Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2007, 10:47 AM
madhatter85 Offline
Religion: Latter-day Saint
Title:Transhumanist

Frubals: 154
madhatter85 tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationmadhatter85 tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationmadhatter85 tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationmadhatter85 tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversation

We don't know for a surety if anyone will be "Saved"

We cannot judge them at all. Who knows? Paul may have slipped up somewhere and never repented of it, you never know.

What does it matter if This person or that person will make it to "Inherit the Kingdom of God"

What matters is if YOU are ready. I suggest that EVERYONE worry about themselves and thier sposes FIRST, in regards to salvation. I am very sure of all of you that you have things that you need to repent of that you overlooked or felt justified in doing.
I know that i have many thing of which i am responsible for that i need to repent of daily.

ďthe Lord cannot look upon sin with the least degree of allowance.Ē (D&C 1:31; see also Lev. 5:17; Alma 45:16.)

If you are spotted in the least bit, you will not beable to inherit the kingdom of God, which is why we are here on earth in the first place. I know I wanted it in the pre-existence, which is why i kept my first estate, and why i am here now on this earth with a physical body. And now I am going to try as hard as i can to keep my second estate so that i may stand before God with "Clean hands and a pure heart."
The great religious leaders of the world such as Mohammed, Confucius, the Reformers, as well as philosophers including Socrates, Plato, and others, received a portion of Godís light. Moral truths were given to them by God to enlighten...nations and to bring...understanding to individuals
Old 09-04-2007, 10:48 AM
madhatter85 Offline
Religion: Latter-day Saint
Title:Transhumanist

Frubals: 154
madhatter85 tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationmadhatter85 tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationmadhatter85 tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversationmadhatter85 tries to work the phrase, 'more fun than a barrel of frubals' into every conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysoup61 View Post
It is not doctrinal, if it was it would be in our Standard Works. Ask any of the LDS here if they think Miracle of Forgiveness is doctrinal.

In fact, President Kimball states in the beginning of the book,

Could you point out to me where any General Authority has called it the "5th Standard Work", and I like to see how doctrinal those statements are as well. If it really was doctrinal in would be included within our curriculum in Sunday School as well as Gospel Doctrine and several other Church-held classes. It is not doctrinal -- whatever is in our Standard Works (Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price) is.

Again, it is not doctrinal, and I have read it, twice, I am on my third reading right now.
Have you been to church lately?
The great religious leaders of the world such as Mohammed, Confucius, the Reformers, as well as philosophers including Socrates, Plato, and others, received a portion of Godís light. Moral truths were given to them by God to enlighten...nations and to bring...understanding to individuals
Old 09-04-2007, 10:52 AM
rocka21 Offline
Religion: www.alcc.org
Title:Brother Rock

Frubals: 57
rocka21 has a reputation beyond reputerocka21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysoup61 View Post
Actually we do agree for the most part, we just feel FFH is wrong on his interpretation is some parts. If you see the rest of responses, you will see that we are generally unified on this subject and most others. FFH does have his own interpretations sometimes, and many a time they are not exactly doctrinal. For the most part, most Christians cannot agree, there are thousands (if not more) different denominations of Christianity.

It's sad, you claim to want to know what we believe and then you go and mock us. To me that isn't very Christ-like nor do I believe Christ would act in that way. He said to love all, not to mock and make fun of all.

sorry becky if you think i am not " christ -like".

Just to let you know, this is a debate - forum. Sorry if you cannot take a " challenge to your docrine".

if i recall , there are plenty of threads were you had a word or two to say about Pat roberson and Others. I did not go crying and calling you un-christ like. its just your view on there doctrine that you dissagree with , thats all.

sometimes i am short and to the point, but in no way am i Mocking and making fun of you. I will challange doctrine thou.... as many here on RF do. God Bless
Old 09-04-2007, 11:01 AM
SoyLeche Offline
Religion: LDS
Title:meh...

Frubals: 614
SoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter85 View Post
Red Herring.
When a man asks for proof we can be pretty sure that proof is the last thing in the world he really wants. His request is thrown out as a challenge, and the chances are that he has no intention of being shown up. - Hugh Nibbley
Old 09-04-2007, 11:05 AM
Bishka Offline
Religion: Christian - LDS
Title:BANNED
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This was given to you by your peers based on the numerous, quality thread you have created. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: This was given to your for the milestone of reaching 10,000 posts. 

Frubals: 855920
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter85 View Post
In all my years I've never heard it referred to as our '5th Standard Work'. I wonder why that is? Maybe because it isn't. Why is my Church attendance important to this discussion?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:06 AM
Bishka Offline
Religion: Christian - LDS
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This was given to you by your peers based on the numerous, quality thread you have created. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: This was given to your for the milestone of reaching 10,000 posts. 

Frubals: 855920
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Bishka says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocka21 View Post
Just to let you know, this is a debate - forum. Sorry if you cannot take a " challenge to your docrine".
What challenge? Or do you mean the half-baked attempts to 'prove us wrong' with the same lies that we have refuted time and time again?
Old 09-04-2007, 11:20 AM
FFH Offline
Religion: see LDS.org Mormon.org
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1345058
FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyLeche View Post
Admit it - you only need to believe that it will continue on after Judgement to justify your belief that Christ wasn't married in this life - right?
No, that's not it at all...

Infants and children who die before the age of accountability go directly to the Celestial kingdom, but they will marry...

Where do you think they will marry, in paradise, in hell, no the Celestial kingdom of course, since that's where they are and we can't, obviously, marry them by proxy on earth, since we obviously don't know who their spouse is..

That's proof enough that some sort of marriage covenant is performed in the Celestial Kingdom so they can progress towards becoming a god....

Think about it...

Jesus was no different than a little child, in the fact that he was innocent and did not sin and did not live under the same laws we live under, there not being the requirement of Celestial marriage then, there not being any temples as we know them today, in his time......

Last edited by FFH; 09-04-2007 at 11:22 AM..
Old 09-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Aqualung Offline
Title:Tasty

Frubals: 633
Aqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliensAqualung is convinced frubals were placed here by superintelligent aliens

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFH View Post

Infants and children who die before the age of accountability go directly to the Celestial kingdom,
Where is that stated? (I know, it's probably in the most obvious place, and I can even imagine where it is on the page, but my knowledge of D&C, especially that part pertaining to the after life, is exceptionally sparse.)

Absurd Minds gaming community
Old 09-04-2007, 11:26 AM
SoyLeche Offline
Religion: LDS
Title:meh...

Frubals: 614
SoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operationSoyLeche got busted for running a frubal fighting operation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFH View Post

Infants and children who die before the age of accountability go directly to the Celestial kingdom, but they will marry...
Refference? AFAIK they go to the Spirit world first - just like the rest of us.
Quote:
Where do you think they will marry, in paradise, in hell, no the Celestial kingdom of course, since that's where they are and we can't, obviously, marry them by proxy on earth, since we obviously don't know who their spouse is..
Hence, the Millenium.
Quote:
That's proof enough that some sort of marriage covenant is performed in the Celestial Kingdom so they can progress towards becoming a god....

Think about it...
I have thought about it. Maybe you are even right, but I don't think the evidence that we currently have supports your theory anywhere near as well as it supports the theory that marriages have to be performed before the Final Judgement.
Quote:
Jesus was no different than a little child, in the fact that he was innocent and did not sin and did not live under the same laws we live under, there not being the requirement of Celestial marriage then, there not being any temples as we know them today, in his time......
Whatever floats your boat.
When a man asks for proof we can be pretty sure that proof is the last thing in the world he really wants. His request is thrown out as a challenge, and the chances are that he has no intention of being shown up. - Hugh Nibbley
Old 09-04-2007, 11:27 AM
FFH Offline
Religion: see LDS.org Mormon.org
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1345058
FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!FFH says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocka21 View Post
Paul and Jesus had opportunity, and if it so important to get to the highest level, they would have done so.

I see where you are coming from FFH, but Man........ thats a lot of ifs, ands, and buts.........

being married to get to a higher level does not make sense. The KJV proves it. the only way around it is to MAKE the scripture FIT the doctrines of LDS. If you like going down " what if " rabbit trails, thats your right.

Even the LDS on this thread cannot agree on the topic ( for the most part).

I am sure they will have some official meeting and exempt Paul, Jesus, and whoever else does not FIT the Joe smith doctrine. O well.........
Paul and Jesus did not have the opportunity in this life to enter into the sacred new and everlasting covenant of marriage as now performed in holy LDS temples around the world as part of Jesus Christ's restored gospel..

No temples as we know them today, existed in Jesus Christ's or Paul's time, only Old Testament tabernacles/temples.

Therefore Paul and Christ were exempt from this requirement/eternal law while they were on earth.

Last edited by FFH; 09-04-2007 at 02:55 PM..