Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates / North American Politics
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2010, 10:52 AM
Reverend Rick Offline
Religion: Universal Life
Title:Retired
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Ya know, I just kind of assumed everybody up in Redland already got this. Sorry for the over-site Rick. :p Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Rick. :yes: 

Frubals: 3166
Reverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Reverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone View Post
That's an astonishing figure. Do you have a source for it?
Obama’s Tripling of the National Debt in Pictures | The Foundry: Conservative Policy News.

Why do you hate America, Rev. Rick?[/quote]
Old 02-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Religion: Christian
Title:Pater Familias
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3409
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals

Here we go:

Quote:
In August 1993, Clinton signed the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, which passed Congress without a Republican vote. It cut taxes for fifteen million low-income families, made tax cuts available to 90% of small businesses,[49] and raised taxes on the wealthiest 1.2% of taxpayers.[50] Additionally, through the implementation of spending restraints, it mandated the budget be balanced over a number of years.
Quote:
Clinton presided over the longest period of peace-time economic expansion in American history, which included a balanced budget and a federal surplus.[6][7] The Congressional Budget Office reported a surplus of $236B in 2000, the last full year of Clinton's presidency.[8] On the heels of a failed attempt at health care reform with a Democratic Congress, Republicans won control of the House of Representatives for the first time in forty years.[9] Two years later, in 1996, Clinton was re-elected and became the first member of the Democratic Party since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term as president.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 AM
Smoke Offline
Title:Done here.
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: You have achieved over 10,000 posts at RF. Congratulations!! 

Frubals: 3290
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals

Damn, Rick, you are good at changing the subject. I just about fell for it.

But instead of going off on a possible balanced budget amendment, or what's wrong with Obama, how about if we stick to the topic of the thread this time?

"If you don't believe that Puerto Rican Americans ought to be able to get married in this country, you are a bigot. If you don't think African Americans should be allowed in the military, you are a bigot. If you think it ought to be legal to refuse to hire Asian Americans, you are a bigot. And in case you're missing the point, there's only one group in America against whom the bigots are winning in all three areas."
-Michael Dixon
Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Mr Cheese Offline
Religion: Gnosticism
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 413
Mr Cheese surprised your frubals with crabsMr Cheese surprised your frubals with crabsMr Cheese surprised your frubals with crabsMr Cheese surprised your frubals with crabsMr Cheese surprised your frubals with crabsMr Cheese surprised your frubals with crabsMr Cheese surprised your frubals with crabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Damn, Rick, you are good at changing the subject. I just about fell for it.

But instead of going off on a possible balanced budget amendment, or what's wrong with Obama, how about if we stick to the topic of the thread this time?

surely you jest!

stick to the topic?
not denounce Obama?
Not post articles that are months old about Obama's dog?

You really want a lot don't you?
Old 02-10-2010, 11:00 AM
Religion: Christian
Title:Pater Familias
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3409
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals

And this:

The Bush Budget Deficit Death Spiral
Quote:

When Reagan took office in 1981, the national debt stood at $995 billion. Twelve years later, by the end of George H.W. Bush's presidency, it had exploded to $4 trillion. Reagan was a "B" grade movie actor and a doddering, probably clinically senile president, but he was a sheer genius at rewarding his friends by saddling other people with debts.

Bill Clinton reversed Reagan's course, raising taxes on the wealthy, and lowering them for the working and middle classes. This produced the longest sustained economic expansion in American history. Importantly, it also produced budgetary surpluses allowing the government to begin paying down the crippling debt begun under Reagan. In 2000, Clinton's last year, the surplus amounted to $236 billion. The forecast ten year surplus stood at $5.6 trillion. It was the last black ink America would see for decades, perhaps forever.
George W. Bush immediately reversed Clinton's policy in order to revive Reagan's...
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 AM
Reverend Rick Offline
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Ya know, I just kind of assumed everybody up in Redland already got this. Sorry for the over-site Rick. :p Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Rick. :yes: 

Reverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Reverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network

I do tend to ramble some times. It is old age

If you look at Angelous's previous post you will see that Clinton did indeed balance the budget. He had to threaten to shut down the government to get it done remember?

Have patience, I will tie this up in a bow and be on topic

You will notice that his budget did not have health care in it.

Do you think the budget would have be balanced if we got Hillary Care?

So to answer the op, NO WE CANNOT AFFORD HEALTH CARE.

Now I know you are going to tell me how much health care will save us all......

WE CANNOT AFFORD TO SAVE THAT MUCH MONEY

I could buy a Jaguar and save 10's of thousands, but I still cannot afford that car!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Smoke Offline
Title:Done here.
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: You have achieved over 10,000 posts at RF. Congratulations!! 

Frubals: 3290
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rick View Post

I could buy a Jaguar and save 10's of thousands, but I still cannot afford that car!
We're already spending the money. We're already spending more money than any other country. We're paying Jaguar prices to ride around on a beat-up old Schwinn. Can we afford that?

"If you don't believe that Puerto Rican Americans ought to be able to get married in this country, you are a bigot. If you don't think African Americans should be allowed in the military, you are a bigot. If you think it ought to be legal to refuse to hire Asian Americans, you are a bigot. And in case you're missing the point, there's only one group in America against whom the bigots are winning in all three areas."
-Michael Dixon

Last edited by Smoke; 02-10-2010 at 11:20 AM..
Old 02-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Autodidact Offline
Religion: atheist
Title:Intentionally Blank
Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1582
Autodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassy
Autodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellous_evangellous View Post
Yep. Health care is a public concern and not a private one.
oops, misunderstood evagellous. Too bad, it was one of my more vicious exercises in sarcasm.

Last edited by Autodidact; 02-10-2010 at 11:39 AM..
Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 AM
Autodidact Offline
Religion: atheist
Title:Intentionally Blank
Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 1582
Autodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassy
Autodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassyAutodidact learned the hard way NEVER to travel with frubals when they're gassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Rick View Post
I do tend to ramble some times. It is old age

If you look at Angelous's previous post you will see that Clinton did indeed balance the budget. He had to threaten to shut down the government to get it done remember?

Have patience, I will tie this up in a bow and be on topic

You will notice that his budget did not have health care in it.

Do you think the budget would have be balanced if we got Hillary Care?

So to answer the op, NO WE CANNOT AFFORD HEALTH CARE.

Yes, gosh darn it, we can't afford to save all that money! The only way to balance the budget is to make sure we spend more money on health care than any other country on earth! If we were to spend less money...umm...I think I just ran out of sarcasm for this discussion.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:43 AM
Reverend Rick Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
We're already spending the money. We're already spending more money than any other country. We're paying Jaguar prices to ride around on a beat-up old Schwinn. Can we afford that?
Yes we are spending the money already, but we are happy with the level of service provided to us. Taking 500 billion away from seniors to pay for someone else to have health care is unacceptable to many of us.

It is health care distribution plain and simple.