Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Iti oj Offline
Religion: lucifer of love &chaos
Title:Skwim's hero

Frubals: 502
Iti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly button
Default inclusive vs. exclusive

Ok so for sake of debate let's assume god and/or gods are true snd that a religion, some religions or all religions are true. Debate rules if you arguing for a one true religion do so with out scripture. Ill except scripture for an inclusive argument.

This is to prevent a my good my book vs. Your god and book.
please respect this i want an enjoyable thread with out bickering and flaming.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:15 PM
George-ananda Offline
Religion: Advaita Vedanta
Title:Theist

Frubals: 304
George-ananda brags that these frubals cause less gas than regular onesGeorge-ananda brags that these frubals cause less gas than regular onesGeorge-ananda brags that these frubals cause less gas than regular onesGeorge-ananda brags that these frubals cause less gas than regular onesGeorge-ananda brags that these frubals cause less gas than regular onesGeorge-ananda brags that these frubals cause less gas than regular ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iti oj View Post
Ok so for sake of debate let's assume god and/or gods are true snd that a religion, some religions or all religions are true. Debate rules if you arguing for a one true religion do so with out scripture. Ill except scripture for an inclusive argument.

This is to prevent a my good my book vs. Your god and book.
please respect this i want an enjoyable thread with out bickering and flaming.
I am definately an inclusivist. Your life is judged by the quality of your heart and not your position on philosophical and religious questions. An atheist with a good heart is better than a believer with a shallow heart and petty hatreds.

There are a flock of problems with any exclusivist position I've ever seen.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:54 PM
Twig pentagram Offline
Religion: Knowledge Of Self
Title:High Priest

Frubals: 104
Twig pentagram added a shed out back to store more frubalsTwig pentagram added a shed out back to store more frubalsTwig pentagram added a shed out back to store more frubals

I'm thinking inclusive.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Thorbjorn Offline
Religion: Ásatrú
Title:friđr
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For contributing 10,000 posts! 

Frubals: 781
Thorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fireThorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fireThorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fireThorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fireThorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fireThorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fireThorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fireThorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fireThorbjorn categorically denies any involvement in setting your frubals on fire

Inclusive.

Bhagavad Gita 4.11. "O Partha! Whosoever worship Me through whatsoever path, I verily accept and bless them in that way. Men everywhere follow My path."
And let thine enemies know fear this day!

Ţórr vigi - May Thor protect.

Formerly Known As Jainarayan.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Shuddhasattva Offline
Religion: Sanatana Dharma
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 293
Shuddhasattva would give your right arm for more frubalsShuddhasattva would give your right arm for more frubalsShuddhasattva would give your right arm for more frubalsShuddhasattva would give your right arm for more frubalsShuddhasattva would give your right arm for more frubals

Here's how I see it:

The eternal truth is currently (and has been) beyond human expression. At various times and places, those who have gained some acquaintance with the Truth attempt to convey it to others. The results are cults (in the academic sense) which sometimes expand into sufficient popularity (through a variety of means - which often change the original message greatly) to establish themselves as religions.

By nature, any message, any system, must contain some truth. Even random words - even random letters, by their nature, contain some truth-value; some meaning. Lies are disarranged truths; there is no lie without first having the real which is deformed out of accurate representation.

So, all religions contain some truth, the question is degrees and usefulness. Some religions are much, much, much truer, and much more useful, than others. Usefulness is both objective and subjective - leaning towards subjective, and truth is likewise, leaning towards objective.

Some truths are, by their nature, beyond objective referents, they rely on resonance with the perceiver. Utility is much more highly subjective. What's useful to me may not be useful to you.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:55 PM
Iti oj Offline

Iti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly buttonIti oj often ponders whether or not the first frubal had a belly button

Still it work so short post is, any one disagree and see it as exclusive?
Old 08-28-2012, 08:19 PM
The Sum of Awe Online!
Religion: Stoicism (Esoteric)
Title:Realitarian
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

Frubals: 751
The Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked out

I think there's one reality, and only one religion (a theory of everything) can be right, but philosophical patterns in which rides on to a better life is entirely inclusive.

So I'm exclusive to other gods but inclusive to other philosophies if that makes sense.

"I needn't explain my beliefs, they're all around me."
"What helps you sleep at night, might not let you wake up."
"At death, there is no "return to God," for we never stop being of him."
The Sum of Awe
Old 08-28-2012, 09:00 PM
Iti oj Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sum of Awe View Post
I think there's one reality, and only one religion (a theory of everything) can be right, but philosophical patterns in which rides on to a better life is entirely inclusive.

So I'm exclusive to other gods but inclusive to other philosophies if that makes sense.
their is only one god to worship but many ways to worship him/her/it/me?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 PM
The Sum of Awe Online!
Religion: Stoicism (Esoteric)
Title:Realitarian
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

Frubals: 751
The Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked outThe Sum of Awe had to use emergency backup frubals when the primary frubals conked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iti oj View Post
their is only one god to worship but many ways to worship him/her/it/me?
That depends on which god is real, not sure if my theology is the right or not, but if the Christian's were real then it probably wouldn't be.

"I needn't explain my beliefs, they're all around me."
"What helps you sleep at night, might not let you wake up."
"At death, there is no "return to God," for we never stop being of him."
The Sum of Awe
Old 08-28-2012, 09:11 PM
Iti oj Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sum of Awe View Post
That depends on which god is real, not sure if my theology is the right or not, but if the Christian's were real then it probably wouldn't be.
how so i never saw a reason why the bible was for all people. its for Christians. not all humans. the koran however...