Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Left-Hand Path Religions DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 11:57 PM
crossfire Offline
Religion: nebulous mystic
Title:lazycop-out heretic troll
Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: For exceptional representation of the beliefs you hold. 

Frubals: 540
crossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors of Perception View Post
Jesus was a rather decent Luciferian .
Was he evil? Was there apt reason for the folks of his time to crucify him? Who were the evil ones in that case?
Bring your cookies here! The Cookie Cult
Old 03-05-2013, 07:48 AM
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 312
The Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal licker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
Was he evil? Was there apt reason for the folks of his time to crucify him? Who were the evil ones in that case?
What?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:07 AM
The Sum of Awe Offline
Religion: Esotericism
Title:Realitarian
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

Frubals: 727
The Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIX View Post
Have you ever met anyone who is continually contrary just for the sake of being contrary?

That's one lame life goal.
Hipsters? Yes, they are annoying. Being unique is too mainstream

"I needn't explain my beliefs, they're all around me."
"What helps you sleep at night, might not let you wake up."
The Sum of Awe

"The universe begins to look more and more like a great thought than a great machine." James Jeans
Old 03-05-2013, 11:03 AM
crossfire Offline
Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: For exceptional representation of the beliefs you hold. 

crossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a monthcrossfire accidentally swallowed too many frubals and couldn't chicken dance for a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors of Perception View Post
What?
Getting back to the topic of the thread: Do you have to be evil to be LHP?
Old 03-05-2013, 11:12 AM
Gjallarhorn Offline
Religion: To Be Determined
Title:N'yog-Sothep
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For your extensive reading and knowledge about different topics 

Frubals: 917
Gjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societyGjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societyGjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societyGjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societyGjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societyGjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societyGjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societyGjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of societyGjallarhorn overcame a strong case of frubalphobia and is now almost a productive member of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sum of Awe View Post
Hipsters? Yes, they are annoying. Being unique is too mainstream
5 Reasons Why Anticonformity Is Worse Than Conformity | Cracked.com
Old 03-05-2013, 11:22 AM
The Sum of Awe Offline
Religion: Esotericism
Title:Realitarian
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

Frubals: 727
The Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pileThe Sum of Awe thought the squash tasted funny that year we put frubals in the compost pile

You showed me that before, thus it is so yesterday

"I needn't explain my beliefs, they're all around me."
"What helps you sleep at night, might not let you wake up."
The Sum of Awe

"The universe begins to look more and more like a great thought than a great machine." James Jeans
Old 03-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Shyanekh Offline
Religion: Dark Pagan/Demonolater
Title:Devil's Advocate

Frubals: 533
Shyanekh is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsShyanekh is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsShyanekh is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsShyanekh is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsShyanekh is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsShyanekh is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsShyanekh is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubalsShyanekh is saving for surgery to lift these saggy frubals

Quote:
Getting back to the topic of the thread: Do you have to be evil to be LHP?
No matter whether you're LHP, RHP, middle path or none of the above you will almost inevitably do/think/believe something that somebody considers evil. It's all a matter of perspective.

In regards to more "classically evil" acts including, but not limited to, breaking the law in a serious way my own perspective is somewhat pragmatic. What do you expect to gain and is it worth the risk? I know of some fringe LHP groups (whose existence beyond the odd bit of internet propaganda is up for debate) who actively encourage law breaking and "evil" acts in order to transcend societal taboos. I can't say this is something I find particularly clever though, to my mind if you want to take charge of your life then self preservation ranks much more highly than taboo breaking.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:55 PM
crossfire Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyanekh View Post
No matter whether you're LHP, RHP, middle path or none of the above you will almost inevitably do/think/believe something that somebody considers evil. It's all a matter of perspective.
Agreed.

Quote:
In regards to more "classically evil" acts including, but not limited to, breaking the law in a serious way my own perspective is somewhat pragmatic. What do you expect to gain and is it worth the risk? I know of some fringe LHP groups (whose existence beyond the odd bit of internet propaganda is up for debate) who actively encourage law breaking and "evil" acts in order to transcend societal taboos. I can't say this is something I find particularly clever though, to my mind if you want to take charge of your life then self preservation ranks much more highly than taboo breaking.
A little discernment goes a long way when breaking taboos. Some societal taboos are actually silly and cause people to be silly. These taboos are a hindrance--breaking them can be enlightening. Other taboos are taboo for good reason--breaking them can lead to a lack of discernment and be detrimental to your mind. Again, a little discernment can go a long way.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 312
The Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal licker

I'm still confused on the fact people believe that this "evil" objectively exists.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM
Mindmaster Offline
Religion: I <3 Satan
Title:Junior Member

Frubals: 90
Mindmaster gargles with frubalsMindmaster gargles with frubals

Quote:
Well, he did use a lot of metaphors like, "You are like whitewashed tombs, which appear beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead menís bones and every impurity." He constantly pointed towards the inward path of transformation. You can be adversarial and such all you like, but if you don't do the inner work, how does that LHP differ from the RHP that doesn't focus on the inner work as well?
Perhaps to clarify... It is hard saying what Jesus meant or even if he ever existed. In Hebrew "Jesus" is merely adding a letter to "Jehovah" and not so much a name as an apparent title. There are currently debates to whether he or Moses in fact existed at all since unlike several other important figures there are no other historical records besides the bible documenting that fact. Much of the parables are contradictory so cherry picking them is relatively worthless; there are nearly countless examples of this but I will refrain from doing that here. Christianity and its right handed path methods are due to how it is practised and not anything to do with what some guy did two-thousand years back. Theoretically, you can repackage any mythology into a LHP practice but at least in the case of Christianity I think you would be opposing some seriously defining tenets which may invalidate your association with the rest of them and thus become something completely different.

Dogma is a large part of what places you in one direction or another; the left-handed path lacking any at all even when it seems as such. A Theistic Satanist or Setian do not merely believe something others have told them they investigate it. While they may in fact have a devotional component and active worship mechanism there is a process of discovery not blind faith or trust. This is the key difference... We arrive at a spiritual path through a logical and methodical investigation of the subject not merely trusting peers or relying on ancient and probably false histories or mythologies. When we find one component false or incorrect the LHP jettisons it like a bad suit that quickly went out of fashion. We're mostly about the truth of the matter, but realize what is true is based on the input one has to evaluate and is subject to change as more information accrues. How the LHP practitioner conceives of the universe is largely framed in terms of their own journey rather than what they have been told. Personally, I speak a little more about my experiences but mostly in an effort to share my observations not because I expect others to believe them. Most here approach it this way as well..