps you should look into Sufism, the mystical branch of Islam.
I agree with this, but I think even some Sufis would disagree that Paganism can be incorporated into their religion. Islam is rather strict on the notion of Monotheism, and worshiping the One True God, rather than the created.

That said, Sufism is said to be on the "inner" path, while Sunni and Shia Islam are on the "outer" path. For clarification, you might want to look at some of the works by Ivan Agueli, who was one of Europe's foremost Sufis, and also, politically speaking, an anarchist.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:27 AM
Religion: Undecided
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 13
Le Neigeden d'antan will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyorni View Post
If you like aspects of Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and Paganism, perhaps you should look into Sufism, the mystical branch of Islam.
Such a person could also look into syncretic religions such as Unitarianism.

Tags
advice, confused, panentheism, religions