Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / The Material World / Science and Technology
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 08:31 PM
nutshell Offline
Religion: Non-literal LDS
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 681113
nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Question Avoiding the "BIG" Picture: Attaching pics to email

I use gmail for my free email needs.

Problem: When I attach pictures to a gmail email the pictures will show in the body of the text as a thumbnail. However, if the user clicks the thumbnail, the picture enlarges to take up more than the whole screen. In other words, the picture becomes sooooo BIG, the user has to use the scroll bars to see all of the picture.

Question: How can I make it so that the pictures don't come out so large when a user clicks the thumbnail???

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
yossarian22 Offline
Religion: Flying Handkerchiefist
Title:Resident Schizophrenic

Frubals: 201
yossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the pooryossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the pooryossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the pooryossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the pooryossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the poor

How computer literature are you?
Resizing is the simplest option. You can do it in paint I think.
Or here is a site. Resize Images online
Unsure on quality
Another option is to have person on the other side raise their screen resolution.
These are the simplest options
Old 02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
Francine Offline
Religion: Taoist

Frubals: 452798
Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Francine says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yossarian22 View Post
How computer literature are you?
Resizing is the simplest option. You can do it in paint I think.
There's a piece of freeware called Slowview that will do it.

FileForum | SlowView
Old 02-05-2008, 09:08 PM
nutshell Offline

nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!nutshell says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Thanks to both of you. I'll give those a try.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 PM
nutshell Offline

I want to throw this out there.

The pictures on the computer are "regular" size. It's only when the thumbnails are opened from an email that they become "BIG" rather than "regular" size. Will the websites you've linked to help with this problem? I get the impression that they just make the original picture smaller, but the original is already a good size. The problem is getting the BIG picture when opening from an email.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:25 PM
yossarian22 Offline

yossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the pooryossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the pooryossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the pooryossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the pooryossarian22 feels the government should give frubals to the poor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshell View Post
I want to throw this out there.

The pictures on the computer are "regular" size. It's only when the thumbnails are opened from an email that they become "BIG" rather than "regular" size. Will the websites you've linked to help with this problem? I get the impression that they just make the original picture smaller, but the original is already a good size. The problem is getting the BIG picture when opening from an email.
It depends. Does it do this universally in everybody's account?
I think its a screen resolution issue, but it would help to know more. It may be the display settings in the browser or email client are messed up
Old 02-05-2008, 10:52 PM
nutshell Offline

It's happening on my wife's account and on my account. On my laptop and on her laptop. Screen resolution is set at 1280 x 800.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:56 PM
nutshell Offline

It might be a gmail issue. The thumbnail gives me two options: view or download. The "big" result happens when I click view. It opens another gmail browser window and gives me the big picture. If I click download, it opens MS Picture Manager and is regular size.
Old 02-06-2008, 06:21 PM
yossarian22 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshell View Post
It's happening on my wife's account and on my account. On my laptop and on her laptop. Screen resolution is set at 1280 x 800.
Its a gmail issue. Check how your images are set to display. I am not familiar with gmail so I am of no help here. Sorry.

You should try the image resizer and see if it works.