Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Pah Offline
Religion: Need someone ask?
Title:Uber all member
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1106
Pah let loose a monster belch and promptly blamed your frubals
Pah let loose a monster belch and promptly blamed your frubalsPah let loose a monster belch and promptly blamed your frubalsPah let loose a monster belch and promptly blamed your frubals
Default Bush administration thought dishonest and unethical

White House Ethics, Honesty Questioned
55% in Survey Say Libby Case Signals Broader Problems

By Richard Morin and Claudia Deane
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, October 30, 2005; Page A14

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...referrer=email

A majority of Americans say the indictment of senior White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby signals broader ethical problems in the Bush administration, and nearly half say the overall level of honesty and ethics in the federal government has fallen since President Bush took office, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News survey.

The poll, conducted Friday night and yesterday, found that 55 percent of the public believes the Libby case indicates wider problems "with ethical wrongdoing" in the White House, while 41 percent believes it was an "isolated incident." And by a 3 to 1 ratio, 46 percent to 15 percent, Americans say the level of honesty and ethics in the government has declined rather than risen under Bush.

More at the link above
Old 10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Sunstone Offline
Religion: Nature
Title:De Diablo Del Fora
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Link Exchange project Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: That's enough to fill a book! Congratulations! 

Frubals: 7272
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

I recall some of my friends voted for Bush because they thought his Christian beliefs meant he would bring greater honesty and higher ethics to the White House. I tried to warn them that Bush was, above all else, a politician.

Certainty is a mind killer -- Debater Slayer

The most precious thing in life is its uncertainty. -- Kenko

It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them. -- Edward de Bono
Old 10-30-2005, 12:36 PM
Darkdale Offline
Religion: Asatru
Title:World Leader Pretend

Frubals: 437
Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'

Well, this is total political misdirection. There was no crime committed. None. What they are trying to do now is try to prove a cover up of a non-existent crime. The Bush Administration has failed on so many levels that trying to cook up a scandal should be unnecessary. The democrats, even though the Republicans have screwed so much up since coming into power, still lack the ability to produce an alternative platform. These make-believe scandals are the very best of the Democratic political strategy. Just goes to show, that while the republicans are incompetent, the democrats are far worse. It's really sad to see how terrible American Government has become.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Pah Offline
Religion: Need someone ask?
Title:Uber all member
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1106
Pah let loose a monster belch and promptly blamed your frubals
Pah let loose a monster belch and promptly blamed your frubalsPah let loose a monster belch and promptly blamed your frubalsPah let loose a monster belch and promptly blamed your frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkdale
Well, this is total political misdirection. There was no crime committed. None. What they are trying to do now is try to prove a cover up of a non-existent crime. The Bush Administration has failed on so many levels that trying to cook up a scandal should be unnecessary. The democrats, even though the Republicans have screwed so much up since coming into power, still lack the ability to produce an alternative platform. These make-believe scandals are the very best of the Democratic political strategy. Just goes to show, that while the republicans are incompetent, the democrats are far worse. It's really sad to see how terrible American Government has become.
Another article from the Washington Post gives a more in-depth picture of this "political misdirection".

Old 10-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Darkdale Offline

Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'Darkdale uses cutesy baby talk to say, 'There's my widdle fwubal!  Yez you are!  Yez you are!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pah
Another article from the Washington Post gives a more in-depth picture of this "political misdirection".

Quote every liberal newspaper you want. There is no proof of any crime. You can't "out" and overt CIA operative, you can only out a "covert" one and she wasn't "covert". No crime.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:50 PM
Sunstone Offline
Religion: Nature
Title:De Diablo Del Fora
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Link Exchange project Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: That's enough to fill a book! Congratulations! 

Frubals: 7272
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

Quote:
Quote every liberal newspaper you want. There is no proof of any crime. You can't "out" and overt CIA operative, you can only out a "covert" one and she wasn't "covert". No crime.
Since when is lying to a Grand Jury "no crime"?

Certainty is a mind killer -- Debater Slayer

The most precious thing in life is its uncertainty. -- Kenko

It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them. -- Edward de Bono
Old 10-30-2005, 12:54 PM
Darkdale Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone
Since when is lying to a Grand Jury "no crime"?
1. No Proof that he intended to lie. Without intent, it is not a crime.
2. The grand jury was called to investigate something that was not a crime. They are trying to create something out of nothing and it is working, but nothing will come from it. Libby won't spend a minute and jail and he'll go on just fine.

Without ideas, this kind of nonsense is all democrats have left to them... but it is working, because the American people believe everything they read in newspapers and magazines like The Sun, The National Inquirer and the New York Times.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:58 PM
Jaymes Offline
Religion: Cake
Title:The cake is a lie
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This Kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. 

Frubals: 1064
Jaymes worries that dead frubals might have ghosts
Jaymes worries that dead frubals might have ghostsJaymes worries that dead frubals might have ghosts

How is there not a crime if there's no intent? I thought that accidentally killing someone was a crime... Not saying what he did was as bad as murder, just pointing out that you don't have to do something on purpose for it to be a crime.

Old 10-30-2005, 01:00 PM
Darkdale Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensa
How is there not a crime if there's no intent? I thought that accidentally killing someone was a crime... Not saying what he did was as bad as murder, just pointing out that you don't have to do something on purpose for it to be a crime.
That's just the way it is. You can't charge someone with being "wrong", you can only charge him with "lying". The difference between lying and being wrong is intent. So you have to prove intent.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:03 PM
Religion: Jedi Buddhist
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 7428
The Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestThe Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestThe Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
The Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestThe Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestThe Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestThe Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestThe Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestThe Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestThe Black Whirlwind lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

Quote:
Without ideas, this kind of nonsense is all democrats have left to them... but it is working, because the American people believe everything they read in newspapers and magazines like The Sun, The National Inquirer and the New York Times.
Its the National Enquirer. Jeez