Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2006, 11:42 AM
cardero Offline
Religion: Patrickism
Title:Citizen Mod
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1724
cardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers
cardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlerscardero loves pulling the 'got your frubals!' trick on toddlers

Faith in religion or faith in the government, I do not see a difference.

Old 02-12-2006, 06:01 PM
greatcalgarian Offline
Title:Esteemed Member

Frubals: 197
greatcalgarian is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorrygreatcalgarian is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorrygreatcalgarian is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorrygreatcalgarian is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmirGF
GreatCalgarian,

There is little to be gained by this kind of speculation. Ultimately, if the story is true, the brilliant perpetrators would have long since covered their tracks. Therefore it is unlikely that anything can really be proven. So, what? Do the Americans setup yet another commision to look into these charges? What if they meticulously research each point and arrive at the same conclusions that they already have? Would you be satisfied? Would you cry "RIGGED!"

The sad reality, my friend, is that this is meaningless hyperbole promulgated by a disenfranchaised few, who are never content with any explanation given to them.

I was the one responsible for killing the other thread. Yep, I got Kenny killed. No doubt you have theories on that too. I have since reevaluated my feelings though and have concluded that the best way to deal with this is to let you say your piece. You have every right to think what you must. It is my deep suspicion, that if folks read what you are saying you will succeed in winning a few converts, but I suspect that most folks will understand this line of thought, for what it is.

I sincerely hope it all works for you.

Kindly,
YmirGF
I did not start the other thread, neither did I start this thread. I am not saying the other conspiracy theories are the correct representation of the actual event happening in that way. It is just my curiousity to see how those arguements are analyzed in a scientific way, to prove or disprove those theories. Exactly like the case of Evolution and Creationism. To me, the current conspiracy theories have more substance and similar to evolution, whereas the Government's commission report is like creationism. That is my opinion currently because I do not get enough scientific and logical presentation from the US government on the 9/11.

You can kill this thread as well. As far as I am concern, so long as this RF claims 'freedom of Speech', as one poster claim US has and Canada did not have, I am perfectly happy to live with that, as I do not believe that there is actually such thing as 'Freedom of Speech' any where in this world including US.

If the reason for killing any discussion on 9/11 is better for the future of mankind, go ahead and kill them. And if we can all wiped clean the memory of this horrid event, so much the better. However, the truth might be worse than the lie, as far as I can see it currently.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:12 PM
greatcalgarian Offline

greatcalgarian is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorrygreatcalgarian is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorrygreatcalgarian is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorrygreatcalgarian is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlue
I believe it's very likely that the Bush regime is lying to us about some aspect of what happened on 9/11, if only because it's always pretty likely the government is lying to us, and this bunch is even worse than average.

Some aspects of the official story seem a little off to me; for instance, I watched a program about the collapse of WTC-7, and what the experts were saying was basically, "Yeah, we were surprised, too. Maybe debris from the towers knocked the fireproofing off the steel in WTC-7 or something." And I'm sitting there, a non-expert, thinking "What the hell?"

The thing is, maybe that's a perfectly reasonable explanation, maybe it's not, but there's no way for the general public to judge.

They did address the issue of some of the debris being removed before a proper investigation was done, and how this was a necessary part of the rescue effort -- people were still alive in the debris of the towers. They also noted that it had been decided to allow WTC-7 to burn out of control all day, since it had already been evacuated, and it was considered (rightly, I think we'd all agree) more important to concentrate on rescue efforts.

By itself, the collapse of WTC-7 doesn't seem all that sinister. But you start putting all the mysteries and just plain weird stuff about 9/11 together, and it starts to seem like there is a lot the government isn't telling us.

My best guess is, in some cases the government doesn't know the answers, and in other cases they know but prefer not to share the information with us. I don't think it's at all likely that they planned the attacks. I do think it's almost certain they're withholding information from us. They always do.
This is the most sensible response on this thread. Frubals to you.

Let the US Government says that, and I am perfectly happy with that. Withholding information because revealing those informations may cause a pandamic may be the actual case. Just admit that there were lots of things up till today that the Government is still not clear on how 9/11 could have happened, admit that the other side somehow infiltrated into the US intelligent network, (for example, my speculation is that the pepetrators must have known that the military is having a practice run on sept 11, and hence planned for the attack on that day, where the actual event will be confused up with the one supposedly to be a drill), then there will not be any more conspiracy theories.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:15 PM
greatcalgarian Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyorni
Solve's points cannot be logically countered by ad hominum attacks, and dismissing disturbing ideas out-of-hand as ridiculous is plain ostrich-ism and courts disaster. Likewise, blind trust in the motivations and morality of a nation's leadership historically leads to wars and abuses.

It is the nature of government to grow, to arrogate power and capital and to extend influence. Given free reign government becomes oppressive and parasitic.

These tendencies were recognized by the US' founding fathers, who sought to protect protect the people from government. They set up a three-part system in which each part acted as a check on the power of the others. If one of these parts abandons its role and cedes power to another, there is a great danger that the empowered branch will begin to grow unchecked and become abusive, then oppressive and finally tyrannical.

This has happened many times throughout history and it can happen here.

It is the duty of every good citizen to distrust his government, to encourage dissent and to diligently investigate claims of abuse or impropriety.
Never dismiss the "outrageous alarums" of critics like Solve as absurd. History has shown time and again that we do so at our peril.
Excellently put. Frubals to you.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:26 PM
greatcalgarian Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFH
Check out this movie about the plane that crashed in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. It will air Monday the 13th, on the "I" network or Independent Television Network, formerly Pax TV.

Click on the link for show times: Portrait of Courage: The Untold Story of Flight 93
Is there a web online that can be viewed via internet?
Old 02-12-2006, 06:40 PM
greatcalgarian Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Midnight Kisses
September 11, 2001, rigged? A conspiracy theory?

1) Why on earth would somebody come up with such a stupid idea? I think maybe because they were disenchaned with President George W. Bush and how he was doing. I've seem to notice that this country is more subdued when there is a Democrat in office, you want to know my opinion why? Democrats are pushovers in some things and let this countries morals be drug down the drain.

2) Why on earth would President Bush purposefully destroy two world-renowned buildings, part of the pentagon and a random field in Pennsylvania? Why? What would be the point? Oil? There are so many other ways he could get it and blaming this squarley on his shoulders makes you a pussy. Seriously, there are many people to blame for this and they should all equally hold the blame, not just the leader of the country.

3) Thousands of people died. Have you not seen the videos where the plane crashed into the World Trade Centers? Whatever floats your boat though, if you want to believe that the world is one big conspiracy, go ahead, just don't try to convert me to your perverted and odd way of thinking.
Your three questions have been answered by the currently popular conspiracy theories:
http://web.mid-day.com/news/world/20...ber/118397.htm
http://911review.org/Sept11Wiki/FrontPage.shtml

Read more, my friend. Refer to all the other web links I provided in the previous posts.
Widen your knowledge in the event.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 483
Beautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicas

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcalgarian
Your three questions have been answered by the currently popular conspiracy theories:
http://web.mid-day.com/news/world/20...ber/118397.htm
http://911review.org/Sept11Wiki/FrontPage.shtml

Read more, my friend. Refer to all the other web links I provided in the previous posts.
Widen your knowledge in the event.
Actually Mr Calgarian, these did not answer my questions in the least bit.

1) People who are prone to believe in conspiracy theories have something seriously wrong with them. Guillible is what you are.

2) Get over it, you don't live in the USA Mr. Calgarian, so you have nothing to worry about. You have your nice, open country there in Canada. If you are so worried why don't you find youself a nice little cave up in Nunavak?

3) President Bush will be out of the White House in 2008, we will probably have another self-serving Democrat in the White House, unforutnaley.

4) You could have done better in a situation like that, I'd like to see you try. It takes a strong man to run for President and to be President and to go through all the junk, harassments and what he goes through, give him a break.

5) So, let me guess, December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor was also planned by President Roosevelt, another Republican, because he wanted to go into World War II? Is that your view on Presidents of the USA?

6) I think President Bush is a good man, whose made a few mistakes, he's human, please treat him as one. You make mistakes also.

7) DO NOT patronize to me! Or treat me like a child. Widen my knowledge of the event. Bullcrap. I know quite a bit about it, and about the conspiracy theories which people are so desperate to believe because they would like to place the blame on someone in power, why they don't blame the terroists, I don't know.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:30 PM
jeffrey Offline
Religion: ♥Rebeccaism
Title:†ßig Dog†
Great Suggestion Award:  - Issue reason: For Amber Alert suggestion 

Frubals: 1041
jeffrey invents imaginary friends and hounds them for frubals
jeffrey invents imaginary friends and hounds them for frubals

And Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton were both Soviet spies. She almost blew his cover.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:33 PM
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 483
Beautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicasBeautiful Midnight Kisses has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey
And Monica Lewinsky and Bill Clinton were both Soviet spies. She almost blew his cover.
I think you are quite right about that Jeffery.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:00 PM
CaptainXeroid Offline
Religion: Disciple of Christ
Title:Following Christ

Frubals: 789
CaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsCaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsCaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsCaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsCaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsCaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsCaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsCaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubalsCaptainXeroid was overcome by the smell of rotting frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Midnight Kisses
... 5) So, let me guess, December 7, 1941, Pearl Harbor was also planned by President Roosevelt, another Republican, because he wanted to go into World War II? Is that your view on Presidents of the USA?...
Frubals to you for this post, but I have to point out that Franklin D Roosevelt who was President in 1941 was a Democrat. Theodore Roosevelt, a Republican, was President from 1901-1909. There are a lot of idiotic conspiracy theories about FDR 'letting' the attack on Pearl Harbor happen. Considering the Japanese were making peace overtures in the time before the attack, these theories are just as stupid and the 9/11 ones.