Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Sultan Of Swing Offline
Religion: Loosely Anglican
Title:Sophomore Member

Frubals: 45
Sultan Of Swing yanked your frubals the wedgie of their lives last night, so they may be a little limpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kai View Post
well her shoes are going to take some filling thats for sure, i never thought i would see the day she would be welcome in Ireland.

Irish eyes are smiling: show of respect turns Queen into runaway favourite | UK news | The Guardian

and their isn't a soul on these islands that could have done it better.
Hmm... I don't know how Prince Charles is going to be able to live up to the expectations. He's steeped up in enough controversy already, can't wait to see what he does once he's King..
Old 05-23-2011, 08:52 AM
Willamena Offline
Religion: Just Me
Title:Just be there, doing that
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This creative thread award is given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your work on the chat system Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions over the years. Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Patty!! SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of the Enigma: For being absolutely puzzling and mysterious to all your peers. - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3170
Willamena is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkWillamena is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkWillamena is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Willamena is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkWillamena is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkWillamena is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkWillamena is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan Of Swing View Post
Hmm... I don't know how Prince Charles is going to be able to live up to the expectations. He's steeped up in enough controversy already, can't wait to see what he does once he's King..
It's entirely possible that he'll simply forfeit the throne to William.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:05 AM
Sultan Of Swing Offline
Religion: Loosely Anglican
Title:Sophomore Member

Frubals: 45
Sultan Of Swing yanked your frubals the wedgie of their lives last night, so they may be a little limpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamena View Post
It's entirely possible that he'll simply forfeit the throne to William.
Naahhh, I think he wants the throne.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Father Heathen Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Libertarian
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For creating over 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 2656
Father Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacle
Father Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacle

The idea of royalty is a useless relic. The suggestion that someone is elite or entitled simply because they come from a particular bloodline is an insult to the common man. They're simply parasites that take their wealth from the populace while contributing nothing in return. Such prestige should be earned.

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Old 05-24-2011, 04:29 AM
lunakilo Offline
Religion: between religions
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 163
lunakilo isn't quite sure why frubals always leave a ring in the tublunakilo isn't quite sure why frubals always leave a ring in the tublunakilo isn't quite sure why frubals always leave a ring in the tublunakilo isn't quite sure why frubals always leave a ring in the tub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Heathen View Post
The idea of royalty is a useless relic.
A relic probably, but useless...
Quote:
The suggestion that someone is elite or entitled simply because they come from a particular bloodline is an insult to the common man.
In principle, you are right.
But in real life there things are often quite different.
Quote:
They're simply parasites that take their wealth from the populace while contributing nothing in return.
I don't agree there.
I am sure there are worthless monarchs around that would fit your description, but it does not go for all.
If they do contribute, they are not parasites are they
Quote:
Such prestige should be earned.
You couls argue that if a monarch serves its country well, it earned.

If you look at the monarchies in europe ( Monarchy_in_Europe ) you will notice that many of them have large support from the people.
A quick look through the list in the link tells me that many of the monarchs have 70 - 80 % of the population backing them (how many presidents can beat that?).

In most modern monarchies the power of the monarch is very limited, their primary role is to represent the country.
Representing a country costs money no matter who does it. If it is a monarch or a president doesn't change the cost.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:37 AM
Flankerl Offline
Religion: Judaism
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 340
Flankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mimeFlankerl translates frubal comments into little skits and performs them in mime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan Of Swing View Post
She can appoint a Prime Minister when there is no overall majority (yeah I know, big deal).

But otherwise, all laws that pass through Parliament must be approved by her first. Well, a law has never been rejected since the 18th century, and if one was in modern times then the Queen would probably be stripped of most of her power. But still. She has the power to reject new laws.
So what you are saying is that she doesnt have any power. She is merely a tool.

Also this would ruin the british tourism. Why would anyone visit this rainy island if not for the royal house?

William James "Bill" O'Reilly, Jr.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:18 AM
kai Offline
Religion: the Mundane
Title:ragamuffin
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1166
kai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals
kai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalskai is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals

Take a look at this i found it interesting :

The queen with US presidents:

Queen Elizabeth with 12 U.S.*Presidents ę Lisa's History Room

Ugandan President Yoweri Museven
Old 05-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Terrywoodenpic Offline
Religion: Anglican-heretic
Title:Oldest Heretic
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved.  Congrats. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 1166
Terrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals
Terrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubalsTerrywoodenpic is plotting to invade another country to drill for frubals

The US presidents get a pension and security supplied for life. In theory, if they all lived as long as the Queen the cost of them all would be astronomic. as rarely more than five of them are alive at once, the cost is merely stratospheric. The Queen now subsidises her costs from her own income.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Jaiket Offline
Title:Servile Apologist

Frubals: 685
Jaiket requests that you kindly refrain from staring at this bulging mass of frubalsJaiket requests that you kindly refrain from staring at this bulging mass of frubalsJaiket requests that you kindly refrain from staring at this bulging mass of frubalsJaiket requests that you kindly refrain from staring at this bulging mass of frubalsJaiket requests that you kindly refrain from staring at this bulging mass of frubalsJaiket requests that you kindly refrain from staring at this bulging mass of frubalsJaiket requests that you kindly refrain from staring at this bulging mass of frubalsJaiket requests that you kindly refrain from staring at this bulging mass of frubals

I cannot think of a single compelling argument for the monarchy.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Yukon Offline
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 11
Yukon will work for frubals

The queen has NO power my son. She is the titular head of state - Parliament is all powerful. What or who would you replace her with? The Pope, or a President?