Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Shia Islam Offline
Religion: Shia Islam
Title:Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.

Frubals: 144
Shia Islam writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceShia Islam writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceShia Islam writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face
Default Nobel Laureate Gunter Grass Writes a Poem – All Hell Breaks*Loose!

Nobel Laureate Gunter Grass Writes a Poem – All Hell Breaks*

He is 84 years old.* He was awarded a Nobel Prize in Literature in 1999.* He is a German named Gunter Grass.* Apparently, Herr Gunter also has a conscious, and is upset over the West’s hypocrisy over Israel’s “conflict” with Iran.* The hypocrisy to Herr Grass is simply:* Iran is EVIL and must be bombed for possibly TRYING to go nuclear – while Israel has been “nuclear” for decades – and, thanks to Germany, is now quite likely deploying nukes on German-built submarines.

Author Gunter Grass was awarded the Nobel Prize in literature in 1999
As a young 17-year-old lad, Gunter was forced to join the “Walden SS” corp in the final years of WWII.* (If he refused this conscription, he would most likely have been shot.) ** Despite these facts, however, Herr Grass has been vilified and besmirched as a “Nazi” – while his poem’s theme and content is thereby ignored and diminished.* A most typical Edomite maneuver – simply focus the attack on the messenger and by so doing, diminish the message’s credibility.
Here is Gunter Grass’s “poem” as published in a German newspaper, April 4.***

Günter Grass - "What Must Be Said" - YouTube

By Günter Grass

Why have I kept silent, silent for too long
over what is openly played out
in war games at the end of which we
the survivors are at best footnotes.

It’s that claim of a right to first strike
against those who under a loudmouth’s thumb
are pushed into organized cheering—
a strike to snuff out the Iranian people
on suspicion that under his influence
an atom bomb’s being built.

But why do I forbid myself
to name that other land in which
for years—although kept secret—
a usable nuclear capability has grown
beyond all control, because
no scrutiny is allowed.

The universal silence around this fact,
under which my own silence lay,
I feel now as a heavy lie,
a strong constraint, which to dismiss
courts forceful punishment:
the verdict of “Antisemitism” is well known.

But now, when my own country,
guilty of primal and unequalled crimes
for which time and again it must be tasked—
once again, in pure commerce,
though with quick lips we declare it
reparations, wants to send
Israel yet another submarine—
one whose speciality is to deliver
warheads capable of ending all life
where the existence of even one
nuclear weapon remains unproven,
but where suspicion serves for proof—
now I say what must be said.

But why was I silent for so long?
Because I thought my origin,
marked with an ineradicable stain,
forbade mention of this fact
as definite truth about Israel, a country
to which I am and will remain attached.

Why is it only now I say,
in old age, with my last drop of ink,
that Israel’s nuclear power endangers
an already fragile world peace?

Because what by tomorrow might be
too late, must be spoken now,
and because we—as Germans, already
burdened enough—could become
enablers of a crime, foreseeable and therefore
not to be eradicated
with any of the usual excuses.

And admittedly: I’m silent no more
because I’ve had it with the West’s hypocrisy
—and one can hope that many others too
may free themselves from silence,
challenge the instigator of known danger
to abstain from violence,
and at the same time demand
a permanent and unrestrained control
of Israel’s atomic power
and Iranian nuclear plants
by an international authority
accepted by both governments.

Only thus can one give help
to Israelis and Palestinians—still more,
all the peoples, neighbour-enemies
living in this region occupied by madness
—and finally, to ourselves as well.
“Was gesagt werden muss” published in Süddeutschen Zeitung (4 April 2012)

Translation by Michael Keefer and Nica Mintz
Source : excerpts from:
Nobel Laureate Gunter Grass Writes a Poem – All Hell Breaks Loose! « The Story Behind The Story

Informing Centre of Religious Beliefs:
http://www.religioninform.com/

Like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/religioninform

Follow us on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/religioninform

Last edited by Shia Islam; 04-27-2012 at 03:31 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 03:53 AM
Sunstone Online!
Religion: Podium Pounding
Title:De Diablo Del Fora
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Link Exchange project Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: That's enough to fill a book! Congratulations! 

Frubals: 7249
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

As a practical matter, I don't know how you could bring about "...a permanent and unrestrained control of Israel’s atomic power and Iranian nuclear plants by an international authority accepted by both governments", but any restraints put on anyone's nuclear capabilities -- including America's -- seems on the surface to be a good idea.

Certainty is a mind killer -- Debater Slayer

The most precious thing in life is its uncertainty. -- Kenko

It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them. -- Edward de Bono
Old 04-27-2012, 04:01 AM
Jayhawker Soule Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Extraordinary Member
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your valuable contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For over 20,000 posts. Congrats Jay.  :) 

Frubals: 3454
Jayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubal
Jayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubal

And from such a respected antisemitic source, exposing, for example, "The infiltration of the Edomite bloodline into Rabbinical circles 200 years before the birth of Jesus." Good job.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:40 AM
Flankerl Offline
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 340
Flankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mime

What exactly is the "Walden SS"?

And who is "Gunter Grass"?

Oh and you also visit awesome sites!

William James "Bill" O'Reilly, Jr.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:41 AM
Seyorni Offline
Religion: Vedanta
Title:Hallowed Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Fot 10,000 posts. Congrats Sey! 

Frubals: 1995
Seyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals story
Seyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals storySeyorni always gets misty with a good rags-to-frubals story

Waffen SS
Old 04-27-2012, 05:54 AM
Shia Islam Offline
Religion: Shia Islam
Title:Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.

Frubals: 144
Shia Islam writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceShia Islam writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceShia Islam writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

I don't know about the site from which I copied the poem.
I reached it by google.

Don't attack the messenger to discredit the message.

Informing Centre of Religious Beliefs:
http://www.religioninform.com/

Like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/religioninform

Follow us on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/religioninform
Old 04-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Jayhawker Soule Offline
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For thorough research in regards to different topics through the years. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your valuable contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For over 20,000 posts. Congrats Jay.  :) 

Jayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubal
Jayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubalJayhawker Soule had to get shots after being bitten by a rogue frubal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shia Islam View Post
Don't attack the messenger to discredit the message.
Especially when the messenger has done such a noteworthy job discrediting himself.

What is interesting here is your apparent preference for source material. When I Google Günter Grass I need to search diligently for such antisemitic filth. Yet you apparently stumbled upon it effortlessly and - please note - chose to select it from among a host of alternatives. That, my friend, speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Jayhawker Soule; 04-27-2012 at 06:30 AM..
Old 04-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 

Frubals: 3110
Revoltingest wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals todayRevoltingest wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals todayRevoltingest wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals today
Revoltingest wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals todayRevoltingest wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals todayRevoltingest wants to know whether you have hugged your frubals today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker Soule View Post
Especially when the messenger has done a noteworthy job discrediting himself.

What I find curious is your apparent preference for source material. When I Günter Grass I need to search diligently for such antisemitic slime. Yet you apparently stumbled upon it effortlessly and - please note - selected chose to select it from among a host of alternatives. That, my friend, speaks volumes. Thanks for sharing.
Is impugning the source to avoid the intent of the poem all you gots?
It is quite tiresome that dang near every time Israel is criticized, out trots the weaponized word "antisemitic" to demonize the messenger & subvert the message.
So pervasive is this, that I begin to wonder if Israel's apologists are trained to act in concert.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:44 AM
Jayhawker Soule Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
Is impugning the source to avoid the intent of the poem all you gots?
I'll be very glad to discuss the poem and Israel's response to it - neither of which I much care for.

Quote:
It is quite tiresome that dang near every time Israel is criticized, out trots the weaponized word "antisemitic" to demonize the messenger & subvert the message.
I'm so sorry you feel tired but, that aside, how would you characterize the site and the site selection?

Quote:
So pervasive is this, that I begin to wonder if Israel's apologists are trained to act in concert.
Yep ... the Jewish conspiracy strikes again.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:47 AM
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 

Frubals: 3110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker Soule View Post
I'm so sorry you feel tired but, that aside, how would you characterize the site and the site selection?
I entirely ignore the site.
I knew of the poem & its controversy independently.

Quote:
Yep ... the Jewish conspiracy strikes again.
I was being facetious about the lock step response I see.
Of course, the only real conspiracy is the atheist agenda.

Last edited by Revoltingest; 04-27-2012 at 06:49 AM..