Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates / Same Faith Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Wandered Off Offline
Religion: generally a bad idea
Title:Sporadic Driveby Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1677
Wandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
Wandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
Default Christians: "This car is covered by the blood of Jesus"

On my commute this morning, I saw a bumper sticker that said:
Quote:
This car is covered by the blood of Jesus
Naturally, being a smart-aleck ex-believer, I had all sorts of thoughts that I won't go into out of respect, but mostly it struck me as a little creepy. Do you think this kind of message is appealing? What is its point?

Note: I'm directing this message to Christians, not looking for smart-alecky comments from fellow nons... I already thought of those.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:17 AM
Religion: Christian
Title:Pater Familias
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3413
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals

It seems to have served its purpose.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Magic Man Offline
Religion: Trampolinist
Title:Reaper of Conversation
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved.   Congratulations! Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1405
Magic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the project
Magic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the projectMagic Man is raising funds to open a frubal petting zoo, but the cost of hand sanitizer alone might sink the project

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellous_evangellous View Post
It seems to have served its purpose.
Which is?

Whom = him, her
Who = he, she
Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 AM
Just_me_Mike Offline
Religion: Human Interaction
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 480
Just_me_Mike has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasJust_me_Mike has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasJust_me_Mike has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasJust_me_Mike has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasJust_me_Mike has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasJust_me_Mike has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasJust_me_Mike has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandered Off View Post

Naturally, being a smart-aleck ex-believer, I had all sorts of thoughts that I won't go into out of respect, but mostly it struck me as a little creepy. Do you think this kind of message is appealing? What is its point?

Note: I'm directing this message to Christians, not looking for smart-alecky comments from fellow nons... I already thought of those.
As you know there are creepy Christians, and then there are CREEPY Christians.

I think your honest prejudice is what spawned th creepy factor for you, not knowing what degree of creepiness was inside the car. Was it the David Duke level or the child just trying to proess their religion.

As to what is meant by the sticker, it is purely determined by the creepy Christian in the car Different meanings for different people.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Wandered Off Offline
Religion: generally a bad idea
Title:Sporadic Driveby Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1677
Wandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger
Wandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much largerWandered Off thinks your frubals are cute as buttons, only much larger

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwillend View Post
I think your honest prejudice is what spawned th creepy factor for you
Seriously? Being creeped out by the mental image of a large blood-covered object is a result of prejudice?

I was a sincere believer in my youth, and I was a little creeped out by all the blood hymns even in those days.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:31 AM
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by mball1297 View Post
Which is?
Advertising - getting people to talk and think about your message. This one seems to have sunk in.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I was a sincere believer in my youth, and I was a little creeped out by all the blood hymns even in those days.
Me too. I remember thinking:

What have my parents got us into?

I was imagining church members washing themselves in a fountain of blood.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Apex Offline
Religion: LDS
Title:Somewhere Around Nothing

Frubals: 428
Apex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplace

Quote:

Yeah, that is creepy.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Heneni Offline
Title:Miss Independent

Frubals: 372
Heneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedHeneni forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed

There is not one scripture in the bible that indicates that we must put the blood of jesus or as they say 'plead the blood of Jesus' over our earthly items.

The idea was probably started by someone who read the sacrifice rituals in the OT and figured that the sprinkling of blood over various things would have some spiritual meaning for christians and their cars or other earthly possession.

The OT priests did sprinkle the blood of the sacrifices over various things, to purify it. But only when these rituals were done. If anything I would say that to purify your car, buy one that does not pump the air full of poison as soon as you can afford it.

Heneni
Old 10-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Bware Offline
Religion: Agnostic/Logical
Title:I'm the Jugganaut!!

Frubals: 24
Bware invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heneni View Post
There is not one scripture in the bible that indicates that we must put the blood of jesus or as they say 'plead the blood of Jesus' over our earthly items.

The idea was probably started by someone who read the sacrifice rituals in the OT and figured that the sprinkling of blood over various things would have some spiritual meaning for christians and their cars or other earthly possession.

The OT priests did sprinkle the blood of the sacrifices over various things, to purify it. But only when these rituals were done. If anything I would say that to purify your car, buy one that does not pump the air full of poison as soon as you can afford it.

Heneni
For once, I completley agree with you Henneni.