Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Abrahamic Religions DIR / Christianity DIR / Christian Denominations DIR / Liberal Christianity DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Thirza Fallen Offline
Religion: Universalist Christian
Title:Junior Member

Frubals: 48
Thirza Fallen yanked your frubals the wedgie of their lives last night, so they may be a little limpy
Default Raising kids to be a liberal Christian

It seems to be hard to find resources for parents trying to raise a Christian liberal child. Everything is geared toward more conservative Christianity. I need something else. Help!
Old 09-19-2013, 08:10 PM
Brickjectivity Offline
Religion: hope
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 204
Brickjectivity feels the government should give frubals to the poorBrickjectivity feels the government should give frubals to the poorBrickjectivity feels the government should give frubals to the poorBrickjectivity feels the government should give frubals to the poorBrickjectivity feels the government should give frubals to the poor

I don't know but will toss out some ideas. Check with local home-school groups for regular activity meets. Start a local group on Find Meetup groups near you - Meetup to meet other families with similar interests.

Check out these links to see what other people are doing and talking about:
Raising Quaker Children in a Non-Quaker World | Quaker Parenting Project
A Free Religious Resource For Anglican/Episcopalian Homeschoolers | The Parenting Passageway
Should my kids go to a Unitarian Universalist church? - religion atheism parenting | Ask MetaFilter
Where do liberal minded Christians go to church? | CafeMom Answers
Old 09-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Heim Offline
Title:Sophomore Member

Frubals: 14
Heim will work for frubals

A quick Google search gave me this: ProgressiveChristianity.org seems to have a 'children's curriculum'. Those aren't free resources though. But maybe some libraries have the curriculum?

ProgressiveChristianity.org Welcome
Old 09-29-2013, 05:11 PM
Thirza Fallen Offline

Thirza Fallen yanked your frubals the wedgie of their lives last night, so they may be a little limpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofu View Post
A quick Google search gave me this: ProgressiveChristianity.org seems to have a 'children's curriculum'. Those aren't free resources though. But maybe some libraries have the curriculum?

ProgressiveChristianity.org Welcome
Thanks! I don't know how I overlooked this!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Katzpur Offline
Religion: Latter-day Saint
Title:Hangs around real Mormons
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason:  Shield of 20,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 20,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 2595
Katzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsKatzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubals
Katzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsKatzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsKatzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsKatzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsKatzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsKatzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsKatzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubalsKatzpur never realized there was so much danger from second-hand frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirza Fallen View Post
It seems to be hard to find resources for parents trying to raise a Christian liberal child. Everything is geared toward more conservative Christianity. I need something else. Help!
Just a quick word of advise, Thirza... I have learned through experience that it's pretty hard to raise a Christian liberal child, a Christian conservative child, an LDS Christian child, a Catholic Christian child, etc. etc. etc. In the end, your child will become what he chooses to be. Your best bet would be to teach by example, and hope for the best.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 AM
Thirza Fallen Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Just a quick word of advise, Thirza... I have learned through experience that it's pretty hard to raise a Christian liberal child, a Christian conservative child, an LDS Christian child, a Catholic Christian child, etc. etc. etc. In the end, your child will become what he chooses to be. Your best bet would be to teach by example, and hope for the best.
I like that! Thanks!