Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Dharmic Religions DIR / Hinduism DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2007, 03:13 PM
Hema Offline
Religion: Hindu / Love
Title:Sweet n Spicy
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This award has been granted to you by the award committee and is well deserved. 

Frubals: 746
Hema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a baby
Question Wandering souls / people who die in accidents & their karma.

I think that no one dies before his/her time but recently someone was saying that when people die in accidents, their souls wander around until the time they are really supposed to die, then they move on. To me, such cases are when the souls are troubled and still attached to the material plane so they remain here as restless souls wandering about until they realize it's time to move on. IMHO, God is a just God and he/she would not let us die before our due time. If we are meant to die in an accident, we will die that way. In such a case, it will be because of the person's karma.

What do you nice people think? Do people who die in accidents die before their alotted time is up or do they wander around because they're restless?

"I am neither mind, intellect, ego, nor thoughts,
I am not the five senses, I am beyond that."
~ Atma Shatakam
Old 07-04-2007, 03:52 PM
xexon Offline
Religion: none
Title:Destroyer of Worlds

Frubals: 124
xexon stuffs frubals into couch cushions, along with the catsxexon stuffs frubals into couch cushions, along with the catsxexon stuffs frubals into couch cushions, along with the cats

It is a mistake to think that its the soul doing the wandering.

A soul departs at the moment of death. It never lingers.

What a "ghost" is, is the residual electrical energy generated by the mind. What does the mind contain? The ego. The self identity of the deceased.

You are aware that the soul is covered by different sheaths?

The physical. The mental. The subtle.

Ghosts come from the mental level, the mind, which is the highest form of material matter. The electrical energy that powers your brain is of the material world, but it is highly refined and etheric. When someone dies, this energy is left behind, but gradually it dissipates. It may appear to have a life of it's own, but not really.

Its not the soul of the person though.

x
Old 07-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Willamena Offline
Religion: Just Me
Title:Just be there, doing that
Shield of Creativity: Awarded for wonderfully original and innovative thinking - Issue reason: This creative thread award is given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of Labour: Awarded for admirable hard work and development of a cause - Issue reason: For your work on the chat system Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason:  Shield of the Veteran: For continued service and valued contribution over the years - Issue reason: For your excellent contributions over the years. Shield of 30,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 30,000 posts - Issue reason: Congrats Patty!! SPECIAL AWARD: Shield of the Enigma: For being absolutely puzzling and mysterious to all your peers. - Issue reason:  

Frubals: 3183
Willamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patch
Willamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patchWillamena fantasizes about being a frubal pirate, with a parrot and an eye patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hema View Post
I think that no one dies before his/her time but recently someone was saying that when people die in accidents, their souls wander around until the time they are really supposed to die, then they move on. To me, such cases are when the souls are troubled and still attached to the material plane so they remain here as restless souls wandering about until they realize it's time to move on. IMHO, God is a just God and he/she would not let us die before our due time. If we are meant to die in an accident, we will die that way. In such a case, it will be because of the person's karma.

What do you nice people think? Do people who die in accidents die before their alotted time is up or do they wander around because they're restless?
I think you're right about God not letting us "die before our due time." I think people who profess ghosts trapped on a "material plane" should be required to explain exactly what that means.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:16 PM
mahesh Offline
Title:BANNED

Frubals: 7501
mahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest
mahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nestmahesh lost a limb trying to raid a frubal nest

Go to Sarangpur Hanumanji Mandir if you want to see ghost. LOL
Old 07-04-2007, 04:29 PM
Hema Offline
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason: Your peers have nominated you for the kindness award, and it's well deserved. Shield of The Ambassador: Awarded for being a true herald of a belief system - Issue reason: This award has been granted to you by the award committee and is well deserved. 

Hema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a babyHema is not quite mean enough to take frubals from a baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexon View Post
It is a mistake to think that its the soul doing the wandering.

A soul departs at the moment of death. It never lingers.

What a "ghost" is, is the residual electrical energy generated by the mind. What does the mind contain? The ego. The self identity of the deceased.

You are aware that the soul is covered by different sheaths?

The physical. The mental. The subtle.

Ghosts come from the mental level, the mind, which is the highest form of material matter. The electrical energy that powers your brain is of the material world, but it is highly refined and etheric. When someone dies, this energy is left behind, but gradually it dissipates. It may appear to have a life of it's own, but not really.

Its not the soul of the person though.

x
Amazing! BFD_Zayl (the necromancer )once told me about the residual electrical energy. When my mom was little she saw a headless man on a white horse dragging a chain. My aunt saw it also so we know that my mom was not imagining things.

In my country, many people have reported seeing a girl near a busy highway who died many years ago in an accident. I'm amazed to think that this is really electrical energy.

However, what about people who report seeing deceased relatives in mirrors soon after they died? Are these really electrical energy also or is it something special about mirrors?

~ Atma Shatakam
Old 07-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Hema Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamena View Post
I think you're right about God not letting us "die before our due time." I think people who profess ghosts trapped on a "material plane" should be required to explain exactly what that means.
By material plane, I mean the physical world.

~ Atma Shatakam
Old 07-04-2007, 04:50 PM
xexon Offline
Religion: none
Title:Destroyer of Worlds

Frubals: 124
xexon stuffs frubals into couch cushions, along with the catsxexon stuffs frubals into couch cushions, along with the catsxexon stuffs frubals into couch cushions, along with the cats

As the ego contains all the likes and dislikes of the departed, it will continue to behave in that manner after the death of the body. It can follow loved ones around for example, or it can rage at not being able to get anybody's attention anymore.

Some of these energies can last for years.

As for the loved ones who see their dearly departed, it is as I mentioned above, but also it can be wishful thinking. Death of a loved one often comes suddenly. There is remorse at not having had the chance to say goodbye.

Sometimes, the mind will create what it needs to see for the sake of closure.

x
Old 07-05-2007, 06:47 AM
Hema Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh View Post
Go to Sarangpur Hanumanji Mandir if you want to see ghost. LOL
Sorry, never heard of there. Anyway, they will most likely be friendly ghosts because Hanuman protects us from evil spirits.

~ Atma Shatakam
Old 07-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Hema Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexon View Post
As the ego contains all the likes and dislikes of the departed, it will continue to behave in that manner after the death of the body. It can follow loved ones around for example, or it can rage at not being able to get anybody's attention anymore.

Some of these energies can last for years.

As for the loved ones who see their dearly departed, it is as I mentioned above, but also it can be wishful thinking. Death of a loved one often comes suddenly. There is remorse at not having had the chance to say goodbye.

Sometimes, the mind will create what it needs to see for the sake of closure.

x
Wow! Thanks again! This is such interesting stuff.

~ Atma Shatakam
Old 07-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Hema Offline

What about evil spirits who try to harm people though? Are these also remnants of energy or are they spirits who choose to be bad? My friend was harassed by a spirit at around the time her grandfather died. Her grandfatehr used to live in the same house. She used to feel the spirit holding her down at night. She went to a Baptist woman (who also prays to the Hindu Deities etc.) and my friend was given a blessed necklace to wear for protection. The Baptist woman summomed the "spirit" and my friend saw it - she said it was extremely long and thin, very black and had red eyes.

~ Atma Shatakam