Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / The Interview Place
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 03:27 PM
adamworlock Offline
Title:Freshman Member

Frubals: 11
adamworlock will work for frubals

It depends not just on the experience but the location, your upbringing and a lot of other deciding factors. Someone searching for enlightenment compared to someone forced into enlightenment as well as your sudden change in world view can often cause desperate hopelessness and an urge to burn it all to the ground before you come to terms with what we've become as a species. Joy is often for the sheltered and the insane.
Old 02-05-2013, 03:46 PM
adamworlock Offline

As for being the speaker of logic and wisdom.
You are a shady prophet who should send back the title.
While I believe that god, the ancestors, the un-named and the universe in all it forms has never taught us a lesson that we didn't already know in our hearts and minds we still need reminders because deep down we're no different than apes in a thunderstorm. You however are not that messenger because your message is cluttered and narcissistic and until you can remove yourself from whatever equation you have worked out in your head you are doomed to fail. God or whatever you want to call what we can't put to words talks to anyone who will listen but not in words. The message is simple and any of the questions posed to the unlucky are easily answered by someone who has given their life to seeking what they never thought they'd find. And subsequently wished they'd avoided seeking in the first place. Being the messenger would leave you much less upbeat than you portray and I hope that one day you feel the depression of actual enlightenment.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:25 PM
TurkeyOnRye Offline
Religion: Art
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 372
TurkeyOnRye forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedTurkeyOnRye forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedTurkeyOnRye forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedTurkeyOnRye forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedTurkeyOnRye forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedTurkeyOnRye forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamworlock View Post
It depends not just on the experience but the location, your upbringing and a lot of other deciding factors. Someone searching for enlightenment compared to someone forced into enlightenment as well as your sudden change in world view can often cause desperate hopelessness and an urge to burn it all to the ground before you come to terms with what we've become as a species. Joy is often for the sheltered and the insane.
Quote:
While I believe that god, the ancestors, the un-named and the universe in all it forms has never taught us a lesson that we didn't already know in our hearts and minds we still need reminders because deep down we're no different than apes in a thunderstorm. You however are not that messenger because your message is cluttered and narcissistic and until you can remove yourself from whatever equation you have worked out in your head you are doomed to fail. God or whatever you want to call what we can't put to words talks to anyone who will listen but not in words. The message is simple and any of the questions posed to the unlucky are easily answered by someone who has given their life to seeking what they never thought they'd find. And subsequently wished they'd avoided seeking in the first place. Being the messenger would leave you much less upbeat than you portray and I hope that one day you feel the depression of actual enlightenment.
Is that right? That's a real bummer.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
adamworlock Offline

Think about it this way. Pandora's box is filled with wisdom, logic and a view of the big picture and how it could be adjusted to work the way it should. You don't understand anything about what's in the box only that it's shiny and you want in. You get in the box, get the prizes and now are left looking out from inside the box and you can finally clearly see what it would take to make a difference in a world with billions of people. On top of that, people think you're ******* crazy because they HAVE to be more important than whoever was touched. God wouldn't talk to someone and not talk to them. We don't live in a time for prophets to want to be known.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Religion: Vedanta-Zen
Title:Existentialistic Humanist

Frubals: 149
StarryNightshade is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendsStarryNightshade is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friendsStarryNightshade is called 'Da Frubalmesiter' by dorky friends

What is your opinion of "New Atheism"?
Old 02-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Prophet Offline
Title:Extremely Stoned Being

Frubals: 64
Prophet thinks frubals grow on treesProphet thinks frubals grow on trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgnosticSeeker View Post
What is your opinion of "New Atheism"?
There are a lot of beings out there who believe that beings who are different from them in a way they deem significant are not deserving of civil treatment. In general, the term we use for this type of person is "bigot". "New atheism", as defined by its major spokesmen goes far beyond merely exposing poor reasoning right to insulting large groups of people wholesale.

Boiled down, new atheism is the same as the old with added license to be as ugly as you want.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:57 AM
YmirGF Offline
Religion: Beyond the Light
Title:Bodhisattva
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For reaching the 10k mark 

Frubals: 3077
YmirGF is relieved frubals were on the arkYmirGF is relieved frubals were on the arkYmirGF is relieved frubals were on the ark
YmirGF is relieved frubals were on the arkYmirGF is relieved frubals were on the ark

Quote:
Quote:
That is a tad harsh. I have to admit that "the depression of actual enlightenment" is certainly a new twist on the concept. Granted, it's no bed of roses, as portrayed, but it is hardly depressive.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 AM
F0uad Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 144
F0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceF0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceF0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
Hi F0uad,

Sorry about the late response. I started to respond no less than three times, and each time I found the subject too big to talk about, and my writing suffered as a result. God and I are in rather constant contact so it'd be helpful if you supplied some sort of subject so I can pare it down to a few paragraphs.

Else, we could do a chat of some sort, so that I can just blabber all I want freely with you there to ask questions.
So what does God tell you?

Are you getting revelation from him? Did he speak about other prophets? How does he communicate with you and how do you know its god and not something else? What is god? Can you speak to him anytime?
Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 AM
Prophet Offline
Title:Extremely Stoned Being

Frubals: 64
Prophet thinks frubals grow on treesProphet thinks frubals grow on trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0uad View Post
So what does God tell you?

Are you getting revelation from him?
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by revelation. I suspect you mean an instance where information one could not possibly know is imparted by supernatural means. This is not something that really exists. Those who have claimed to be prophets with this type of revelation are routinely demonstrated to be frauds.

I personally don't use the word "revelation" in my vernacular, but were I to start using it for a type of revelation that I believe to be true, its definition would be along the same lines as that of "epiphany".

Quote:
Did he speak about other prophets?
Not directly, but soon after I had my first "revelation", I could have told you that Moses was likely to be a fraud.

Quote:
How does he communicate with you and how do you know its god and not something else?
God is in constant communication with all beings. The word we commonly use for the muffled voice of God is "conscience". God speaks through the moral law. I am only distinguished by my ability to understand it. God has not set me apart as special and continues to regard me with the same love He has bestowed upon all lifeforms since time began. I don't know how to prove this for you except to tell you that it isn't my goal for people to need me to tell them what God wants for them, but rather to show everyone how they can understand God directly, too.

Quote:
What is god? Can you speak to him anytime?
Every sentient creature is irrevoccably connected to every other sentient creature in the universe in a ground of being that supersedes separation we perceive between beings in the physical universe. To know God, you must know this connection because this connection is God. To know God, you must learn to regard all beings as part of yourself, not just your friends and family, but your enemies, too. Fail to escape the physical illusion fully, and your vision will continue to be clouded by fear, and you will not know the One.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:26 PM
F0uad Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Intrepid Member

Frubals: 144
F0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceF0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceF0uad writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by revelation. I suspect you mean an instance where information one could not possibly know is imparted by supernatural means. This is not something that really exists. Those who have claimed to be prophets with this type of revelation are routinely demonstrated to be frauds.

I personally don't use the word "revelation" in my vernacular, but were I to start using it for a type of revelation that I believe to be true, its definition would be along the same lines as that of "epiphany".

Not directly, but soon after I had my first "revelation", I could have told you that Moses was likely to be a fraud.

God is in constant communication with all beings. The word we commonly use for the muffled voice of God is "conscience". God speaks through the moral law. I am only distinguished by my ability to understand it. God has not set me apart as special and continues to regard me with the same love He has bestowed upon all lifeforms since time began. I don't know how to prove this for you except to tell you that it isn't my goal for people to need me to tell them what God wants for them, but rather to show everyone how they can understand God directly, too.

Every sentient creature is irrevoccably connected to every other sentient creature in the universe in a ground of being that supersedes separation we perceive between beings in the physical universe. To know God, you must know this connection because this connection is God. To know God, you must learn to regard all beings as part of yourself, not just your friends and family, but your enemies, too. Fail to escape the physical illusion fully, and your vision will continue to be clouded by fear, and you will not know the One.
So you claim that other prophets are frauds yet your the real deal...
Thanks that was just what i wanted to know.