Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates / North American Politics
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Father Heathen Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Libertarian
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For creating over 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 2666
Father Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacle
Father Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacle

Don't play coy and pretend to be shocked. They're not saying that everyone who believes such things are terrorists, but that those are issues that domestic terrorism is often committed in the name of. You know, like neo-nazi separatists who bomb federal buildings, black churches and abortion clinics,for example. So obviously those would be areas of interest if you're trying to keep an eye out for potential terrorism. Unless of course you're claiming that such acts actually reflect the sentiments of your average conservative. Just like environmental issues could be a hotbed for terrorism. It would be totally silly to suggest those concerned about the enviroment to be potential terrorists, but it would also be silly to deny that there have been etremist who've burned things in "defense" of animals and enviroment.

Last edited by Father Heathen; 04-15-2009 at 02:11 PM..
Old 04-15-2009, 03:43 PM
idea Offline
Religion: CoJCoLDS
Title:Respected Member

Frubals: 244
idea thinks your frubals look fakeidea thinks your frubals look fakeidea thinks your frubals look fakeidea thinks your frubals look fakeidea thinks your frubals look fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomspug View Post
Wait, when did being pro-state rights become an extreme viewpoint?
I am living with a bunch of "extremists" then...
Texas Gov. Reaffirms State Sovereignty
Texas Secede!

of coarse I do not think that we are the extremists, I think they are. Ya'll come down and join us if things get to bad up thar, ya hear?
John 8:32
Old 04-15-2009, 03:46 PM
Zephyr Offline
Religion: Booze and Smokes
Title:Moved on

Frubals: 488
Zephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lotZephyr is sleepy because, frankly, your frubals snore a lot

Welp, welcome to the club. We Heathens made it to the list 9 years ago.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Father Heathen Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Libertarian
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For creating over 10,000 posts 

Frubals: 2666
Father Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacle
Father Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacleFather Heathen is a frubal receptacle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
I am living with a bunch of "extremists" then...
Texas Gov. Reaffirms State Sovereignty
Texas Secede!

of coarse I do not think that we are the extremists, I think they are. Ya'll come down and join us if things get to bad up thar, ya hear?
I wouldn't mind allowing Texas to secede from the union and form it's own sovereign nation if the rest of the religious conservative nutjobs in the country all moved there.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:34 PM
Smoke Offline
Title:Done here.
Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: You have achieved over 10,000 posts at RF. Congratulations!! 

Frubals: 3290
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals
Smoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubalsSmoke annoys people by trying to boss around their frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Heathen View Post
I wouldn't mind allowing Texas to secede from the union and form it's own sovereign nation if the rest of the religious conservative nutjobs in the country all moved there.
Sounds okay to me.

"If you don't believe that Puerto Rican Americans ought to be able to get married in this country, you are a bigot. If you don't think African Americans should be allowed in the military, you are a bigot. If you think it ought to be legal to refuse to hire Asian Americans, you are a bigot. And in case you're missing the point, there's only one group in America against whom the bigots are winning in all three areas."
-Michael Dixon
Old 04-16-2009, 12:15 AM
Sunstone Offline
Religion: Nature
Title:De Diablo Del Fora
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Link Exchange project Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: That's enough to fill a book! Congratulations! 

Frubals: 7269
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

The Daily Doubter: Michelle Malkin haunted by her lack of principles

Rick, if you want to read an analysis of the DHS report and the reaction of some conservatives to it, that's a pretty good one.

Certainty is a mind killer -- Debater Slayer

The most precious thing in life is its uncertainty. -- Kenko

It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them. -- Edward de Bono
Old 04-17-2009, 04:39 PM
zippythepinhead Offline
Religion: LDS
Title:Your Tax Dollars At Work

Frubals: 86
zippythepinhead says every time your read this, God slaps another frubalzippythepinhead says every time your read this, God slaps another frubal

I'm a terrorist? Quick hide me from Abdul Ali Mohammed Yousef the Evangelical Christian
Old 04-17-2009, 04:49 PM
J Bryson Offline
Religion: Unitarian Universalist
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 350
J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippythepinhead View Post
I'm a terrorist? Quick hide me from Abdul Ali Mohammed Yousef the Evangelical Christian
Ah, the fine fresh scent of using racial stereotypes to make a point.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:59 PM
zippythepinhead Offline
Religion: LDS
Title:Your Tax Dollars At Work

Frubals: 86
zippythepinhead says every time your read this, God slaps another frubalzippythepinhead says every time your read this, God slaps another frubal

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Bryson View Post
Ah, the fine fresh scent of using racial stereotypes to make a point.
Ye have NO sense of humor.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:09 AM
J Bryson Offline
Religion: Unitarian Universalist
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 350
J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.J Bryson finds that trying to house-train frubals can be frustrating, and they don't get along well with the goats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippythepinhead View Post
Ye have NO sense of humor.
My deepest apologies. Maybe I just didn't understand the joke. Could you explain it?