Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / The Material World / Science and Technology
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2010, 09:55 AM
.lava Offline
Religion: haneef religion=ISLAM
Title:Moderator Emeritus
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1171
.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals
.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals.lava orders fast food kid meals just to get the toy frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamena View Post
Do you think that scientific practices, theories and concepts actively work to disprove religions or "God"? Why or why not?
no, it does not. well, because that is not the purpose of science

and is gained by a hundred means of persuasion.
RUMI
Old 07-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Breathe Offline
Title:Wondering why I'm here
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your exceptional and original contributions to the forum Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts!! Congrats Carl!! 

Frubals: 1628
Breathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggle
Breathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggleBreathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggleBreathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggleBreathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggleBreathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggleBreathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggleBreathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggleBreathe watches videos of frubals running in slow motion to see them jiggle

I don't think so. Science doesn't set out to disprove religions or God, only to find out reasons on how things work. There may be some scientists who are doing so, but I do not believe science itself is out to do that. For one it's not sentient.

If it affects some people's views.. well.. perhaps they shouldn't take everything in their religious scripture quite so literally.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Shyanekh Offline
Religion: Dark Pagan/Demonolater
Title:Devil's Advocate

Frubals: 527
Shyanekh considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'Shyanekh considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'Shyanekh considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'Shyanekh considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'Shyanekh considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'Shyanekh considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'Shyanekh considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'Shyanekh considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamena View Post
Do you think that scientific practices, theories and concepts actively work to disprove religions or "God"? Why or why not?
It disproves some deities and provides greater knowledge of others IMO.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:41 PM
mAlice Offline
Religion: Atheist
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 12
mAlice will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestemia View Post
...whenever something is shown to be wrong, it is changed to reflect what is known to be right.
Just to make things clear... Science can't, fundamentaly, prove something to be right, it can only prove something to be wrong.

And to the OP, No....... Science dosen't disprove the existence of God, neither does it try to.... Nor does it disprove or try to disprove the existence of a Gay Smurf orbiting Saturn!

Science doesn't work like that... If it did, it would go nowhere. If that was science, it would fall into an endless loop of useless research.

- "I tell you! There is a Gay Smurf out there!"

- "Well I haven't found any"

- "Go look again.... I'm sure it's there!"

- "Ok! I'll go look again!"

That's where the "endless loop" is and that kind of reasoning just dosen't work.

Last edited by mAlice; 07-26-2010 at 08:54 PM..
Old 07-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Mestemia Offline
Religion: Apathetic Agnostic
Title:Advocatus Diaboli
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: For 30,000 poasts. Congrats Mes! 

Frubals: 2365
Mestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballed
Mestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballedMestemia just wants a cigarette after being fruballed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mAlice View Post
Just to make things clear... Science can't, fundamentaly, prove something to be right, it can only prove something to be wrong.

And to the OP, No....... Science dosen't disprove the existence of God, neither does it try to.... Nor does it disprove or try to disprove the existence of a Gay Smurf orbiting Saturn!

Science doesn't work like that... If it did, it would go nowhere. If that was science, it would fall into an endless loop of useless research.

- "I tell you! There is a Gay Smurf out there!"

- "Well I haven't found any"

- "Go look again.... I'm sure it's there!"

- "Ok! I'll go look again!"

That's where the "endless loop" is and that kind of reasoning just dosen't work.
What you got against gay smurfs?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:20 PM
mAlice Offline
Religion: Atheist
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 12
mAlice will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mestemia View Post
What you got against gay smurfs?
According to Gargamel these small creatures can be turned into Gold. How are we suppose to profit from them if they are to busy swinging glowsticks in some rave a few thousands miles away from the outer rings of Saturn!?!

Takes a while to go there and harvest them!