Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Everything But the Kitchen Sink / Political Debates / International Politics
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 10-28-2011, 11:52 AM
sadiq's Avatar
sadiq Offline
Religion: Orthodox Judaism
Title:Spain, Morocco, Jerusalem
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Israel
Gender: Male
Posts: 278
Frubals: 25
sadiq is the leader of a covert group of mutant frubals
Default

Although a dictator and mass murderer, Saddam was a nice Nationalist buffer blocking the rise of the more religiously driven Iran.

Although I've never known it was that much about Oil.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 10-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Seyorni's Avatar
Seyorni Offline
Religion: Vedanta
Title:Hallowed Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Fot 10,000 posts. Congrats Sey! 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SW USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,525
Frubals: 1975
Seyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity parties
Seyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity parties
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
I believe that the issue is one of poor leadership. From the very top.
Goes without saying.
Now if only the lead would be a little more questioning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobEzra View Post
What was so defensive with Iraq? For all I remember, Bush said Saddam was flirting with Taliban and Al-Queda and had WMD. THAT was the basis for the war in Iraq. Sounds more like policing then defending
Where'd you get your news, JE -- Fox?
Saddam had nothing to do with the Taliban and executed anyone suspected of being Al Queda.


The UNSCOM inspectors had accounted for all the weapons Saddam had been sold, and reported repeatedly that there were no WMD in Iraq.
Iraq, as was mentioned above, was an important strategic buffer against a potentially insurgent Iran.
The US had Iraq essentially bottled up with a "no fly zone" spanning the middle third of the country which was continually overflown and monitored. Iraq couldn't even switch on a radar station without being immediately bombed.

Iraq was no threat to anybody but it's own citizens, and even they were generally safe as long as they kept their heads down and played along. Iraq's neighbors, even Israel, had no fear of Iraq.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 10-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,018
Frubals: 2867
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyorni View Post
Iraq was no threat to anybody but it's own citizens, and even they were generally safe as long as they kept their heads down and played along. Iraq's neighbors, even Israel, had no fear of Iraq.
Where do you get your news? Fox? Oh, wait, you already used that one.
Anyway, I have inside info from relatives who fled Iran to avoid being drafted in their war against Iraq.
It was very much a threat to people outside of Iraq.
__________________
Does anyone have a spare signature?
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 10-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Seyorni's Avatar
Seyorni Offline
Religion: Vedanta
Title:Hallowed Member
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Knowledge: Awarded for outstanding demonstration of high knowledge in a particular field - Issue reason:  Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: Fot 10,000 posts. Congrats Sey! 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SW USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,525
Frubals: 1975
Seyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity parties
Seyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity partiesSeyorni suspects that frubals might be the active ingredient in those delicious brownies at the fraternity parties
Default

Sorry Revoltingest, I thought we were talking about Iraq immediately prior to the US invasion. The Iran-Iraq war was way back in the early-mid '80s.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 10-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,018
Frubals: 2867
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyorni View Post
Sorry Revoltingest, I thought we were talking about Iraq immediately prior to the US invasion. The Iran-Iraq war was way back in the early-mid '80s.
Geeze....seems like yesterday.
But Hussein's history suggested a continuing threat.
__________________
Does anyone have a spare signature?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 10-28-2011, 07:02 PM
JacobEzra's Avatar
JacobEzra Offline
Title:Intrepid Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,024
Frubals: 143
JacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceJacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy faceJacobEzra writes cutesy love poems to frubals, dotting every 'i' with a little happy face
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyorni View Post


Where'd you get your news, JE -- Fox?
Saddam had nothing to do with the Taliban and executed anyone suspected of being Al Queda.


The UNSCOM inspectors had accounted for all the weapons Saddam had been sold, and reported repeatedly that there were no WMD in Iraq.
Iraq, as was mentioned above, was an important strategic buffer against a potentially insurgent Iran.
The US had Iraq essentially bottled up with a "no fly zone" spanning the middle third of the country which was continually overflown and monitored. Iraq couldn't even switch on a radar station without being immediately bombed.

Iraq was no threat to anybody but it's own citizens, and even they were generally safe as long as they kept their heads down and played along. Iraq's neighbors, even Israel, had no fear of Iraq.
Could it had been I was just mentioning the lies Bush gave the American people as an excuse to go to Iraq back in 03? Mentioning them to a guy who said the war on Iraq was defensive war, which in reality was not? Even with these BS excuses, it would not have been a defensive war, but a war based on policing the world? Which would be why the last line in my reply went... Sounds more like policing then defending
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 PM
Rakhel's Avatar
Rakhel Offline
Religion: Not your average Jew
Title:Honey badger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Big Apple
Gender: Female
Posts: 7,817
Frubals: 825
Rakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubalsRakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubalsRakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubalsRakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubalsRakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubalsRakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubalsRakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubalsRakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubalsRakhel doesn't trust your frubals as far as you can throw them but may not realize how easy it is to throw frubals
Default

Why does everything boil down to whether or not you watched Fox?
While I do agree that sometimes their commentators are a bit biased(which channel's commentators aren't?), their news was as accurate as HLN or CNN or MSNBC.
__________________
I'm a feminist, but I am liberating current feminism from these false feminists who have a death grip on it right now, who are antiporn and so on. I'm bringing, like Madonna, a sense of beauty and pleasure and sensuality back into feminism..- Camille Paglia
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 10-30-2011, 04:12 AM
Shermana's Avatar
Shermana Offline
Religion: Old-Israelite Nazarene
Title:Heretic
Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For contributing 10.000 posts. Congrats Shermana! 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,814
Frubals: 313
Shermana is a compulsive frubal lickerShermana is a compulsive frubal lickerShermana is a compulsive frubal lickerShermana is a compulsive frubal lickerShermana is a compulsive frubal lickerShermana is a compulsive frubal licker
Default

There's a reason there were no WMDs found in Iraq.

Saddam (and the Russkies) had them trucked to Syria. Hence the Israeli attack in 2007.

PJ Media Satellite Photos Support Testimony That Iraqi WMD Went to Syria

http://www.nysun.com/foreign/iraqs-w...da-says/26514/

http://archive.newsmax.com/archives/...2/230625.shtml

Quote:
There is no question that the Russian effort to remove Iraqi WMD systems was the most successful intelligence operation of the 21st century. The Russians were able to move hundreds of tons of chemical, biological and nuclear materials without being discovered by CIA satellites or NSA radio listening posts.
"There is a clear sense on how effective they were," noted Shaw.
"The fact that the CIA did not know shows just how successful the Russian operation was," he concluded.
http://prairiepundit.blogspot.com/20...-in-syria.html

http://globalpolitician.com/21610-iraq-syria-wmd

Last edited by Shermana; 10-30-2011 at 04:15 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 10-31-2011, 03:17 AM
Bismillah's Avatar
Bismillah Offline
Religion: Islam
Title:Submit
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arizona
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,212
Frubals: 370
Bismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowedBismillah forgot to mention that frubals can be harmful if swallowed
Default

Quote:
I have three kids in the military. My ex husband is a LTC in the Army. My father and my brother served in the military. They all joined for different reasons - but the only one I can think of which joined for the incentive package is my ex husband. That being said, once in, he chose to commit to a career, based on his belief in the mission.
Wow your anecdote doesn't align with mine, shocking that is.

One would wonder then, given such a surge of nationalism and patriotism, why the military offers such generous aide packages or why it targets low income areas of society, such as the school I went to.

Quote:
Saddam was a nice Nationalist buffer blocking the rise of the more religiously driven Iran.
Was that before or after he launched scuds at Israel?
__________________
They want to extinguish the light of Allah with their mouths, but Allah refuses except to perfect His light, although the disbelievers dislike it. Al-Qur'an 9:32
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 10-31-2011, 06:43 AM
Revoltingest's Avatar
Revoltingest Online!
Religion: Ignorant Atheist
Title:Certified Most Cunning
Shield of The Jester: Awarded for unyielding commitment to humour and the entertainment of others - Issue reason:  Shield of 50,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 50,000 posts - Issue reason: For making 50,000 posts (limericks and bacon pictures included)! 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Revoltingistan, MI
Gender: Male
Posts: 52,018
Frubals: 2867
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Revoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this FridayRevoltingest would like to know if your frubals are busy this Friday
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhel View Post
Why does everything boil down to whether or not you watched Fox?
Because it's a shorthand way of dismissing a poster's thoughts?
Obviously, if you & I disagree about something, then the cause must be your corrupt source of info.
Different perspectives or my lame reasoning couldn't possibly be the cause. Fault elsewhere must be found!
__________________
Does anyone have a spare signature?

Last edited by Revoltingest; 10-31-2011 at 06:53 AM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Copyright 2014 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.