Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates / North American Politics
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 12:33 PM
Religion: Unitarian
Title:Awesome Member

Frubals: 677
Trey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroom
Default Republican Sabotage?

Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy?

Quote:
In recent days, Democrats have started coming out and saying publicly what many have been mumbling privately for years Republicans are so intent on defeating President Obama for re-election that they are purposely sabotaging the country's economic recovery. These charges are now being levied by Democrats such as Senate majority leader Harry Reid and Obama's key political adviser, David Axelrod.

For Democrats, perhaps the most obvious piece of evidence of GOP premeditated malice is the 2010 quote from Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell:
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
Such words lead some to the conclusion that Republicans will do anything, including short-circuiting the economy, in order to hurt Obama politically. Considering that presidents and rarely opposition parties are held electorally responsible for economic calamity, it's not a bad political strategy.
Well, what do you think? Are the republicans actively hurting the country in order to make Obama look bad? Even if all they are doing is refusing to work with Dems it is still allowing the country to suffer and for what? Spite? Power and Control? Have politicians ever cared about the country instead of their own gains?

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."
~ Rene Descartes
Old 06-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Sunstone Online!
Religion: Nature
Title:De Diablo Del Fora
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Link Exchange project Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: That's enough to fill a book! Congratulations! 

Frubals: 7272
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey of Diamonds View Post
Are the republicans actively hurting the country in order to make Obama look bad?
Does a duck like water?

Certainty is a mind killer -- Debater Slayer

The most precious thing in life is its uncertainty. -- Kenko

It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them. -- Edward de Bono
Old 06-13-2012, 12:36 PM
shahz Online!
Religion: Zoroastrian
Title:qualiaphile

Frubals: 221
shahz eats frubals for breakfastshahz eats frubals for breakfastshahz eats frubals for breakfastshahz eats frubals for breakfastshahz eats frubals for breakfast

I think yes, they have. Probably the most incompetent, spiteful, war hungry people are republican politicians. So many bills were just deadlocked. America's pretty much doomed with these whackos in power, and that's the main reason it's power is waning. Oh not to mention most of them believe science is faulty and flawed and that the earth is 6000 years old, LOL.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:37 PM
Seyorni Online!
Religion: Vedanta
Title:Hallowed Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Fot 10,000 posts. Congrats Sey! 

Frubals: 2011
Seyorni is a hit at kids' parties with 'pin the tail on the frubal'Seyorni is a hit at kids' parties with 'pin the tail on the frubal'
Seyorni is a hit at kids' parties with 'pin the tail on the frubal'

Unemployment and economic depression are political wins for Republicans.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:38 PM
lunakilo Offline
Religion: between religions
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 163
lunakilo isn't quite sure why frubals always leave a ring in the tublunakilo isn't quite sure why frubals always leave a ring in the tublunakilo isn't quite sure why frubals always leave a ring in the tublunakilo isn't quite sure why frubals always leave a ring in the tub

Quote:
For Democrats, perhaps the most obvious piece of evidence of GOP premeditated malice is the 2010 quote from Senate minority leader, Mitch McConnell:
"The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president."
Well it would be strange if the Republicans WANTED him to be a two-term president woulden't it?
Old 06-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Sunstone Online!
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: Link Exchange project Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: That's enough to fill a book! Congratulations! 

Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
Sunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestSunstone lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunakilo View Post
Well it would be strange if the Republicans WANTED him to be a two-term president woulden't it?
Agreed. However, the statement in question would seem to go beyond your apparent interpretation.

It has always surprised me how little attention philosophers have paid to humor, since it is a more significant process of mind than reason. Reason can only sort out perceptions, but the humor process is involved in changing them. -- Edward de Bono
Old 06-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Daemon Sophic Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Avatar in flux

Frubals: 142
Daemon Sophic writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceDaemon Sophic writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceDaemon Sophic writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunakilo View Post
True. But you miss the point.

Call me crazy, but I would have thought that the single most important thing for the republicans to achieve would have been to create jobs, secure our borders, and generally make the lives of the American populus as good as they can while they are in office.
At least that is what they told the public.

Paul Weyrich - "I don't want everybody to vote" (Goo Goo) - YouTube

As for the title of the thread....Republican sabotage....
....at this point in the game, I think it is completely fair to dust off the term "Treason".
Old 06-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Sunstone Online!

I think some of the Republican leadership might have gone off the deep end and, in doing so, come to see Obama as something along the lines of evil incarnate. Alternately, maybe they're just obeying their masters -- the uber rich individuals and corporations that pretty much own them.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Religion: Unitarian
Title:Awesome Member

Frubals: 677
Trey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroomTrey of Diamonds keeps framed pictures of frubals plastered all over the hall to the bathroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstone View Post
I think some of the Republican leadership might have gone off the deep end and, in doing so, come to see Obama as something along the lines of evil incarnate. Alternately, maybe they're just obeying their masters -- the uber rich individuals and corporations that pretty much own them.
You know, one of the scariest thoughts for me is that many of them believe what they are saying. Politicians lying to get elected is one thing, wild eyed fanatics is altogether something else.

"If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things."
~ Rene Descartes
Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 AM
Storm Offline
Religion: Rogue Panentheist/ UU
Title:Proud Queer
Shield of Valour: Awarded for heroic and decisive victory in the battlefield of debate - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason:  Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason: That's a lot of posts! 

Frubals: 2084
Storm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirlsStorm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirls
Storm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirlsStorm just wants to tickle your frubals until they giggle like schoolgirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey of Diamonds View Post
You know, one of the scariest thoughts for me is that many of them believe what they are saying. Politicians lying to get elected is one thing, wild eyed fanatics is altogether something else.
Absolutely true.

Check out my shiny new blog, Knitting In Church!