Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Left-Hand Path Religions DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2012, 12:11 PM
-Peacemaker- Offline
Religion: Evangelical
Title:.45 Cal

Frubals: 107
-Peacemaker- hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around-Peacemaker- hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around-Peacemaker- hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around
Default Why do Satanists use upside down crosses?

Why do Satanists use upside down crosses if they don't even believe Jesus/Yahweh exist?
Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Gjallarhorn Offline
Religion: To Be Determined
Title:N'yog-Sothep
Shield of Research: Awarded for meticulous attention to detail and comprehensive reading around a subject - Issue reason: For your extensive reading and knowledge about different topics 

Frubals: 909
Gjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more senseGjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more senseGjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more senseGjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more senseGjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more senseGjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more senseGjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more senseGjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more senseGjallarhorn wonders whether buying frubals outright our signing a long-term lease makes more sense

Because Satanism is a reaction to Christianity, and therefore mocking it makes perfect sense.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Adramelek Offline
Religion: Left-Hand Path
Title:Setian

Frubals: 281
Adramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the table

I am first and foremost a Setian and therefore I have no use for the inverted cross as christianity holds no meaning for me, mocking it serves no purpose. However, as I am also in a remote region of my black heart still a Satanist the inverted cross symbolizes for me the concept of the denial of Christ as savior and the love and exaltation of Self as true savior. Where the "fall" of man is actually his rise towards divinity, and a world in which up is down, left is right, evil is good, and dark is light.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe,
whose eyes are the Face of the Sun and the Dark Fire of Set."
- The Word of Set

Last edited by Adramelek; 03-12-2012 at 12:46 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Kori Houghton Offline
Religion: Not religious
Title:Restricted

Frubals: 1852
Kori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubals
Kori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsKori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsKori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsKori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsKori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsKori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsKori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsKori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubalsKori Houghton almost passed out from the smell of stale frubals

The cross is a two dimensional representation of a cube, like the pattern used to make a very simple box. It is a geometrical symbol, like the pentagram or hexagram. There is a current fad in jewelry -- which I guess most here being guys don't know about -- that is a sideways cross in a bracelet or choker necklace. Dunno about its metaphysical symbolism, but am guessing it is just trend following for the majority of wearers. Just like an upside down cross was a goth accessory, rather than a statement of belief in Satan, for many who wore one.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Shadow Wolf Online!
Religion: Cooper-ism
Title:Purple Haze
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your constant and valuable contributions to the forum through the years Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1155
Shadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubals
Shadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubalsShadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubalsShadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubalsShadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubals

Quote:
The cross is a two dimensional representation of a cube, like the pattern used to make a very simple box. It is a geometrical symbol, like the pentagram or hexagram. There is a current fad in jewelry -- which I guess most here being guys don't know about -- that is a sideways cross in a bracelet or choker necklace. Dunno about its metaphysical symbolism, but am guessing it is just trend following for the majority of wearers. Just like an upside down cross was a goth accessory, rather than a statement of belief in Satan, for many who wore one.
I curious about your statement of the cross being a fashion statement. I would estimate that most here are aware of it, and are also aware of that wearing a cross is a cultural left-over from a time of very deep superstition, and is for many people nothing more than adherence to a cultural norm that is so ingrained into our culture that few people question it.

Quote:
Why do Satanists use upside down crosses if they don't even believe Jesus/Yahweh exist?
Satanism is a very strong denial of and opposition to Christianity. But I too have wondered why the upside down cross, because supposedly Peter was crucified in this manner which would, IMO, make an inverted cross a sign of even deeper subservience to Christianity as this person, like Peter, would not see themselves as being worthy of being killed in the same manner as Jesus.
For without Thee
We are in The Crapper.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Title:Out in the Real World

Frubals: 312
The Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal lickerThe Doors of Perception is a compulsive frubal licker

It is for rejection / denial of Christ in Christianity. However, it is quite a dumb Satanic symbol as it is actually St. Peter's cross, a symbol of not even being worthy to die the same way as Christ. Satanism suffers from this tendency to ignore historical fact quite often.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Mindmaster Offline
Religion: Post-Modern Dark Magus
Title:Vobiscum Satanas!

Frubals: 89
Mindmaster says every time your read this, God slaps another frubalMindmaster says every time your read this, God slaps another frubal

I have no use for upside-down crosses or baphomets. As a person whom realizes the meanings of the symbols they're sort of off topic. Probably the only legit symbols we have are the Sigils of Lucifer, Inverse Pentagram, and a remotely the alchemy symbol for brimstone. I say that of course as someone that is a Devil worshiping heathen... If I don't feel they're useful I doubt the rest of this group would even care about them.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Adramelek Offline
Religion: Left-Hand Path
Title:Setian

Frubals: 281
Adramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doors of Perception View Post
However, it is quite a dumb Satanic symbol as it is actually St. Peter's cross, a symbol of not even being worthy to die the same way as Christ. Satanism suffers from this tendency to ignore historical fact quite often.
That is an excellent point, thanks Doors.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe,
whose eyes are the Face of the Sun and the Dark Fire of Set."
- The Word of Set
Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 PM
The Sum of Awe Online!
Religion: Universal Soul (Qi)
Title:Realitarian
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: For your creative and innovative contributions to the forum Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Sum. 

Frubals: 710
The Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packetsThe Sum of Awe makes extra money selling frubals on a stick at fairs, and keeps all the unsued mustard packets

A cross seems pretty anti-God itself... It's wearing a killing device that killed your God! Now upside down... Things get interesting

"I needn't explain my beliefs, they're all around me."
"What helps you sleep at night, might not let you wake up."
The Sum of Awe

"The universe begins to look more and more like a great thought than a great machine." James Jeans
Old 03-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Shadow Wolf Online!
Religion: Cooper-ism
Title:Purple Haze
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your constant and valuable contributions to the forum through the years Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For Reaching the 10,000 post mark! 

Frubals: 1155
Shadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubals
Shadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubalsShadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubalsShadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubalsShadow Wolf gets a little dizzy looking at all these frubals

Quote:
A cross seems pretty anti-God itself... It's wearing a killing device that killed your God! Now upside down... Things get interesting
I used to post on a site that had a member who is Asatru and he had a signature "Your gawd died nailed to a cross. My God carries a big hammer. Any questions?"
For without Thee
We are in The Crapper.