Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2011, 11:20 PM
Title:BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Gender: Undisclosed
Posts: 40
Frubals: 18
Invisible Pink Unicorn gives frubals to the homeless
Default 10 Reasons NOT to vote for Ron Paul

10 Reasons Not to Vote for Ron Paul | Who Would Jesus Vote For?

1. Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities.

2. Ron Paul would deny women control of their bodies and reproductive rights.

3. Ron Paul would be disastrous for the working class.

4. Ron Paulís tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes

5. Ron Paulís policies would cause irreparable damage to our already strained environment.

6. A Ron Paul administration would continue to proliferate the negative image of the US among other nations.

7. Ron Paul discriminates on the basis of sexual orientation and would not provide equal rights and protections to glbt citizens.

8. Ron Paul has an unnatural obsession with guns.

9. Ron Paul would butcher our already sad educational system.

10. Ron Paul is opposed to the separation of church and state.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:16 PM
Meow Mix's Avatar
Meow Mix Offline
Religion: Secular Humanism
Title:Sassypants Kitty
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,008
Frubals: 761
Meow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstickMeow Mix likes frubal hugs almost as much as squishy hugs from Aunt Marge with the lipstick
Default

He's a quack. I think he has so many fanboys because he's different from other politicians and that's what everyone really wants right now: someone who's not a typical Republican/Democrat. Unfortunately, "anything different" doesn't necessarily equate to better...
__________________
"A day of reckoning will come when the false men who cowered will be left abandoned, pleading for an end

Warming themselves by the ashes and the embers of martyrs, martyrs that they never understood

They will be lost.
Buried in the sands of time,
Relics disgraced from an era forgotten.
Far too consumed by the allure of wealth to be concerned for the backs on which they stood

The weak and broken, the castaways out in the cold
They will be left abandoned by those who claim to care

Those who stand proudly on the wrong side of history:
Mark my words -- your time will come.

The heartless will be the sick and the dying
Left with nowhere to turn

I hope I have the strength to help them in their time of need,
To forgive them, though I know they never would have done the same."

(Misery Signals, "Lost Relics")
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:28 PM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Offline
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,286
Frubals: 3174
Revoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Revoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow Mix View Post
He's a quack. I think he has so many fanboys because he's different from other politicians and that's what everyone really wants right now: someone who's not a typical Republican/Democrat. Unfortunately, "anything different" doesn't necessarily equate to better...
No, I've supported him for a long time simply because he's the closest thing to a libertarian to appear in the Big Two.
The OP misrepresents his social positions. But most important to me is his consistent pursuit of limited constitutiona
government, & eschewing foreign adventurism. Paul differs from other not-one-of-the-usual-candidates, such as Ross
Perot, who didn't really differ politically from his competition. Paul actually represents something different.

It's perfectly fine to not vote for him, but one should do so for the right reasons.
__________________
Occupy RF!
Free iti oj!

Last edited by Revoltingest; 08-18-2011 at 12:31 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Father Heathen's Avatar
Father Heathen Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Libertarian
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For creating over 10,000 posts 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newport News, VA U.S
Gender: Male
Posts: 19,933
Frubals: 2669
Father Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacle
Father Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacle
Default

How could he be considered a libertarian if he is opposed to the separation of church and state and to women's rights and gay rights?
__________________
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." - Thomas Paine

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Guitar's Cry's Avatar
Guitar's Cry Offline
Religion: Mystic Paganism
Title:Verisimilitudinous
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For creating 10,000 posts 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Maine
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,323
Frubals: 1345
Guitar's Cry yells at frubals in the back seat to cut it our or we're turning the car around right now
Guitar's Cry yells at frubals in the back seat to cut it our or we're turning the car around right nowGuitar's Cry yells at frubals in the back seat to cut it our or we're turning the car around right nowGuitar's Cry yells at frubals in the back seat to cut it our or we're turning the car around right nowGuitar's Cry yells at frubals in the back seat to cut it our or we're turning the car around right nowGuitar's Cry yells at frubals in the back seat to cut it our or we're turning the car around right nowGuitar's Cry yells at frubals in the back seat to cut it our or we're turning the car around right now
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Heathen View Post
How could he be considered a libertarian if he is opposed to the separation of church and state and to women's rights and gay rights?
He likes guns?
__________________
"Some days I pray for silence.
Some days I pray for soul.
Some days I just pray to the God of Sex, and Drums, and Rock n' Roll." - Jim Steinman
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Offline
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,286
Frubals: 3174
Revoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Revoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Heathen View Post
How could he be considered a libertarian if he is opposed to the separation of church and state and to women's rights and gay rights?
Disputed claims such as those ought to be supported.
It would be like claiming that Obama is a Muslim, ie, it is an opinion which should not be stated as fact.
If I thought Paul would gut civil liberties, I'd drop him faster than Clinton (Bill, not Hillary) can drop trou.
We should note that many of his views on social matters wouldn't affect public policy because of constitutional limitations on governmental authority.
I disagree with on many things, but I'd vote for him because I believe the net effect of his being in office would be to advance social & economic liberty.

But worry not, he won't get the Publican nod to run for prez.
They'll pick another one of the usual bland statists.

Would Jesus vote for him?
Who cares?
__________________
Occupy RF!
Free iti oj!

Last edited by Revoltingest; 08-18-2011 at 12:49 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Breathe Offline
Title:Taking a break, again.
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your exceptional and original contributions to the forum Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts!! Congrats Carl!! 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Gender: Undisclosed
Posts: 17,080
Frubals: 1630
Breathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on Earth
Breathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on EarthBreathe comes from a planet that was invaded by an army of frubals and is fearful of the same here on Earth
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible Pink Unicorn View Post
1. Ron Paul does not value equal rights for minorities.

...

3. Ron Paul would be disastrous for the working class.

4. Ron Paulís tax plan is unfair to lower earners and would greatly benefit those with the highest incomes

5. Ron Paulís policies would cause irreparable damage to our already strained environment.

6. A Ron Paul administration would continue to proliferate the negative image of the US among other nations.

...

9. Ron Paul would butcher our already sad educational system.

I would like all of the quoted above (3-6, 9) explained upon in greater detail if possible. That is, "how?". I'm not going to debate or anything as it'd be pointless for me since I'm in Europe - yet I'm just genuinely curious.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:54 PM
YmirGF's Avatar
YmirGF Offline
Religion: Beyond the Light
Title:Bodhisattva
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For reaching the 10k mark 
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An island paradise
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,463
Frubals: 3245
YmirGF started a company with the slogan, 'The Frubal is always right!'YmirGF started a company with the slogan, 'The Frubal is always right!'YmirGF started a company with the slogan, 'The Frubal is always right!'
YmirGF started a company with the slogan, 'The Frubal is always right!'YmirGF started a company with the slogan, 'The Frubal is always right!'YmirGF started a company with the slogan, 'The Frubal is always right!'YmirGF started a company with the slogan, 'The Frubal is always right!'YmirGF started a company with the slogan, 'The Frubal is always right!'
Default

I am puzzled why people would think there are reasons TO vote for Ron Paul. That is a head-scratcher, to be sure.
__________________
It is true that the early bird gets the worm, however, it is the second mouse, that gets the cheese.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-18-2011, 12:55 PM
E. Nato Difficile's Avatar
Religion: Existentialist
Title:Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Massachusetts
Gender: Male
Posts: 669
Frubals: 71
E. Nato Difficile is a Frubal WhoreE. Nato Difficile is a Frubal Whore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
I believe the net effect of his being in office would be to advance social & economic liberty.
"This whole Restore America project might be a two-term thing! But how's that common-sense Constitutional government lookin', huh?"



-Nato
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 PM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Offline
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 57,286
Frubals: 3174
Revoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Revoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkRevoltingest is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Nato Difficile View Post
"This whole Restore America project might be a two-term thing! But how's that common-sense Constitutional government lookin', huh?"



-Nato
I don't know what "common-sense Constitutional government" looks like.
I haven't seen it as a general political agenda yet.
Btw, hello there, Lord Humongous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmirGF View Post
I am puzzled why people would think there are reasons TO vote for Ron Paul. That is a head-scratcher, to be sure.
- Smaller government
- Fewer wars
- Less foreign adventurism
- Lower taxes
- Limited constitutional government
- A doctor instead of a lawyer in the White House
The above certainly won't appeal to many, but those reasons are why some of us would prefer him to the competition.
__________________
Occupy RF!
Free iti oj!

Last edited by Revoltingest; 08-18-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:38 PM.


Copyright © ReligiousForums.com

SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.