Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 02:24 PM
MW0082 Offline
Religion: Energy is GOD
Title:Jesus 4 Profit.... =)~

Frubals: 24
MW0082 invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy
Default Jesus Story IS NOT Original.....

There ya go, after my own research with previous prophets I have come to the conclusion that jesus must be plagiarized..... Make that baseless....
Old 09-23-2010, 02:26 PM
fallingblood Offline
Religion: Christian
Title:Agnostic Theist
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 449
fallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth open

As it stands, this is a baseless claim. You've provided not a single thread of evidence. I can say that the story of Augustus is not original, and as it stands, have just as much evidence proving my point.

Maybe you want to present some of that research. It would probably help you quite a bit.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:30 PM
MW0082 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingblood View Post
As it stands, this is a baseless claim. You've provided not a single thread of evidence. I can say that the story of Augustus is not original, and as it stands, have just as much evidence proving my point.

Maybe you want to present some of that research. It would probably help you quite a bit.
I am honestly starting to believe you simply have nothing better to do....

Krishna
Buddha
Horus
Zoroaster
Mithras
Attis

there are 7, yes 7 alone that have eerily similar stories as Jesus Christ...... LOL
Old 09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
fallingblood Offline
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  

fallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth openfallingblood gets a little nauseated when you chew your frubals with your mouth open

Daniel
Mary
Paul
David
Edgar
Zach

Does that prove anything? Listing names do not prove anything unless you can show why they are "eerily similar" to Jesus. As in posting why they are similar and, ideally, posting sources that back up your claim.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:42 PM
MW0082 Offline

Did Jesus Christ Really Live?

Enjoy
Old 09-23-2010, 02:56 PM
fallingblood Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW0082 View Post
You are aware it was written in 1922? Just a little outdated. There has been a plethora of research done since then. So I won't go into much detail rebutting your resource. Especially since the author is only arguing that the Christ of the Gospels is mythical, but that there may have been a Jewish man named Jesus during the first century who had a following like Jesus, met a violent death, and did the good. So basically, there may have been a person who was the base of the later exaggerations. Exactly what I was saying.

Also, I say nothing about those other individuals you claim were the background of Jesus. I don't think you really read the source very well. Also, again, it is over 80 years old. We have done a lot of research since then.

Maybe you would like to read The Quest for the Historical Jesus. A classic on the subject, by a man who actually shows why the majority of what was posted in that article is wrong.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
MW0082 Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingblood View Post
You are aware it was written in 1922? Just a little outdated. There has been a plethora of research done since then. So I won't go into much detail rebutting your resource. Especially since the author is only arguing that the Christ of the Gospels is mythical, but that there may have been a Jewish man named Jesus during the first century who had a following like Jesus, met a violent death, and did the good. So basically, there may have been a person who was the base of the later exaggerations. Exactly what I was saying.

Also, I say nothing about those other individuals you claim were the background of Jesus. I don't think you really read the source very well. Also, again, it is over 80 years old. We have done a lot of research since then.

Maybe you would like to read The Quest for the Historical Jesus. A classic on the subject, by a man who actually shows why the majority of what was posted in that article is wrong.
No you want to say it is wrong bc you want to be right. You have given nothing that can confirm anything about Jesus Christ. Your information is vague and sketchy at best.......
Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
Title:Pater Familias
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3496
angellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better place
angellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better placeangellous_evangellous won the beauty contest with a speech about spreading frubals to make the world a better place

To answer the OP: DUH
Old 09-23-2010, 04:36 PM
fallingblood Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW0082 View Post
No you want to say it is wrong bc you want to be right. You have given nothing that can confirm anything about Jesus Christ. Your information is vague and sketchy at best.......
This thread is not about me proving anything about Jesus. It is about you showing that the life of Jesus is not original and is plagiarized. That is why you started the thread. Thus again, I have no reason to prove that Jesus existed, especially when it is a generally accepted fact.

Also, I never stated it was wrong. I stated:
One, that your source is grossly outdated.
Two, the author accepts the possibility that Jesus actually existed, but was exaggerated quite a bit and thus the Gospel account is mythological.
Three, that I saw nothing about similarities between Jesus and the 7 figures your listed.
And four, that you may want to read The Quest for the Historical Jesus which actually provides a rebuttal to pretty much everything your source stated.

Please, instead of trying to dismiss what I said outright and trying to switch the focus of this topic, you may actually want to read what I stated carefully and then offer a rebuttal. That would probably be more effective.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Willamena Offline
Religion: Just Me
Title:Just be there, doing that
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This creative thread award is given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your work on the chat system Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions over the years. Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Patty!! SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of the Enigma: For being absolutely puzzling and mysterious to all your peers. - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3187
Willamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patch
Willamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patch

Reference transmission of myth over time and across cultures.

Amazon.com: Hamlet's Mill: An Essay Investigating the Origins of Human Knowledge And Its Transmission Through Myth (9780879232153): Giorgio de Santillana, Hertha von Dechen: Gateway