Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Religion: atheist
Title:Senior Member

Frubals: 139
work in progress is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.work in progress is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.work in progress is a ship on a sea of frubals.  Like the Titanic, only not sunk yet.
Default Upper class more likely to be scofflaws due to greed, study finds

This isn't exactly news to most people: Upper class more likely to be scofflaws due to greed, study finds
but, I was going to post this previously but forgot. The collation of six studies mentioned, shows that the wealthy are more likely to be dishonest, and excuse unethical behaviour out of a sense of entitlement....they're just better than everyone else! And they have the money to prove how much better they are!

This should serve as another reason why unregulated capitalism becomes increasingly ruthless and dysfunctional, and social ills increase as incomes and living standards in a population become increasingly stratified into separate economic classes.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 PM
MysticSang'ha Offline
Religion: Keisaku
Title:Big Squishy Hugger
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Congrats! Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your excellent skills in debating different topics Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Here, now quit whining. (:p) 

Frubals: 3728
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads

I dunno.

I think feelings of entitlement and unethical behavior (just to get an edge) pops up often regardless of class. But I will admit that this is only based on doing business with a range of people...I've collaborated with people of all stripes, from dirt poor to multi-millionaires. I'm okay with personal testimony taken with a grain of salt, so...just saying.

People is people.

No one gets ahead by holding another back. - Reverend Rick
Old 03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
JacobEzra Offline
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 143
JacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceJacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceJacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

Upper class and old, senile, republicans can be a lot of things. Not much to say its a lie when a millionaire calls Obama a "snob" for trying to get lower class people into college. And a room full of old folk clapping
Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 PM
Tarheeler Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Just Jewish

Frubals: 423
Tarheeler experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledTarheeler experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledTarheeler experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledTarheeler experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledTarheeler experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledTarheeler experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledTarheeler experimented with frubals in college but never inhaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobEzra View Post
Upper class and old, senile, republicans can be a lot of things. Not much to say its a lie when a millionaire calls Obama a "snob" for trying to get lower class people into college. And a room full of old folk clapping
Especially when the guy saying it has not only a BA but also an MBA and a JD and has accumulated a fair amount of money because of them.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:04 PM
JacobEzra Offline
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 143
JacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceJacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceJacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheeler View Post
Especially when the guy saying it has not only a BA but also an MBA and a JD and has accumulated a fair amount of money because of them.
That made me laugh. Hypocrites to say the lest
Old 03-07-2012, 04:10 PM
fulp Offline
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 17
fulp gives frubals to the homeless

Does power corrupt, or rather do people with issues tend to seek power? Hmmm.

As someone with issues I'd say it's B
Old 03-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Protester Offline
Religion: conservative Baptist
Title:Sophmore Member

Frubals: 21
Protester invested heavily in the foreign frubal economy
Default Lord Acton

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulp View Post
Does power corrupt, or rather do people with issues tend to seek power? Hmmm.

As someone with issues I'd say it's B
Just to let you know the circumstances of the person who said this:

Quote:
Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
This is commonly referred to as Lord Acton's dictum. But it is the third phrase in this quote that might be the most important, if little-known:

Quote:
Great men are almost always bad men.
--Lord Acton

Most people who quote Lord Acton's Dictum are unaware that it refers to Papal power and was made by a Catholic, albeit not an unquestioning one.

John Dalberg-Acton, 1st Baron Acton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So to paraphrase another old saying, "the rich get rich and the poor get poorer," because the rich are greedy so-and-so's? Yes, unfortunately usually all too true. Allen Stanford guilty of massive Ponzi scheme - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
Old 03-07-2012, 05:06 PM
dyanaprajna2011 Offline
Religion: Buddhism
Title:Dharmapala
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your original threads and posts over the years. 

Frubals: 527
dyanaprajna2011 considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'dyanaprajna2011 considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'dyanaprajna2011 considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'dyanaprajna2011 considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'dyanaprajna2011 considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'dyanaprajna2011 considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'dyanaprajna2011 considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'dyanaprajna2011 considers it casual and suave to say 'nice froobs baby'

I agree for the most part with the OP. And what makes matters worse is that those rich people, when caught in the act of unethical behavior, are oftentimes given reduced sentences, if not let go completely, by the government. It's almost like the wealthy are rewarded for unethical, greedy behavior.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum.../buddhism.html A group for Buddhists or anyone interested in Buddhism!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:59 PM
fulp Offline
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 17
fulp gives frubals to the homeless

I just came across this, check it out starting from 11:30:

youtube.com/watch?v=8vHOpZhQeLs

I obviously had to think of this topic, so I googled a bit:

forbes.com/sites/jeffbercovici/2011/06/14/why-some-psychopaths-make-great-ceos/

Quote:
Business leaders are four times more likely to be psychopaths than the general population, a study has found. ( from dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2032912/One-25-bosses-psychopath-hides-charm-business-speak.html )
Old 03-08-2012, 07:14 AM
Levite Offline
Religion: Jewish
Title:Higher and Higher
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 890
Levite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsLevite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsLevite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsLevite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsLevite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsLevite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsLevite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsLevite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubalsLevite offers reskilling opportunities for unemployed frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by work in progress View Post
This isn't exactly news to most people: [size=2]Upper class more likely to be scofflaws due to greed, study finds
but, I was going to post this previously but forgot. The collation of six studies mentioned, shows that the wealthy are more likely to be dishonest, and excuse unethical behaviour out of a sense of entitlement....they're just better than everyone else! And they have the money to prove how much better they are!
Shocking. So hard to believe. The rich, entitled? It's so unlike them!