Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates / North American Politics
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #131  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:14 PM
MysticSang'ha's Avatar
MysticSang'ha Offline
Religion: Keisaku
Title:Big Squishy Hugger
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Congrats! Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your excellent skills in debating different topics Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Here, now quit whining. (:p) 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trampolines of love
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,588
Frubals: 3731
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
I'm sure you question your own sanity at times.
But ya know, there are people who only work 50 hour weeks & they get a paycheck every 2 weeks.
Yes, it's true!
Announcement: We broke into profit in February - 7 months after opening our doors. I bought myself a salad to celebrate, and it was the best tasting salad I'd had in a long time.

I look forward to the day when I can write myself a paycheck if we continue to hit our numbers.
__________________
Love you all. Peace out.

No one gets ahead by holding another back. - Reverend Rick
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Dark Lord Of Bacon
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason: For 40 x 1,000 posts. Or 4 times 10,000 posts, or. . . anyway you slice it, that's a lot of posts!! Congrats Rev!! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 47,540
Frubals: 2672
Revoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacle
Revoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacleRevoltingest is a frubal receptacle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticSang'ha View Post
Announcement: We broke into profit in February - 7 months after opening our doors. I bought myself a salad to celebrate, and it was the best tasting salad I'd had in a long time.
I look forward to the day when I can write myself a paycheck if we continue to hit our numbers.
If things get rough, you could just stop paying the dancers.
(They're used to that, I hear.)

Don't hit!
Just kidding!
__________________
Willie's accusing finger points at thee!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Alceste's Avatar
Alceste Offline
Religion: Taoish
Title:Vagabond
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats!! SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of The Silver Tongue: Awarded to a true wordsmith. A master at cleverly expressing themselves to great effect - Issue reason: For always being able to effectively express yourself. 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: All over.
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,784
Frubals: 2556
Alceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stains
Alceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stains
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
I'll dress up like a rich businessman and munificently allow you to admire my god-like superiority and worship my aura of moral perfection.
Then you'll rob us blind with "service charges", steal our house and stash the spoils in the the Caymans to avoid funding the grant programs that support us with your taxes.

I'm onto you!
__________________
"We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. One day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring." ~ MLK
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Kilgore Trout's Avatar
Kilgore Trout Offline
Religion: Misanthropic Humanist
Title:Ascetic Hedonist
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your innovative and exceptional contributions to the forum Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 20,000 posts,  simultaneously achieving both quality and quantity! 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 20,980
Frubals: 3770
Kilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal tree
Kilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal treeKilgore Trout bought an axe to chop down a frubal tree
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alceste View Post
Then you'll rob us blind with "service charges", steal our house and stash the spoils in the the Caymans to avoid funding the grant programs that support us with your taxes.

I'm onto you!
But here, I give you FOXNEWS! It will gradually teach you to rabidly stand up for me, and stand against your own interests, through the clever and consistent use of shameless lying and IQ-draining rhetoric.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Dirty Penguin's Avatar
Dirty Penguin Offline
Religion: Common Sense
Title:Master Of Ceremony
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your consistent skill in debating different topics. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats!! 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,619
Frubals: 427
Dirty Penguin has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceDirty Penguin has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceDirty Penguin has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceDirty Penguin has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceDirty Penguin has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceDirty Penguin has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplaceDirty Penguin has several frubals mounted on the wall over the fireplace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticSang'ha View Post
Announcement: We broke into profit in February - 7 months after opening our doors. I bought myself a salad to celebrate, and it was the best tasting salad I'd had in a long time.

I look forward to the day when I can write myself a paycheck if we continue to hit our numbers.
If you claim that salad as a business expense you might be able to write it off on your taxes....
__________________
And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence -
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
MysticSang'ha's Avatar
MysticSang'ha Offline
Religion: Keisaku
Title:Big Squishy Hugger
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Congrats! Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your excellent skills in debating different topics Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Here, now quit whining. (:p) 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trampolines of love
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,588
Frubals: 3731
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Penguin View Post
If you claim that salad as a business expense you might be able to write it off on your taxes....
Well, I was on my way from a supply run to a company rehearsal...
__________________
Love you all. Peace out.

No one gets ahead by holding another back. - Reverend Rick
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Alceste's Avatar
Alceste Offline
Religion: Taoish
Title:Vagabond
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats!! SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of The Silver Tongue: Awarded to a true wordsmith. A master at cleverly expressing themselves to great effect - Issue reason: For always being able to effectively express yourself. 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: All over.
Gender: Female
Posts: 22,784
Frubals: 2556
Alceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stains
Alceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stainsAlceste isn't convinced that just wiping frubals with a damp cloth - like the tag says - will be enough to get out the stains
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
But here, I give you FOXNEWS! It will gradually teach you to rabidly stand up for me, and stand against your own interests, through the clever and consistent use of shameless lying and IQ-draining rhetoric.
Intelligence... dropping... can't fight it.... aaaaargh...

Entitlement mentality! Job creators! Tax is theft! Big government! Abortion is murder! Socialism everywhere! Obama's birth certificate! Bluuuuurgh!

Excuse me, I think I need to go to church now to be told what to do about my newfound political anxieties.
__________________
"We are called upon to help the discouraged beggars in life's marketplace. One day we must come to see that an edifice which produces beggars needs restructuring." ~ MLK
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 PM
MysticSang'ha's Avatar
MysticSang'ha Offline
Religion: Keisaku
Title:Big Squishy Hugger
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: The kindness award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Congrats! Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason: For your excellent skills in debating different topics Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions to the forum over the years. Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason: Here, now quit whining. (:p) 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Trampolines of love
Gender: Female
Posts: 23,588
Frubals: 3731
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
MysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal headsMysticSang'ha looks forward to frubal season and a wall full of stuffed frubal heads
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
If things get rough, you could just stop paying the dancers.
(They're used to that, I hear.)

Don't hit!
Just kidding!
LOL. I knew you were kidding.
__________________
Love you all. Peace out.

No one gets ahead by holding another back. - Reverend Rick
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 03-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Reptillian's Avatar
Reptillian Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Hamburgler Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: South Dakota
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,582
Frubals: 261
Reptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swellingReptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swellingReptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swellingReptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swellingReptillian regrets ignoring warnings that too many frubals cause redness and swelling
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
Wait...I thought the direction of conversation was predicated on non-constitutional actions (deporting rich folk).
Certainly not. There's some sound philosophical reasoning and historical precedence (these ideas work) behind our constitution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
Not really. The permanently poor lack drive & skills to bootstrap themselves into productive membership in a highly technological society.
They would be survived by the non-poor, ie, useful citizens. But of course, there would be a continuous influx of useless people, so the
deportation would be an ongoing program.
I agree that lifting themselves up by their own bootstraps would require an imaginary tensile strength and is impossible by Newtonian standards. Who's to say that the poor are "useless" perhaps we just need to restructure our society a bit. I mean, if convicts can make license plates and pick up roadside trash; then surely the very poor have latent skills which can be utilized. Free (*gasp* socialized) higher education is one way in which our society could improve. In the modern "Information Age" I have a hard time believing that this couldn't be accomplished easily for a very small price. Hell, if we can waste trillions killing brown people in Iraqighanistan, then we can spend a couple billion to give the poor a free education and a chance at upward mobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
Feudal? Hah! No, we must abandon socialism which encourages sloth & reliance on government largess.
Capitalism is very feudal! What are CEO's, supervisors, and bosses but the modern equivalent of land owners, knights, and noblemen? Although I admit that humans, (since they're great apes) naturally seem to prefer a kind of hierarchical social structure with prominent social members and authority figures.

Do the bees and ants complain about the evils of socialism? Do the cells composing your entity complain that communism is crushing them? They're part of something greater than themselves and by cooperating they accomplish more than any individual could ever hope to. I'm not advocating that we become complete socialists or communists, just that we find avenues in which these world views improve our quality of life. Capitalism is to feudalism as communism is to democracy...the problem I think is that most communist societies lack a system of economic checks and balances, and thus result in dictatorships and tyranny.

(I think biology and statistical mechanics could have some interesting things to say about economic theory...I'm a physicist by training, but an interdisciplinary scientist at heart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
There is merit in that. But we see many governmental barriers to poor folk entering the business world, eg, regulatory barriers to entry,
incomprehensible regulation, subsidies which punish them for boosting their income. Tis as though bureaucrats & politicians want people
to be either an employee or on the dole. The poor need more opportunity & less punishment by government.
That's another problem with innate human thinking. We lump things into categories, then relate those categories. Our government needs to embrace shades of gray. Perhaps we need to stop thinking so globally and start thinking locally.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
dust1n's Avatar
dust1n Offline
Religion: Post-Anarchism
Title:Zindīq
Shield of The Renaissance Man: Awarded to a real polymath, a person with many talents or interests who contributes greatly to a wide range of discussions and debates - Issue reason: Your contributions to various topics over the years. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 10,000 Posts 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 14,417
Frubals: 1815
dust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerels
dust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerelsdust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerelsdust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerelsdust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerelsdust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerelsdust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerelsdust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerelsdust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerelsdust1n challenges your frubals to a duel using mackerels
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoltingest View Post
You run with a strange crowd. Of all the multi-millionaires I personally know, all got there by smarts, hard work & risk taking.
:shrugg:

I guess we can conclude then that...

Quote:
But in all seriousness, this will not be reconciled. You're a socialist (since you post in the Socialist DIR).
And I'm a capitalist. We have very different goals for society.
BTW, I don't actually advocate running rich people out of the country.
__________________
Quotations are useful in periods of ignorance or obscurantist beliefs.- Guy Debord
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Copyright 2014 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.