Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates / North American Politics
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Reverend Rick Offline
Religion: Universal Life
Title:Retired
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Ya know, I just kind of assumed everybody up in Redland already got this. Sorry for the over-site Rick. :p Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Rick. :yes: 

Frubals: 3166
Reverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Reverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Default Right Wing Conservatives are Terrorists?

The Liberty Papers »Blog Archive » Homeland Security document targets most conservatives and libertarians in the country

Old 04-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Lindsey-Loo Offline
Religion: Christianity
Title:Steel Magnolia

Frubals: 195
Lindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorry

Quote:
According to this new Homeland Security report, all it takes to fit the terrorist profile is to have general anti-government feelings or prefer local/state government to federal control over everything.
Quote:
Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely. It may include groups and individuals that are dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration.
Well, there you go. Looks like I'm a terrorist.

If studies like these begin to be taken seriously by the government, it looks to me that a 'legal' basis could be provided to arrest any right-wingers who don't support the government on suspicion of terrorism. I'm not a radical conspiracy kind of person, but that article scared me.
Ya'll oughta stop talking
Start trying to catch up
Old 04-14-2009, 10:23 PM
tomspug Offline
Title:Absorbant

Frubals: 483
tomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicastomspug has no idea we replaced all these frubals with replicas

Wait, when did being pro-state rights become an extreme viewpoint? I always assumed that was called being an American?

Edit: I just realized that's a blog, so I'm not going to take it too seriously. Obviously, they are NOT targeting conservatives and libertarians in general, but are referring to 'far-right' views like white-power groups, anarchists,militia men, etc. Honestly, I doubt Homeland Security would prefer this to be news. Don't we want ANY fringe group to be monitored for our own protection?

Federal agency warns of radicals on right - Washington Times

Last edited by tomspug; 04-14-2009 at 10:29 PM..
Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Reverend Rick Offline
Religion: Universal Life
Title:Retired
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Ya know, I just kind of assumed everybody up in Redland already got this. Sorry for the over-site Rick. :p Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Rick. :yes: 

Frubals: 3166
Reverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network
Reverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television networkReverend Rick is seeking investors for 'The Frubal Channel' television network

I especially like where we should keep and eye on veterans.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Lindsey-Loo Offline
Title:Steel Magnolia

Frubals: 195
Lindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorryLindsey-Loo is flattered, but likes your frubals as just friends...  not THAT way - sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspug View Post
Wait, when did being pro-state rights become an extreme viewpoint? I always assumed that was called being an American?
Yes, indeed. I was wondering that myself. Didn't we fight a war over the goverment trying to take away states' rights back in 1860?
Ya'll oughta stop talking
Start trying to catch up
Old 04-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Smoke Offline
Title:Done here.
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: You have achieved over 10,000 posts at RF. Congratulations!! 

Frubals: 3290
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey-Loo View Post
Didn't we fight a war over the goverment trying to take away states' rights back in 1860?
Uh ... you lost that war, babe.

"If you don't believe that Puerto Rican Americans ought to be able to get married in this country, you are a bigot. If you don't think African Americans should be allowed in the military, you are a bigot. If you think it ought to be legal to refuse to hire Asian Americans, you are a bigot. And in case you're missing the point, there's only one group in America against whom the bigots are winning in all three areas."
-Michael Dixon
Old 04-14-2009, 11:01 PM
J Bryson Offline
Religion: Unitarian Universalist
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 350
J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.

They mostly seemed to be talking about the McVeigh types, who we may see a resurgence of in response to the moderate-liberal swing of the majority of the voting public.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Smoke Offline
Title:Done here.
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: You have achieved over 10,000 posts at RF. Congratulations!! 

Frubals: 3290
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals

Anyway, Rick, it seems to me that what goes around, comes around. You weren't at all bothered by domestic spying when you thought it was just targeting liberals.

"If you don't believe that Puerto Rican Americans ought to be able to get married in this country, you are a bigot. If you don't think African Americans should be allowed in the military, you are a bigot. If you think it ought to be legal to refuse to hire Asian Americans, you are a bigot. And in case you're missing the point, there's only one group in America against whom the bigots are winning in all three areas."
-Michael Dixon
Old 04-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Mathematician Offline
Religion: Philosophy
Title:Reason, and reason again
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This was given to you by your peers based on the numerous, quality thread you have created. 

Frubals: 622
Mathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspug View Post

Edit: I just realized that's a blog, so I'm not going to take it too seriously. Obviously, they are NOT targeting conservatives and libertarians in general, but are referring to 'far-right' views like white-power groups, anarchists,militia men, etc. Honestly, I doubt Homeland Security would prefer this to be news. Don't we want ANY fringe group to be monitored for our own protection?

Federal agency warns of radicals on right - Washington Times
Since when were anarchists right-wing?
‎"Love is a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."
Old 04-14-2009, 11:15 PM
Mathematician Offline
Religion: Philosophy
Title:Reason, and reason again
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This was given to you by your peers based on the numerous, quality thread you have created. 

Frubals: 622
Mathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economyMathematician has enough frubals to bail out RF's economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke View Post
Uh ... you lost that war, babe.
Lol.

And thank God, too! Sorry, Lee fans. Chattel slavery is more objectionable than "larger government."
‎"Love is a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable."