Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Religious Topics / Religious Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Ordeet Offline
Religion: Hinduism/Secularism
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 2360273
Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Default Why do Christians and Muslims hate the Jews?

I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews? I for one have a lot of Jewish friends, and I find Jewish people to be the most kind, honest, and friendly people on earth.

Its not Jews fault that Jesus or Mohammed started spreading their own own religions.

So why are Jews being targetted? Jews never forced their religion upon anyone. They've never gone on crusades to kill all those who didn't convert as Christians and Muslims do, and for most of the history of the world, they kept to themselves and didn't really bother anyone. Yet they've been persecuted, tortured, and maligned. The Christians accuse them of deicide and the Muslims call them pigs and dogs. Any reason for that?

And let's have a nice, honest, and open debate, not the "we respect the Jews" or "people of the book" rhetoric that makes you shy away from the topic as oppose to dealing with it.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:00 PM
xkatz Online!
Religion: Judaism
Title:Nefesh Yehudi

Frubals: 423
xkatz experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledxkatz experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledxkatz experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledxkatz experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledxkatz experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledxkatz experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledxkatz experimented with frubals in college but never inhaled

There is a lot of history and politics behind the tensions between Jews and adherents of the other major Abrahamic faiths. For Christianity, many Jewish people refuse to accept Jesus as their messiah; additionally, Judaism and the prominent trinitarian beliefs (in most Christian denominations) are incompatible. As for Islam, there has always been some animosity, the Jewish tribes of Arabia, wared against Muhammad and his followers shortly after the religion was founded; although, I am not sure about this being fact, as I have not looked into this a whole lot. Also, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has created a lot of tension between once peaceful peoples and contributes to a lot anger towards Jewish people, which is unfortunate IMO, because Israel does not stand for every Jewish person, like Iran or Saudi Arabia does not stand for every Muslim. And to make things worse, anti-Semitism is extremely rampant
Old 07-02-2010, 11:06 PM
xxclaro Offline
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 19
xxclaro gives frubals to the homeless

Well, I think that the situation in the middle east is one of the reasons. The fact that Israel is the lone Jewish country surrounded by Muslims makes them an obvious target. I don't know that other people really hate Jews though. Personally I don't know any Jews that I'm aware of,though truth be told I don't think I'd know one to see one unless they were the Ultra Orthodox tyope with the little ringlets in their hair and little hats.]
Also, the Jews have been quite successful for quite some time, often seeming to do better than their fellow countrymen. This often breeds jealousy,which in time leads to hatred. I don't know if any of the Jewish stereotypes of greed, cheating and love of money is true, but I see no reason why it would be more true for them than for any other people.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:08 PM
dogsgod Offline
Religion: neutral
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 7579850
dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

The Jews killed Christ according to ancient mythology, that would explain why some Christians hate Jews.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Peacewise Offline
Religion: eclectic
Title:Junior Member

Frubals: 115
Peacewise sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.Peacewise sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.Peacewise sleeps on a big pile of frubals.  This is how some of them end up with drool stains.

Seems to me that others some christians might hate the jews because the jews are gods chosen people, and that probably irks the type of people who fall into hatred easily.

Whilst the arabs who hate the jews do so because the jews are in israel and are too tough to dislodge and have the support to remain.

Me personally I'm cool with them, live and let live.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Cordoba Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Awesome Member
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. 

Frubals: 451
Cordoba was caught skipping Frubals Anonymous meetingsCordoba was caught skipping Frubals Anonymous meetingsCordoba was caught skipping Frubals Anonymous meetingsCordoba was caught skipping Frubals Anonymous meetingsCordoba was caught skipping Frubals Anonymous meetingsCordoba was caught skipping Frubals Anonymous meetingsCordoba was caught skipping Frubals Anonymous meetings

Muslims don't hate Jews

Who said we did?

We worship the same God, and all Jewish prophets mentioned in the Qur'an are highly respected and loved by Muslims

Do you know that we mention the name of Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him, in all our five daily prayers, like we mention Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him?

My Blog

Islam-Guide
Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Ordeet Offline
Religion: Hinduism/Secularism
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 2360273
Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!Ordeet says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkatz View Post
There is a lot of history and politics behind the tensions between Jews and adherents of the other major Abrahamic faiths. For Christianity, many Jewish people refuse to accept Jesus as their messiah; additionally, Judaism and the prominent trinitarian beliefs (in most Christian denominations) are incompatible. As for Islam, there has always been some animosity, the Jewish tribes of Arabia, wared against Muhammad and his followers shortly after the religion was founded; although, I am not sure about this being fact, as I have not looked into this a whole lot. Also, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict has created a lot of tension between once peaceful peoples and contributes to a lot anger towards Jewish people, which is unfortunate IMO, because Israel does not stand for every Jewish person, like Iran or Saudi Arabia does not stand for every Muslim. And to make things worse, anti-Semitism is extremely rampant
I don't believe religion can be the only reason behind it though. India has been home to Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Ayyavazhi and Sikhism. Traditionally the majority Hindus due to the doctrine of non-violence have lived in peace with their neighbors, even Muslims, despite the fact that Muslims call us "polytheists" and according the Quran Polytheists should be killed.

Quote:
Muslims don't hate Jews

Who said we did?
You guys did. Well maybe you don't say "we hate Jews" but you guys sure act like it. I mean when you folks go around carrying signs that say "God Bless Hitler", or when a Muslim president denies the Holocaust - I'd say that's pretty hateful right there.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 AM
dogsgod Offline
Religion: neutral
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 7579850
dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!
dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!dogsgod says HEY wake up the administrator!  We ran out of silly comments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacewise View Post
Seems to me that others some christians might hate the jews because the jews are gods chosen people, and that probably irks the type of people who fall into hatred easily.
That brings up another point. It's a good motivator to suggest that you are one of God's chosen people, it makes you feel good about yourself, but how does this make one think about others, those not chosen by God? Could this be why some Jews refer to Muslims as dogs and have no qualms about taking their land?
Old 07-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Rainbow Mage Offline
Religion: Agn. Atheist/Buddhist
Title:Dharma Learner
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats! 

Frubals: 788
Rainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsRainbow Mage was overcome by the smell of rotting frubals

Ordeet not all Muslims or Christians hate Jews. You know what I find funny though? You're not even a Jew, this doesn't concern you, so why bring it up?
Old 07-03-2010, 12:43 AM
Thesavorofpan Offline
Religion: Passive Christian
Title:Is not going to save you.

Frubals: 27
Thesavorofpan is the leader of a covert group of mutant frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordeet View Post
I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews? I for one have a lot of Jewish friends, and I find Jewish people to be the most kind, honest, and friendly people on earth.

Its not Jews fault that Jesus or Mohammed started spreading their own own religions.

So why are Jews being targetted? Jews never forced their religion upon anyone. They've never gone on crusades to kill all those who didn't convert as Christians and Muslims do, and for most of the history of the world, they kept to themselves and didn't really bother anyone. Yet they've been persecuted, tortured, and maligned. The Christians accuse them of deicide and the Muslims call them pigs and dogs. Any reason for that?

And let's have a nice, honest, and open debate, not the "we respect the Jews" or "people of the book" rhetoric that makes you shy away from the topic as oppose to dealing with it.
The Majority of Christanity today doesn't persecute Jews anymore. Christanity in its doctrine does not promote persuction of Jews, but instead its is cause by people with racial fears etc of Jews. The real reason for the Crusade was to gain riches from that area not to spread Christianity thought the Cathlic church at that time used christanity as their propaganda to gain armies for their war.