Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Hay85's Avatar
Hay85 Offline
Religion: Pelagian Catholicism
Title:Believer in Freewill
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sicily
Gender: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,933
Frubals: 109
Hay85 hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundHay85 hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundHay85 hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around
Default

Well, since I am a supporter of free will, I say this is impossible. It's not God who decides where you will "go" when you die. God doesn't punish nor awards, because he hasn't the power to do it.
We have free will not by God' concession, but because any creature is born with free will.

So the afterlife is determined by our free will, or better by our choices. When you die, all your memory is retained in your soul. That is, if your soul is full of hatred towards the others and full of evil actions you did, you will be remembering all the evil you did to others for eternity. You will be imprisoned in your own hatred.
That's what people improperly call Hell.

If your life has been full of love towards the others, you will be feeling that love forever.

I can't see how God can determine or decide our afterlife. It's impossible.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Bunyip's Avatar
Bunyip Offline
Religion: Not religious
Title:Intrepid Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Rural Australia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,683
Frubals: 173
Bunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_frankenstein View Post
I'm a Christian, not an ancient Israelite so it's rather stupid to quote the Mosaic Law to me.

Now, when it comes to the verses talking about sinful we all are, you need to acquaint yourself with a concept called repentance.
Jesus states specifically that he came to fulfill the old laws and not to change a word of them. Not necessary to call me stupid. You need to aquaint yourself with a concept called charm.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 PM
Lvcifer Invictvs's Avatar
Religion: Gnostic Luciferianism
Title:Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats! 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,339
Frubals: 796
Lvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes off
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
Jesus states specifically that he came to fulfill the old laws and not to change a word of them. Not necessary to call me stupid. You need to aquaint yourself with a concept called charm.
Yes, He came to fulfill the Law. In Christian belief, the Law was a precursor to Christ, meant to convict men of their sins and set apart the Israelites as a holy nation that prepares the way of the Lord. Christ was on a mission. His death was that mission. Through His death, all of humanity is invited to a new Covenant of Grace won by Jesus Christ.

Saying that you're doing something stupid is not the same as calling you stupid. Stop being so sensitive.
__________________
Our bodies are prisons for our souls. Our skin and blood, the iron bars of confinement. But fear not. All flesh decays. Death turns all to ash. And thus, death frees every soul.


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Bunyip's Avatar
Bunyip Offline
Religion: Not religious
Title:Intrepid Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Rural Australia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,683
Frubals: 173
Bunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_frankenstein View Post
Yes, He came to fulfill the Law. In Christian belief, the Law was a precursor to Christ, meant to convict men of their sins and set apart the Israelites as a holy nation that prepares the way of the Lord. Christ was on a mission. His death was that mission. Through His death, all of humanity is invited to a new Covenant of Grace won by Jesus Christ.

Saying that you're doing something stupid is not the same as calling you stupid. Stop being so sensitive.
I'm not sensitive buddy - you just tend to be unecessarily rude.

Jesus states specifically that the old laws still stand. The commandments were not invalidated by Jesus, they were confirmed.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Blackdog22's Avatar
Blackdog22 Offline
Religion: Baby Jesus only.
Title:Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Can't tell you.
Gender: Male
Posts: 990
Frubals: 60
Blackdog22 thinks frubals grow on treesBlackdog22 thinks frubals grow on trees
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay85 View Post
Well, since I am a supporter of free will, I say this is impossible. It's not God who decides where you will "go" when you die. God doesn't punish nor awards, because he hasn't the power to do it.
We have free will not by God' concession, but because any creature is born with free will.

So the afterlife is determined by our free will, or better by our choices. When you die, all your memory is retained in your soul. That is, if your soul is full of hatred towards the others and full of evil actions you did, you will be remembering all the evil you did to others for eternity. You will be imprisoned in your own hatred.
That's what people improperly call Hell.

If your life has been full of love towards the others, you will be feeling that love forever.

I can't see how God can determine or decide our afterlife. It's impossible.

Okay, I have no evidence for God and choose not to follow what he says for a number of great reasons that make sense to me personally. I also choose not to go to hell. The ball is now in Gods court, where do I go?
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:23 PM
Lvcifer Invictvs's Avatar
Religion: Gnostic Luciferianism
Title:Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats! 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,339
Frubals: 796
Lvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes off
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
I'm not sensitive buddy - you just tend to be unecessarily rude.
I didn't call you stupid, like I said. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop misconstruing my words.

Quote:
Jesus states specifically that the old laws still stand. The commandments were not invalidated by Jesus, they were confirmed.
No, He didn't say that. He said "fulfill".

ful·fill

verb \fu̇(l)-ˈfil also fə(l)-\ : to do what is required by (something, such as a promise or a contract)
: to succeed in doing or providing (something)
: to succeed in achieving (something) : to make (something, such as a dream) true or real



Jesus brought the Law to its perfection and fulness.

Why Jesus came to ‘complete the law’, not abolish it | CatholicHerald.co.uk
Catechism of the Catholic Church - Catholic Culture
__________________
Our bodies are prisons for our souls. Our skin and blood, the iron bars of confinement. But fear not. All flesh decays. Death turns all to ash. And thus, death frees every soul.


Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:26 PM
Hay85's Avatar
Hay85 Offline
Religion: Pelagian Catholicism
Title:Believer in Freewill
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sicily
Gender: Undisclosed
Posts: 2,933
Frubals: 109
Hay85 hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundHay85 hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundHay85 hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog22 View Post
Okay, I have no evidence for God and choose not to follow what he says for a number of great reasons that make sense to me personally. I also choose not to go to hell. The ball is now in Gods court, where do I go?
Well, how could I know? Only you can. You are supposed to read in your soul, and find out if there is love or hatred. You have to interrogate yourself about the sense of your life. If your soul is full of positive purposes, love toward the others, altruism, good deeds, it's almost impossible that you go to Hell.
Remember: in the afterlife we will be facing all the evil we did to others. If your conscience is clean, what are you afraid of?

In other words: when we die, we go inside our soul. If you can imagine your soul as a place, you can find out how your afterlife will be.

Last edited by Hay85; 06-30-2014 at 11:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 PM
Blackdog22's Avatar
Blackdog22 Offline
Religion: Baby Jesus only.
Title:Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Can't tell you.
Gender: Male
Posts: 990
Frubals: 60
Blackdog22 thinks frubals grow on treesBlackdog22 thinks frubals grow on trees
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay85 View Post
Well, how could I know? Only you can. You are supposed to read in your soul, and find out if there is love or hatred. You have to interrogate yourself about the sense of your life. If your soul is full of positive purposes, love toward the others, altruism, good deeds, it's almost impossible that you go to Hell.
Remember: in the afterlife we will be facing all the evil we did to others. If your conscience is clean, what are you afraid of?
I like this idea.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:29 PM
Lvcifer Invictvs's Avatar
Religion: Gnostic Luciferianism
Title:Et Ducit Mundum Per Luce
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats! 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,339
Frubals: 796
Lvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes offLvcifer Invictvs has no idea what to do in case the frubal alarm goes off
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hay85 View Post
Well, how could I know? Only you can. You are supposed to read in your soul, and find out if there is love or hatred. You have to interrogate yourself about the sense of your life. If your soul is full of positive purposes, love toward the others, altruism, good deeds, it's almost impossible that you go to Hell.
Remember: in the afterlife we will be facing all the evil we did to others. If your conscience is clean, what are you afraid of?
Can you please explain to me why you bother to say you're a Catholic when you strip God of His authority, throw out the need for Christ's sacrifice and our need for redemption? You have completely cut out the foundation of Catholicism.
__________________
Our bodies are prisons for our souls. Our skin and blood, the iron bars of confinement. But fear not. All flesh decays. Death turns all to ash. And thus, death frees every soul.


Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:35 PM
Bunyip's Avatar
Bunyip Offline
Religion: Not religious
Title:Intrepid Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Rural Australia
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,683
Frubals: 173
Bunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every timeBunyip falls for the old 'Pull my frubals' trick every time
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_frankenstein View Post
I didn't call you stupid, like I said. I'd appreciate it if you'd stop misconstruing my words.



No, He didn't say that. He said "fulfill".

ful·fill

verb \fu̇(l)-ˈfil also fə(l)-\ : to do what is required by (something, such as a promise or a contract)
: to succeed in doing or providing (something)
: to succeed in achieving (something) : to make (something, such as a dream) true or real



Jesus brought the Law to its perfection and fulness.

Why Jesus came to ‘complete the law’, not abolish it | CatholicHerald.co.uk
Catechism of the Catholic Church - Catholic Culture
Mathew 5:17 DO NOT THINK THAT I HAVE COME TO ABOLISH THE LAW

That Jesus fulfills the old laws, does not mean that the command,ents no longer apply. Jesus states specifically that he does not abolish the old laws.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:42 AM.


Copyright © ReligiousForums.com

SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.