Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / Science and Religion
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 12:30 PM
painted wolf Offline
Religion: Native American
Title:Grey Muzzle
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For the knowledge, research and effort you put into your posts. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1673
painted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
painted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger

Quote:
Originally Posted by otokage007 View Post
I don't really like to re-quote myself. But I'll do it for you:

For the wise to understand, few words are needed.

If you didn't understand my statement, well it is really your problem, I'm sure not everyone here will be unable to grasp what I tried to say. No offence!

PS: And BTW, I said "an organism that makes ALL GRASS go red". I wasn't trying to be picky, but still your correction makes no sense.
How do you know that the redness isn't caused by an organism... or that it won't spread to other grasses?

I'm just trying to keep you from making declarative statements that are demonstrably false (we all know that grass is green).

The black swan is not something you want biting you on the butt.

wa:do
Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 AM
jasonwill2 Offline
Religion: Transtheistic Satanism
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 165
jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted wolf View Post
How do you know that the redness isn't caused by an organism... or that it won't spread to other grasses?

I'm just trying to keep you from making declarative statements that are demonstrably false (we all know that grass is green).

The black swan is not something you want biting you on the butt.

There are no green stars.

But really, if you know of a star that is green (that isn't in false-color for showing certain gases), give me it's name and/or classification and number (New Galactic Catalog, Messier, ect) so I can confirm it. And again, it can't be green in false color, it has to be predominately green naturally.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
PolyHedral Offline
Religion: Meow's socks
Title:Superabacus Mystic
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 332
PolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more arousedPolyHedral tries counting frubals to get to sleep but only ends up more aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwill2 View Post

But really, if you know of a star that is green (that isn't in false-color for showing certain gases), give me it's name and/or classification and number (New Galactic Catalog, Messier, ect) so I can confirm it. And again, it can't be green in false color, it has to be predominately green naturally.
I'm sure I could find a predominately green star if I had all the data in front of me. However, it'd still be putting out enough extra radiation that it appears white.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:23 AM
paarsurrey Offline
Title:Esteemed Member

Frubals: 100
paarsurrey added a shed out back to store more frubalspaarsurrey added a shed out back to store more frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by otokage007 View Post
As many as for any other about-humans experiment.

You are right, but "for the wise to understand, few words are needed". When OP made his statement, he was implying that "well you can prove a possitive, but what about a negative?". It won't really help to say: "you actually can prove nothing, science doesn't work that way". His use of the word "prove" is just a way to save words. Or so I interpreted it!

My point is, the statement "humans don't have 80 million red cells", is true (to be picky, you can exchange the word "true" for "highly accurate due to the evidence we posses"), because we have a lot of evidence that support that statement, and no evidence against it. And as you see, it's a negative statement.

I agree with the OP that some people have kind of a "blind faith" that negatives can't be proven. I don't know where did they read this but it's quite extended, not only on this forums lol. Actually, I think the only thing science can not "prove", is simply what can not be tested.
It is a rhetoric of the atheists; they ask others to prove and give evidences but they themselves are evasive to prove what they believe in blind faith and they have hardly any evidences to put forward.

Negative could be proved; if they are atheists with reasons they should prove that the one true attributive creative God does no exist and give evidences for that; they have none to offer, in my opinion.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:44 AM
jasonwill2 Offline
Religion: Transtheistic Satanism
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 165
jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyHedral View Post
I'm sure I could find a predominately green star if I had all the data in front of me. However, it'd still be putting out enough extra radiation that it appears white.
Well I meant that it appeared green, and as far as I know no thing exists, and I have never hard of it existing. Infact, I'm curious as to why there are no green stars.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:45 PM
otokage007 Offline
Religion: Caturday
Title:Non-Theist

Frubals: 67
otokage007 has a stash of frubals in the Cayman Islandsotokage007 has a stash of frubals in the Cayman Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by paarsurrey View Post
It is a rhetoric of the atheists; they ask others to prove and give evidences but they themselves are evasive to prove what they believe in blind faith and they have hardly any evidences to put forward.

Negative could be proved; if they are atheists with reasons they should prove that the one true attributive creative God does no exist and give evidences for that; they have none to offer, in my opinion.
I think you missinterpreted me. I also think negatives "can be proven", although as you can see, some people here gave u pretty smart answers why it is not really "correct" to say they can actually be "proven". But yes, in the most practical sense, negatives can of course be proven. However, I also stated that nonexistence is an exception to this. Nonexistence can't be proven as far as I know. I really can't find a way to prove the nonexistence of mythical figures like Gods, or titans, or Harry Potter. Can you?
Old 09-05-2012, 04:38 AM
paarsurrey Offline
Title:Esteemed Member

Frubals: 100
paarsurrey added a shed out back to store more frubalspaarsurrey added a shed out back to store more frubals

The one true attributive creator God is a reality, in my opinion, and is not mythical; so His non-existence must be proved with strong evidences.

My religion says:

[14:11] Their Messengers said, ‘Are you in doubt concerning Allah, Maker of the heavens and the earth? He calls you that He may forgive you your sins, and grant you respite till an appointed term.’ They said, ‘You are but men like ourselves; you desire to turn us away from that which our fathers used to worship. Bring us, then, a clear proof.’

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online
Old 09-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Gjallarhorn Offline
Religion: To Be Determined
Title:N'yog-Sothep
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For your extensive reading and knowledge about different topics 

Frubals: 936
Gjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptableGjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptableGjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptableGjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptableGjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptableGjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptableGjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptableGjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptableGjallarhorn advises you not to bite the hand that frubals you, but the knee is probably acceptable

Quote:
Originally Posted by paarsurrey View Post
The one true attributive creator God is a reality, in my opinion, and is not mythical; so His non-existence must be proved with strong evidences.

My religion says:

[14:11] Their Messengers said, ‘Are you in doubt concerning Allah, Maker of the heavens and the earth? He calls you that He may forgive you your sins, and grant you respite till an appointed term.’ They said, ‘You are but men like ourselves; you desire to turn us away from that which our fathers used to worship. Bring us, then, a clear proof.’

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online
...or you could just take the easier and more logical route of positive proof.

I mean, unless you want to scour the universe for the invisible intangible dragon that breathes heat-less fire which I am 100% certain exists.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:03 AM
otokage007 Offline
Religion: Caturday
Title:Non-Theist

Frubals: 67
otokage007 has a stash of frubals in the Cayman Islandsotokage007 has a stash of frubals in the Cayman Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjallarhorn View Post
...or you could just take the easier and more logical route of positive proof.

I mean, unless you want to scour the universe for the invisible intangible dragon that breathes heat-less fire which i am 100% certain exists.
:d
Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 PM
painted wolf Offline
Religion: Native American
Title:Grey Muzzle
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For the knowledge, research and effort you put into your posts. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1673
painted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
painted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerpainted wolf thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwill2 View Post

I'm not an astronomer... but you are welcome to look at all the stars in the universe to prove that one isn't out there.

Zubeneschamali is said by many viewers to be green, though to others it seems white. I haven't looked myself, but it seems like a good place for you to start.

Though, technically stars aren't really a particular color (they all give off light in the full spectrum) they just have a temperature range that emits more in a particular part of the spectrum. The sun is no more "yellow" than it is ultraviolet, microwave or xray (though it's peak output in the spectrum is actually "blue-green").

The problem is that our eyes are pretty limited when it comes to detecting light spectra and we can't see the "blue-green" color of the sun because, like every star, it gives off all spectra of light at the same time.... thus our eyes blend it into "white".

So, there could potentially be "green" stars but we would never see them with our bare eyes because of the anatomy of our rather poorly designed eyes. In fact "green" is one of the hardest colors in nature to produce. Mostly it's a trick of layering blue and greenish yellow pigments to trick the eye into seeing actual green.

Why are there no green stars? | Bad Astronomy | Discover Magazine

What is fun is the fact that for the same reasons, if we orbited a red giant in real life we would see it as white just like our sun, not red. Because again, it's giving off light in the full spectra and our eyes will combine that into white.

Tags
evidences, negatives, positives, proofs