Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Left-Hand Path Religions DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 08:02 AM
Brok Born Offline
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 11
Brok Born will work for frubals
Default Pre marriage course??

Hey everyone,

I'm getting married April 2012 and my question is when is too early to do a pre marriage course! If anybody have any idea and experience please assist me.

Thanks in advance
Brok Born
Old 09-03-2011, 05:03 AM
ScottySatan Offline
Title:Scottian

Frubals: 99
ScottySatan dreams of one day opening a frubal grooming salonScottySatan dreams of one day opening a frubal grooming salon

You mean a class like the Catholics do?
Old 09-03-2011, 12:22 PM
Sylvan Offline
Religion: Sorcery
Title:Unrepentant goofer duster

Frubals: 64
Sylvan thinks frubals grow on treesSylvan thinks frubals grow on trees

I would love to read a LHP "marriage manual". Would that include unconventional arrangements?
Old 09-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Adramelek Offline
Religion: Left-Hand Path
Title:Setian

Frubals: 281
Adramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the table

As far as I know members of the Temple of Set who have been ordained to the Priesthood of Set III*+ are able to preside over the marriage of other Setians as the ToS is the only Satanic religious institution fully recognized by the United States government. Therefore, at least in the US, all Setian marriages are legal. Also in the ToS, Setians are able to compose their own wedding ceremonies. Again, the wedding must be presided over by an ordained Priest or Priestess of Set III*+. A III* Initiate of the ToS would be able to verify all this.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe,
whose eyes are the Face of the Sun and the Dark Fire of Set."
- The Word of Set
Old 09-04-2011, 07:10 AM
Sylvan Offline
Religion: Sorcery
Title:Unrepentant goofer duster

Frubals: 64
Sylvan thinks frubals grow on treesSylvan thinks frubals grow on trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adramelek View Post
As far as I know members of the Temple of Set who have been ordained to the Priesthood of Set III*+ are able to preside over the marriage of other Setians as the ToS is the only Satanic religious institution fully recognized by the United States government.
Really? So LeVey's famous public weddings in the 60's weren't legally binding arrangements? Interesting. I still like the idea of someone (not necessarily from some order or other) producing an "authoritative" Left Hand Path marriage manual in the style of similar literature produced by Catholics or Mormons. But would include sensible advice and indeed explicit instructions for polygamous/amorous arrangements and all levels of BDSM/personal slavery in accordance with the will of the betrothed. The appropriate tongue-in-cheek tone could produce a work of lasting value.

Last edited by Sylvan; 09-04-2011 at 07:12 AM..
Old 09-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Adramelek Offline

Adramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the tableAdramelek suavely slips your frubals to the dog under the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
Really? So LeVey's famous public weddings in the 60's weren't legally binding arrangements?
Actually I think members of the Priesthood of Mendes (III* members of the Church of Satan) are able to legally marry couples. As I have never been a member of the CoS I can't really verify that.

/Adramelek\

"I am within and beyond you, the Highest of Life, in majesty greater than the forces of the Universe,
- The Word of Set
Old 09-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Religion: Christian
Title:Pater Familias
Shield of The Writer: Awarded for commendable contribution to the articles and journals at Religious Forums - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason: This award has been given to your peers and is well deserved. Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 40,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 40,000 posts - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3409
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals
angellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubalsangellous_evangellous likes the funny noises you can make by squeezing your frubals

I wouldn't do a pre-marriage course. This is what you need to know:

1) How to talk about money // make a budget

2) How to talk about sex // learn wants, desires, expectations -- all of which may need to be adjusted

3) How to talk about life goals and how to reach them

4) Conflict resolution // how to argue, confrount problems, and compromise

You can learn most of this from Oprah.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Adramelek Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellous_evangellous View Post
I wouldn't do a pre-marriage course. This is what you need to know:

1) How to talk about money // make a budget

2) How to talk about sex // learn wants, desires, expectations -- all of which may need to be adjusted

3) How to talk about life goals and how to reach them

4) Conflict resolution // how to argue, confrount problems, and compromise
I agree with A.E. on this one. There are no "Satanic" pre-marriage courses or manuals. If you wish to get an idea of what a CoS Satanic Wedding Ceremony is like you can find such ceremonies in both LaVey's "The Satanic Rituals" and in Peter H. Gilmore's "The Satanic Scriptures". As for the Temple of Set, they do have several outlines for Setian Wedding Ceremonies, but they are available only to inner-Temple Initiates.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

- The Word of Set
Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 PM
Orias Offline
Title:Left Hand Path

Frubals: 378
Orias has itchy frubalsOrias has itchy frubalsOrias has itchy frubalsOrias has itchy frubalsOrias has itchy frubalsOrias has itchy frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by angellous_evangellous View Post

You can learn most of this from Oprah.
Lol, from the words of my business marketing teacher.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Adramelek Offline

To my fellow Black Brethren:

What is all this debate about the inverted cross, a useless, outdated symbol? It's only value lies in LBM shock effect. A one true and the most ancient and sacred of all our Magical symbols lay within the geometric design of the Pentagram, which is the purest and most perfect mathematical embodiment of the phi ratio. Hail the words of Our Dark Lord in His/Its most ancient Form as the Egyptian Set contained within "The Book of Coming Forth by Night":

"When I came first to this world, I gave to you my great pentagram, timeless measure of beauty through proportion. And it was shown inverse, that creation and change be exalted above rest and preservation."

Think often of the words of Set, and be aware of the sure knowledge that when you think of Him, He will think of you.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

- The Word of Set

Last edited by Adramelek; 09-06-2011 at 07:52 PM..