Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Left-Hand Path Religions DIR / Satanism DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 05:36 PM
jasonwill2 Offline
Religion: Transtheistic Satanism
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 165
jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'
Thumbs up I'm a devil worshiper!

I'M BREAKING YOUR TABOOS! I'M GOING TO DO IT!

Many Satanists hate the stigma of the word worship? Well I admit it, I WORSHIP Satan!

Many Satanists hate being called Devil Worshipers? I'M A DEVIL WORSHIPER! DEAL WITH IT!

I have done the most Left Hand Path thing and embraced what even satanists loathe, being called a Devil Worshiper!

MUHAHAHAHA! Seriously guys, why do so many people use "Devil Worship" as a derogatory term? Semantically it is the same as Satan worship, only it is not indicative of which devil one worships.

Hail Satan.

I think I might really embrace such a term, from now on I am a Devil Worshiper!
Old 11-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Adramelek Offline
Religion: Left-Hand Path
Title:Setian

Frubals: 281
Adramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the table

In a sense I could say that I worship Set, however, it is not a master/servant relationship, but rather a teacher/student relationship. So in actuality as Set is a Form that I seek to immulate I honor and admire Him/It rather than actually worshipping as worshipping implies surrendering the individual self and will to that of a higher power. Such surrender of the self or psyche is absolutely antithetical to Setian philosophy as the self-aware psyche is that which is known as the "Gift of Set".

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe,
whose eyes are the Face of the Sun and the Dark Fire of Set."
- The Word of Set

Last edited by Adramelek; 11-28-2011 at 06:36 PM..
Old 11-28-2011, 06:59 PM
jasonwill2 Offline

jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'jasonwill2 goes around asking, 'Do these frubals make my butt look big?'

um, ok lol.

I was merely trying to make a point by breaking the taboo of being a "Devil Worshiper".

It's all semantics dude, worship, revere, honor, are more or less the same thing. My point being is that it is stupid to label the Satanists you do not like and the crazy people "Devil Worshipers". It makes little sense. Also recognize the stigma of the word worship, but just because I worship Satan doesn't mean I pitifully grovel at him like some xian that begs to their god for stuff.

Worship to me is a deep respect and reverence that goes way beyond simply honoring someone or a god. Satan has done a lot for me, and in the future I see him doing more. The least I can do is honor him by growing and realizing how awesome he is.

I was trying to make a point more than anything.

Last edited by jasonwill2; 11-28-2011 at 10:07 PM.. Reason: corrected some stuffs
Old 11-29-2011, 03:54 PM
The Sum of Awe Offline
Religion: Universal Soul (Qi)
Title:Realitarian
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

Frubals: 710
The Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packets

I'd like to but belief in the Devil seems too anthropocentric...

"I needn't explain my beliefs, they're all around me."
"What helps you sleep at night, might not let you wake up."
The Sum of Awe

"The universe begins to look more and more like a great thought than a great machine." James Jeans
Old 11-29-2011, 07:28 PM
jasonwill2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sum of Awe View Post
I'd like to but belief in the Devil seems too anthropocentric...
Well the point I was making that it seems silly to me to say "Satanists do not commit crimes, Devil Worshipers do" because outside of our own circles, no one will ever make the distinction between the two. An anology would be like "gay people do not commit crimes, fagots do"

(those are not my own words by the way).

It just does not make any sense that an insult that semantically means the same thing would be used as a label to divorce Satanists from crazy people and criminals and the Satanist stereotype. So by calling myself a "Devil Worshiper" I was trying to make a point.

Maybe I was too vague with my approach
Old 11-29-2011, 07:37 PM
The Sum of Awe Offline
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

The Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonwill2 View Post
Well the point I was making that it seems silly to me to say "Satanists do not commit crimes, Devil Worshipers do" because outside of our own circles, no one will ever make the distinction between the two. An anology would be like "gay people do not commit crimes, fagots do"
Doesn't gay mean fagot?

Anton LaVey (founder of Satanism, probably you knew that) probably was referring to the ancient Devil Worshipers, who actually coined the term 'devil worship' it wasn't coined as 'Satanism', but they used murder, rape, and child sacrifice in their practices back in the day.

If there is evidence that he was speaking of devil worshipers of today, then I would find it silly that Satanists say that also.

Quote:
It just does not make any sense that an insult that semantically means the same thing would be used as a label to divorce Satanists from crazy people and criminals and the Satanist stereotype. So by calling myself a "Devil Worshiper" I was trying to make a point.

Maybe I was too vague with my approach
Oh sorry, didn't know you were trying to make a point, but worshiping a literal Devil would be interesting a ton, there are only a few who do and they probably only do to look cool, sadly.

The Sum of Awe

"The universe begins to look more and more like a great thought than a great machine." James Jeans
Old 11-29-2011, 07:48 PM
jasonwill2 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sum of Awe View Post
Doesn't gay mean fagot?

Anton LaVey (founder of Satanism, probably you knew that) probably was referring to the ancient Devil Worshipers, who actually coined the term 'devil worship' it wasn't coined as 'Satanism', but they used murder, rape, and child sacrifice in their practices back in the day.

If there is evidence that he was speaking of devil worshipers of today, then I would find it silly that Satanists say that also.

Oh sorry, didn't know you were trying to make a point, but worshiping a literal Devil would be interesting a ton, there are only a few who do and they probably only do to look cool, sadly.

Actually those "Devil Worshipers" never existed, it was Catholic propaganda from around the time of the Renaissance. And Anton LaVey never talked about "Devil Worshipers" like that, also he did not found Satanism, but LaVeyanism. Satanism, if defined as a philosophy that sees Satan positively, appeared around the 18th century in literature. Satan was often cast in a positive light in many of those works. The Church of Satan was merely the first organized group to see recognition. I have no doubt that there were Independent Theistic Satanists hiding in the closet as far back as the late 1800's. Most Satanists are still closeted today, but the internet is changing that rapidly.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:03 PM
The Sum of Awe Offline

Quote:
Actually those "Devil Worshipers" never existed, it was Catholic propaganda from around the time of the Renaissance.
Iunno, I never found facts supporting my side, but never seen any supporting your side when I searched also. You're most likely right though, on my side it sounded like crazy fundie talk.

Quote:
also he did not found Satanism, but LaVeyanism.
Ew I dislike that term.

LaVey coined the term Satanism, or at least founded the earliest Satanic Church. There might have been LHPs before Satanism but they didn't adhere to the word Satanism.

Quote:
Satanism, if defined as a philosophy that sees Satan positively, appeared around the 18th century in literature.
Source?

Quote:
Satan was often cast in a positive light in many of those works. The Church of Satan was merely the first organized group to see recognition. I have no doubt that there were Independent Theistic Satanists hiding in the closet as far back as the late 1800's. Most Satanists are still closeted today, but the internet is changing that rapidly.
I doubt they called themselves 'Satanists' though if they were in the closet. I'm speaking of people actually using the word 'Satanism'.

The Sum of Awe

Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 PM
jasonwill2 Offline

i'd give you a source if i could post links

true though on them calling themselves satanists, they probably didnt, but lavey didnt make the word out of thin air, he wrote the Satanic Bible by standing on the shoulders of giants. he used to have a bibliography in some of the older editions of the Satanic Bible
Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 PM
The Sum of Awe Offline

Quote:
i'd give you a source if i could post links

true though on them calling themselves satanists, they probably didnt, but lavey didnt make the word out of thin air, he wrote the Satanic Bible by standing on the shoulders of giants. he used to have a bibliography in some of the older editions of the Satanic Bible
I also can't find older Satanic Bibles in google search.

I'm pretty sure, in accordance to the introduction, he basically wrote it based off his livelihood experiences.

The Sum of Awe

Tags
breaking, devil worship, insult, taboo