Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 AM
Quiddity Offline
Religion: Catholic
Title:UndertheInfluenceofGiants
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: 10000 posts 

Frubals: 1244
Quiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collection
Quiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionQuiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionQuiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionQuiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionQuiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collection

He was on record for being ok for people of faith to pray for him. As long as it meant praying for his recovery and not his conversion.

Although, I'm not entirely sure if that included praying for his soul.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:58 AM
waitasec Offline
Religion: irrelevantist
Title:BANNED
Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 20,000 Posts 

Frubals: 489
waitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiddity View Post
He was on record for being ok for people of faith to pray for him. As long as it meant praying for his recovery and not his conversion.

Although, I'm not entirely sure if that included praying for his soul.
i don't think he believed in a soul in the same sense as you do.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Quiddity Offline
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: 10000 posts 

Quiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collection
Quiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionQuiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionQuiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionQuiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collectionQuiddity bores visitors with stories and photographs of this vast frubal collection

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitasec View Post
i don't think he believed in a soul in the same sense as you do.
1. You don't know what I believe........you just think you do.

2. I'm almost POSITIVE he didn't believe in a soul (if at all) in any way similar to mine.

My only point was IF he were to entertain the existance of a soul, I'm not sure he'd see that as "conversion" per se.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:10 AM
waitasec Offline
Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 20,000 Posts 

waitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotwaitasec is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lot

Quote:
My only point was IF he were to entertain the existance of a soul, I'm not sure he'd see that as "conversion" per se.
that's not what you said...
Old 12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Quiddity Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by waitasec View Post
that's not what you said...
Had you asked for clarification, I would have told you that's what I meant.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 AM
waitasec Offline

Quote:
Had you asked for clarification, I would have told you that's what I meant.
ha ha...
Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Apex Online!
Religion: LDS
Title:Somewhere Around Nothing

Frubals: 400
Apex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonic View Post
When Christopher Hitches died, his book God is not Great was trending on twitter, so a bunch of Christians threatened to kill the people that were making it trend, and kill people at Twitter for allowing it. So twitter banned it from the trend list.

Ironically, it proved the premise of his book right.
Shutup, Twitter Isn't Censoring Your Dumb Trends

Old 12-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Photonic Offline
Religion: Scientific Pantheist
Title:Ad astra!

Frubals: 103
Photonic added a shed out back to store more frubalsPhotonic added a shed out back to store more frubalsPhotonic added a shed out back to store more frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
I counter with; 25 Ridiculous Reactions To #GodIsNotGreat.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:08 PM
Apex Online!
Religion: LDS
Title:Somewhere Around Nothing

Frubals: 400
Apex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in personApex was a bit surprised to find out that frubals look a LOT smaller in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonic View Post
And?

You made a claim that the trend was banned due to Christians complaining. I posted an article showing you were wrong. The reactions to #GodIsNotGreat are completely meaningless to this.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Photonic Offline
Religion: Scientific Pantheist
Title:Ad astra!

Frubals: 103
Photonic added a shed out back to store more frubalsPhotonic added a shed out back to store more frubalsPhotonic added a shed out back to store more frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
And?

You made a claim that the trend was banned due to Christians complaining. I posted an article showing you were wrong. The reactions to #GodIsNotGreat are completely meaningless to this.
You can try to cover their rear ends all you want.

Twitter admits editing offensive Trending Topics, plans more

Truth sucks, huh.