Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Terrywoodenpic Offline
Religion: Anglican-heretic
Title:Oldest Heretic
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved.  Congrats. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 1169
Terrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals
Terrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, with respect to the ones who knock on your door when you're trying to eat, you're in luck: The LDS Church recently announced that missionaries are going to be doing a lot less door-to-door proselytizing from now on and are going to be finding potential converts via the internet, etc. instead.
That I find a surprise... but things move on.....
Old 07-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Breathe Offline
Title:Taking a break, again.
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your exceptional and original contributions to the forum Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts!! Congrats Carl!! 

Frubals: 1630
Breathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on Earth
Breathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on Earth

Quote:
Actually, with respect to the ones who knock on your door when you're trying to eat, you're in luck: The LDS Church recently announced that missionaries are going to be doing a lot less door-to-door proselytizing from now on and are going to be finding potential converts via the internet, etc. instead.
Any reason why?

Will door-to-door/travelling still continue?
Old 07-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Katzpur Offline
Religion: Latter-day Saint
Title:Not your average Mormon
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 2667
Katzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacle
Katzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odion View Post
Any reason why?

Will door-to-door/travelling still continue?
They'll probably continue to do door-to-door proselytizing in some areas and under certain circumstances. This article more or less explains the new policy. Knocking on doors has long been recognized as perhaps the least effective way there is to find potential converts, and the Church is becoming well-enough known that in many parts of the world, the missionaries don't have to look that far for people who are interested in learning about it. Most converts these days are the result of referrals from members of the Church whose friends have expressed an interest in learning more.

Last edited by Katzpur; 07-20-2013 at 04:40 PM..
Old 07-20-2013, 04:38 PM
I.S.L.A.M617 Offline
Religion: Atheist/Autotheist
Title:Illuminatus

Frubals: 177
I.S.L.A.M617 is filling up landfills everywhere with frubalsI.S.L.A.M617 is filling up landfills everywhere with frubalsI.S.L.A.M617 is filling up landfills everywhere with frubalsI.S.L.A.M617 is filling up landfills everywhere with frubals

Quote:
That's wonderful news. Now if you could just get the Jehovah's Witnesses to hop on board...
Old 07-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Katzpur Offline
Religion: Latter-day Saint
Title:Not your average Mormon
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 2667
Katzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacle
Katzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacleKatzpur is a frubal receptacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.S.L.A.M617 View Post
That's wonderful news. Now if you could just get the Jehovah's Witnesses to hop on board...
What do you mean? They're the enemy, after all. We want you to like us better than you do them.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:50 PM
I.S.L.A.M617 Offline

I.S.L.A.M617 is filling up landfills everywhere with frubalsI.S.L.A.M617 is filling up landfills everywhere with frubalsI.S.L.A.M617 is filling up landfills everywhere with frubalsI.S.L.A.M617 is filling up landfills everywhere with frubals

Quote:
What do you mean? They're the enemy, after all. We want you to like us better than you do them.
That's already a given. My mother's father's side of the family are pretty much all Jehovah's Witnesses. I can't go to visit without one of them trying to "save" me. I love my family and all but it's maddening.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:58 PM
AmbiguousGuy Offline
Religion: Me & God
Title:Respected Member

Frubals: 236
AmbiguousGuy likes to be fruballed from behindAmbiguousGuy likes to be fruballed from behindAmbiguousGuy likes to be fruballed from behindAmbiguousGuy likes to be fruballed from behindAmbiguousGuy likes to be fruballed from behind

Quote:
I can't go to visit without one of them trying to "save" me. I love my family and all but it's maddening.
Be happy for the entertainment. No one ever tries to convert me anymore.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM
Philomath Offline
Title:Sadhaka

Frubals: 110
Philomath will work for frubalsPhilomath will work for frubalsPhilomath will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monk Of Reason View Post
Lol. I dunno.
Poor Baha'i's their always forgotten about
Old 07-20-2013, 07:06 PM
I.S.L.A.M617 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philomath View Post
Poor Baha'i's their always forgotten about
I've never actually met a Baha'i. Is there an area where there's a large concentration of them in the US?
Old 07-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Philomath Offline
Title:Sadhaka

Frubals: 110
Philomath will work for frubalsPhilomath will work for frubalsPhilomath will work for frubals

Quote:
I've never actually met a Baha'i. Is there an area where there's a large concentration of them in the US?
I'm not sure I've never met one either lol.