Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / The Political World / Liberal Only
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Mister_T Offline
Religion: Agnostic
Title:Forum Relic
Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For long years of valuable contributions to this forum. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1529
Mister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlords
Mister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlordsMister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlordsMister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlordsMister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlordsMister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlordsMister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlordsMister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlordsMister_T , for one, welcomes our new frubal overlords

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlue
No, you're not the only one. I've been sick of them since day one
Same here. Although I am at a loss for words as to why at the moment.

I'll have to get back to you on that.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
9-10ths_Penguin Offline
Religion: Hug Universalist
Title:1/10 البطريق
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason:  Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Tolerance Award:  - Issue reason:  Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: For getting 30,000 Posts SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of The Silver Tongue: Awarded to a true wordsmith. A master at cleverly expressing themselves to great effect - Issue reason: For always being able to effectively express yourself. 

Frubals: 3125
9-10ths_Penguin wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a time9-10ths_Penguin wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a time9-10ths_Penguin wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a time
9-10ths_Penguin wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a time9-10ths_Penguin wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a time9-10ths_Penguin wants the laws changed so you can frubal more than one person at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercy Not Sacrifice View Post
Am I the only one who is getting sick and tired of those damn Chevy ads where they sing, in this gleaming patriotic/country song, "This is our country"? BS!!
Actually, the parts of the song that don't appear in the commercial are good example of left-leaning patriotism:

Quote:
Well I can stand beside
Ideals I think are right
And I can stand beside
The idea to stand and fight
I do believe
There's a dream for everyone
This is our country

There's room enough here
For science to live
And there's room enough here
For religion to forgive
And try to understand
All the people of this land
This is our country

From the east coast
To the west coast
Down the Dixie Highway
Back home
This is our country

That poverty could be
Just another ugly thing
And bigotry would be
Seen only as obscene
And the ones that run this land
Help the poor and common man
This is our country

From the east coast
To the west coast
Down the Dixie Highway
Back home
This is our country

The dream is still alive
Some day it will come true
And this country it belongs
To folks like me and you
So let the voice of freedom
Sing out through this land
This is our country

From the east coast
To the west coast
Down the Dixie Highway
Back home
This is our country

From the east coast
To the west coast
Down the Dixie Highway
Back home
This is our country
Personally, I find using this song to sell trucks to the Bible Belt/Red State demographic kinda funny, in the same way that I find it funny that they also use the song Diamonds and Guns by the Transplants to sell shampoo. I think that most of the folks buying the product don't get the reference.