Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 04:26 AM
Pegg Offline
Religion: Jehovah's Witness
Title:Hallowed Member
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For contributing 10,000 posts! 

Frubals: 351
Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0uad View Post
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Didn't Jesus(pbuh) came from a womb ? Remember the resurrection didn't occur yet according the story so how did Jesus(pbuh) come from heaven as the verse states?
Jesus was originally an angel in heaven. Thats why he said that he had come down from heaven.

His life was transfered to the womb of Mary so that he would not be tainted by the sin of mankind. So he is not a son of Adam, but one of the Sons of God as mentioned in the scriptures.... the Sons of God refer to the Angels in heaven. This is why he is also called the 'son of God'

One of his statements which aroused the anger of the jews was
John 8:56 Abraham YOUR father rejoiced greatly in the prospect of seeing my day, and he saw it and rejoiced.” 57 Therefore the Jews said to him: “You are not yet fifty years old, and still you have seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU, Before Abraham came into existence, I have been.” 59 Therefore they picked up stones to hurl [them] at him; but Jesus hid and went out of the temple.
Here he is speaking of his life before becoming human. To the jews, that was crazy talk because he stood before them as a man... but the reality is that he had no human father for his life did not originate with mankind....it originated in heaven with God.

Last edited by Pegg; 03-05-2013 at 04:32 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 05:18 AM
chinu Offline
Religion: Stoic
Title:Chinu.

Frubals: 401
chinu was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personchinu was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personchinu was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personchinu was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personchinu was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personchinu was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personchinu was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in person

Quote:
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.

Didn't Jesus(pbuh) came from a womb ? Remember the resurrection didn't occur yet according the story so how did Jesus(pbuh) come from heaven as the verse states?
Yes, jesus came from a womb, infact we all came from a womb, But.. jesus came from a womb in a connection with "Word" to which we all are not.

What is this "Word" ?
This "Word" is a connection between God and humanbody, this "Word" (Divine Sound) is inside all of us but we all are disconnected from it.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:22 AM
savagewind Offline
Religion: I believe Yehoshua
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats! And sorry this took so long. 

Frubals: 312
savagewind is a compulsive frubal lickersavagewind is a compulsive frubal lickersavagewind is a compulsive frubal lickersavagewind is a compulsive frubal lickersavagewind is a compulsive frubal lickersavagewind is a compulsive frubal licker

Quote:
Jesus was originally an angel in heaven. Thats why he said that he had come down from heaven
It might be wrong to call 'Jesus' an "angel". Because The Word WHO became Jehoshua was present before any of the angels so it is more accurate to view The Word as a parent of angels and men. A parent and a child are not the same person so how can the one from whom something is born be considered the same as something that is born?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM
F0uad Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 144
F0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceF0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceF0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

So Jesus(pbuh) is god, an angel and man?
Old 03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
sojourner Offline
Religion: Celtic Christian
Title:Shameless Frubal Hound
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award was given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason: This award had been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1558
sojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each post
sojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each postsojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each postsojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each postsojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each postsojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each postsojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each postsojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each postsojourner is trying to figure out a way to charge you a frubal fee for each post

Quote:

Since Jesus is God Incarnate, God (who was thought to be in heaven) became Incarnate (by being born from a womb).
Old 03-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Religion: Baha'i
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 70
InvestigateTruth is a Frubal WhoreInvestigateTruth is a Frubal Whore

Quote:

That's because the divine Messengers are like a Mirror Reflecting the divine Reality.

And, Heaven is not a physical place. It is a spritual reality.
So, yes, His physical body was born, but His Spiritual Reality was Heavenly, reflecting the Divine Attributes. So, He said He came from Heaven.
He actually also said, He is in heaven, when at that time He was on earth.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:39 PM
Pegg Offline
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For contributing 10,000 posts! 

Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.Pegg finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.

Quote:
So Jesus(pbuh) is god, an angel and man?
Some say he is God.... but that is impossible for him to be God Almighty.
And the scriptures do not call him God Almighty EVER. They say he is a god in the sense that he is from heaven....he was a divine being (just as angels are divine beings) before he was sent to the womb of Mary to be born as a human.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Horrorble Offline
Religion: No Religion
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 159
Horrorble thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsHorrorble thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsHorrorble thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsHorrorble thinks of frubals as mere sex objects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegg View Post
Some say he is God.... but that is impossible for him to be God Almighty.
And the scriptures do not call him God Almighty EVER. They say he is a god in the sense that he is from heaven....he was a divine being (just as angels are divine beings) before he was sent to the womb of Mary to be born as a human.
Do the Jewish scriptures ever directly describe Jesus' pre-human existence as the first created son of God?
"The worst immorality is to use one's strength to dominate or control. The worst immorality is to surrender the essence of oneself for love or money. The worst immorality is to believe in nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing. - Andrea Dworkin
Old 03-05-2013, 02:02 PM
Pegg Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrorble View Post
Do the Jewish scriptures ever directly describe Jesus' pre-human existence as the first created son of God?
we believe this passage does, yes....

Proverbs 8:22 Jehovah himself produced me as the beginning of his way, the earliest of his achievements of long ago. 23 From time indefinite I was installed, from the start, from times earlier than the earth. 24 When there were no watery deeps I was brought forth as with labor pains, when there were no springs heavily charged with water. 25 Before the mountains themselves had been settled down, ahead of the hills, I was brought forth as with labor pains, 26 when as yet he had not made the earth and the open spaces and the first part of the dust masses of the productive land. 27 When he prepared the heavens I was there; when he decreed a circle upon the face of the watery deep, 28 when he made firm the cloud masses above, when he caused the fountains of the watery deep to be strong, 29 when he set for the sea his decree that the waters themselves should not pass beyond his order, when he decreed the foundations of the earth, 30 then I came to be beside him as a master worker, and I came to be the one he was specially fond of day by day, I being glad before him all the time, 31 being glad at the productive land of his earth, and the things I was fond of were with the sons of men. 32 “And now, O sons, listen to me; yes, happy are the ones that keep my very ways. 33 Listen to discipline and become wise, and do not show any neglect. 34 Happy is the man that is listening to me by keeping awake at my doors day by day, by watching at the posts of my entrances. 35 For the one finding me will certainly find life, and gets goodwill from Jehovah.

Jesus is said by John to be 'with God in the beginning' JOhn 1:1 "in the beginning was the word and word was with God..."

Some believe this verse refers to Gods wisdom.... however, Gods wisdom is not something he created because that would mean that he did not always have wisdom. So this verse is about an 'individual' who is the 'expression' of Gods wisdom in creation. That first display of Gods wisdom was the creation of an intelligent heavenly being.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
Horrorble Offline
Religion: No Religion
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 159
Horrorble thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsHorrorble thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsHorrorble thinks of frubals as mere sex objectsHorrorble thinks of frubals as mere sex objects

The verses before talk about Gods wisdom "I help kings to govern" "princes use me to lead" the verses are personifiying wisdom so it does make sense that wisdom says "I was created." How would kings and princes use Jesus before he supposedly came to earth? If its talking about Jesus.
"The worst immorality is to use one's strength to dominate or control. The worst immorality is to surrender the essence of oneself for love or money. The worst immorality is to believe in nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing. - Andrea Dworkin