Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Abrahamic Religions DIR / Islam DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2011, 02:11 AM
sandandfoam Offline
Religion: All
Title:Theist
Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Stephen. 

Frubals: 1652
sandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lost
sandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lostsandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lostsandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lostsandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lostsandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lostsandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lostsandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lostsandandfoam arranges frubals into maze patterns so kids and small pets get lost
Default Do you think the world works like this?

I was thinking this morning about coincidence.
A couple of years ago, when I was very sick, I realised I wasn't alone. That was a turning point for me and set me on my way back to God. My doctors name was Muhammad.
Later on, my own doctor sent me to a therapist because he thought I needed help to stop pushing myself. I thought it sounded a bit nuts. But I went.
One day, out of the blue, the therapist told me in passing about this Sufi guy she had met. She wasn't a muslim, indeed, when I asked her, she had no interest whatsoever in Islam. But the Sufi has remained in my head and has lead to my reading about Sufism and a strong interest in it.

Are these things mere coincidence? Or is it how the world works?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:53 AM
Bismillah Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Submit

Frubals: 370
Bismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed

Hi stephen this is a very interesting post. Inshallah I'll get some good resources on Qadr, it is a very in-depth topic and I could use the analysis as well.
They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. Al-Qur'an 9:32
Old 08-30-2011, 03:32 AM
Bringing Truth Offline
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 14
Bringing Truth will work for frubals

Sufism is also known as tassawuf (hence I will use the word tassawuf)

Tasawwuf is a branch of Islamic knowledge which focuses on the spiritual development of the Muslim.

And to be sufi, you MUST be a muslim, you MUST follow islam under the sharia'a and you MUST act upon the sunnah.

Or if person claims to be a sufi, and is not a muslim, then know that he/she is false, this is one sign of wrong sufi.

Moulana Jalaludeen Rumi (ra) was muslim, Imam ghazali (ra) was muslim, Moulana saadi (ra) was muslim, Junaid al baghdadi (ra) was muslim, Imam Hasan al basri (ra) was a muslim e.t.c name any great mashaykh of sufi, they are ALL muslims.

There are few "true" sufis alive, and you need to search for them. All hamdullillah I do know some of them, some are senior shaykh in Masjid Al Haram e.t.c

Remember, if that person who claims to be a sufi, is not a muslim then know that he/she is lying. sufism is not a sect in islam, but a branch in islamic knowledge, just like tafsir, Fiqh e.t.c

the starting point of tassawuf is to clear your intentions, clean yourself from hatred, arrogance and all these bad acts. The ending stage is to achieve "Ihsan" which is to worship Allah (swt) in way that you see him.

The goal of student of tassawuf is complete submission to the shariah and sunnah in order to attain purification of the heart and soul and to develop a true, deep, and lasting connection with Allah (swt).

Who are the true sufis?
Many of our scholars have addressed this question by listing the "signs" of a true shaykh. Needless to say the common principle has always been submission to the shariah, by following the teachings of one of the four schools of fiqh, and a complete submission to the inner and the outer of the sunnah. This is based on the idea that the Prophet (saw) is the nearest and most God conscious of Allah's creation. His daily acts are an exemplification of how the most God-conscious of all of creation lived his life. For example, the Prophet's treating others with kindness, soft speech, humility, preference for white clothing, growing of a lengthy beard, use of the tooth stick, etc are all intentional acts of service to Allah (saw). If someone lacks these sunnan, while claiming they can help bring you closer to Allah, know that they will eventually lead you to a dead end.

Last edited by Bringing Truth; 08-30-2011 at 03:36 AM..
Old 08-30-2011, 03:36 AM
Bismillah Offline

Bismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed

Sufism is the esoteric means to attain the ideal and impossible state of Ihsan. It is an essential part of Islam.
They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. Al-Qur'an 9:32
Old 08-30-2011, 03:38 AM
Bringing Truth Offline
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 14
Bringing Truth will work for frubals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismillah View Post
Sufism is the esoteric means to attain the ideal and impossible state of Ihsan. It is an essential part of Islam.
Just to let you know, sufism is not the only way. Many great mashaykh have told me that there are other ways also, if you attain high taqwa you can attain the level of Ihsan e.t.c

Tho you are right, I have stated that in my post aswell.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:21 PM
Peace Offline
Title:Quran & Sunnah
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by the award committee and is well deserved. 

Frubals: 605
Peace advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezePeace advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezePeace advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezePeace advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezePeace advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezePeace advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezePeace advises you to cover your frubals when you sneezePeace advises you to cover your frubals when you sneeze

I believe the following verse is the answer to your question Stephen

"Verily, all things have We created in proportion and measure". (Quran, 54:49)

And I would also say it's the guidance and care of the One who created you.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:10 AM
maro Offline
Religion: muslim
Title:muslimah

Frubals: 422
maro experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledmaro experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledmaro experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledmaro experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledmaro experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledmaro experimented with frubals in college but never inhaledmaro experimented with frubals in college but never inhaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenw View Post
Are these things mere coincidence? Or is it how the world works?
it is how the world works

haven't you read how Omar ibn el khatab ,the second caliph , came to Islam ?
and how Malik ibn Dinar , the great Tabi came to islam ?
and also how many of the converts these days come to islam ?

it's how Allah bring guidance to whom he likes
Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Bismillah Offline

Hey Stephen totally forgot about this!

Here's a handy link explaining Qadr, it's a very good introduction. I'll try and find some of the more in-depth articles I have bookmarked somewhere

Qadr (Fate) and Free will! | Islamic Times and Reflections
Old 10-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Starsoul Offline
Religion: La Illaha IllAllAh
Title:Truth

Frubals: 98
Starsoul dreams of one day opening a frubal grooming salonStarsoul dreams of one day opening a frubal grooming salon

All I have to say is that I love all these unexpected coincidences, which I've never really thought about, and yet they happen, somehow to bring you to something that is always the right one for you. Again, I was craving for some real chocolate stuff and out of nowhere we had to stop by at an aunt's place to drop something, she called us in, made us sit and offered a yummy thick fudge ice cream, oh heaven SubhAnAllAh