Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates / North American Politics
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2013, 09:02 AM
Apex's Avatar
Apex Offline
Religion: LDS
Title:Somewhere Around Nothing
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: US South West
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,384
Frubals: 425
Apex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceApex has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplace
Default Wealth Inequality in America: Viral Video

Pretty good youtube video on the wealth inequality in America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKK...layer_embedded


Not sure why the youtube tags aren't working...
__________________
My Blog
"Knowledge is not very far"
Flaw - Worlds Divide

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 AM
MysticSang'ha's Avatar
MysticSang'ha Offline
Religion: Keisaku
Title:Big Squishy Hugger
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Congrats! Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your excellent skills in debating different topics Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Here, now quit whining. (:p) 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trampolines of love
Gender: Female
Posts: 24,246
Frubals: 3813
MysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the cat
MysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the catMysticSang'ha crumples frubals into a wad to hurl at the cat
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Pretty good youtube video on the wealth inequality in America:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKK...layer_embedded


Not sure why the youtube tags aren't working...
I thought it was excellent. Thanks for sharing, and I'm likely going to share it on my FB wall later today.
__________________
Love you all. Peace out.

No one gets ahead by holding another back. - Reverend Rick
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,065
Frubals: 2868
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Default

It's to be expected that the bottom 90% would like to see the top 10% transfer wealth to them in the name of fairness.
Their idea of "fair" (according to the chart) leaves most of the the wealthy with very little more than the middle class.
I doubt that we'd ever achieve that kind of redistribution, since it would sap the will to work hard & take risks.
__________________
Does anyone have a spare signature?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 AM
tytlyf's Avatar
tytlyf Offline
Religion: Nous
Title:Uber Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: FL-USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,078
Frubals: 63
tytlyf thinks frubals grow on treestytlyf thinks frubals grow on trees
Default

__________________
The Minds Eye
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:29 AM
Dirty Penguin's Avatar
Dirty Penguin Offline
Religion: Common Sense
Title:Master Of Ceremony
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your consistent skill in debating different topics. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats!! 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,089
Frubals: 440
Dirty Penguin has to stand on tip-toes to see over this pile of frubalsDirty Penguin has to stand on tip-toes to see over this pile of frubalsDirty Penguin has to stand on tip-toes to see over this pile of frubalsDirty Penguin has to stand on tip-toes to see over this pile of frubalsDirty Penguin has to stand on tip-toes to see over this pile of frubalsDirty Penguin has to stand on tip-toes to see over this pile of frubalsDirty Penguin has to stand on tip-toes to see over this pile of frubals
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytlyf View Post
Yea.. Many of us Dems have been saying this for quite some time. I just talked about this in another thread where someone was advocating getting rid of minimum wage. It was laughable because minimum wage is a joke in this country. It doesn't make sense to get rid of it and even where it is per person isn't enough to live on. It rounds out to less than $14,000 for a person working one minimum wage job "full Time". No wonder those making so little seek Medicaid. It seems they're actually forced to in order to keep working.


Income Inequality Is Not a Myth - Derek Thompson - The Atlantic



sad.....
__________________
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence -

Last edited by Dirty Penguin; 03-04-2013 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Kilgore Trout's Avatar
Kilgore Trout Online!
Religion: Misanthropic Humanist
Title:Ascetic Hedonist
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your innovative and exceptional contributions to the forum Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 20,000 posts,  simultaneously achieving both quality and quantity! 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,681
Frubals: 3892
Kilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling helium
Kilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling heliumKilgore Trout reads frubal comments aloud after inhaling helium
Default

Yes, but these ultra-wealthy people are putting their extra funds back into our economy in the form of hoarding it in offshore accounts and investing in foreign companies. Oh, wait....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 AM
BSM1's Avatar
BSM1 Online!
Religion: Buddheo-Christian
Title:'A' list denier
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: in my mind only
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,156
Frubals: 372
BSM1 forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBSM1 forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBSM1 forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBSM1 forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBSM1 forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBSM1 forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed
Default

I know how much flack I'm going to take for this statement, so save your ammunition. Where in the world did you get the idea that wealth is ever distributed? Wealth is earned, accumulated, inherited, stolen--never distributed. Distribution of wealth means you are going to take from one to give it to another. Be honest in your aim. You want what doesn't belong to you.
Secondly, if you hit the Powerball how much of your money are you willing to give to the "poor". Would you sit down and figure to the penny how much it takes for you to live and "distribute" the rest of you dough? You may not like the wealthy, that's ok, but lets quit blowing smoke up everyone's skirt--you're mostly envious.
Thirdly, how many people do you know that actually work for minimum wage. Minimum wage is mostly for entry level and unskilled workers. If you can't find a job that pays better, then maybe the problem is you.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Reptillian's Avatar
Reptillian Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Hamburgler Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Dakota
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,620
Frubals: 263
Reptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swellingReptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swellingReptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swellingReptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swellingReptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swelling
Default

Aim for a large middle class! Ideal should be Gaussian (Normal) Distribution!! Ghaaaahhh!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Falvlun's Avatar
Falvlun Offline
Religion: Foam on the waves
Title:Earthbending Lemur
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congratulations, Lemur! Here's to many more! 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Mt. Happy
Gender: Undisclosed
Posts: 10,457
Frubals: 882
Falvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubalsFalvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubalsFalvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubalsFalvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubalsFalvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubalsFalvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubalsFalvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubalsFalvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubalsFalvlun certifies that no animals were harmed in the accumulation of these frubals
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
It's to be expected that the bottom 90% would like to see the top 10% transfer wealth to them in the name of fairness.
Their idea of "fair" (according to the chart) leaves most of the the wealthy with very little more than the middle class.
I doubt that we'd ever achieve that kind of redistribution, since it would sap the will to work hard & take risks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSM1 View Post
I know how much flack I'm going to take for this statement, so save your ammunition. Where in the world did you get the idea that wealth is ever distributed? Wealth is earned, accumulated, inherited, stolen--never distributed. Distribution of wealth means you are going to take from one to give it to another. Be honest in your aim. You want what doesn't belong to you.
Secondly, if you hit the Powerball how much of your money are you willing to give to the "poor". Would you sit down and figure to the penny how much it takes for you to live and "distribute" the rest of you dough? You may not like the wealthy, that's ok, but lets quit blowing smoke up everyone's skirt--you're mostly envious.
Thirdly, how many people do you know that actually work for minimum wage. Minimum wage is mostly for entry level and unskilled workers. If you can't find a job that pays better, then maybe the problem is you.
The problem with these sentiments, that dismiss the income gap, or worse, blame the poor people for being poor and praise the rich people for their money-making prowress, is that it ignores that graph in post 5.

The rich have not done anything more than usual in order to earn the greater wealth that is coming their way. They have not had to work harder, be smarter, take more risks, etc. They have simply benefited from the ability to exploit workers, exploit the government (through less regulation and taxes), and the way the stock market works (if you have a lot of money you can make a lot of money in the stock market).

They have distributed the wealth to themselves. They have taken what used to go to the middle class and claimed it for themselves. If distribution can go up, I see no reason why we should consider it theivery or moral bankruptcy to lobby for it to go down as well.
__________________
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo's nest.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,065
Frubals: 2868
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falvlun View Post
The problem with these sentiments, that dismiss the income gap, or worse, blame the poor people for being poor and praise the rich people for their money-making prowress, is that it ignores that graph in post 5.
Oh, no....I'm not dismissing what you say. I'm just not addressing it.

Quote:
The rich have not done anything more than usual in order to earn the greater wealth that is coming their way. They have not had to work harder, be smarter, take more risks, etc. They have simply benefited from the ability to exploit workers, exploit the government (through less regulation and taxes), and the way the stock market works (if you have a lot of money you can make a lot of money in the stock market).
Sounds like you've never built a successful business, so you buy into the Obama line, "...you didn't build that".

Quote:
They have distributed the wealth to themselves. They have taken what used to go to the middle class and claimed it for themselves. If distribution can go up, I see no reason why we should consider it theivery or moral bankruptcy to lobby for it to go down as well.
I'll certainly agree that there are fundamental problems imposed by government which prevent people in the lower income brackets from earning more.

Now, let's check out a rerun....

You Didn't Build That Remix V1.0 - YouTube
__________________
Does anyone have a spare signature?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:01 PM.


Copyright 2014 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.