Religious Education Forum  

Welcome Guest to ReligiousForums.com . You are currently not registered. When you become registered you will be able to interact with our large base of already registered users discussing topics. Some annoying Ads will also disappear when you register. Registering doesn't cost a thing and only takes a few seconds. We provide areas to chat and debate all World Religions. Please go to our register page!
Home Who's Online Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Religious Education Forum / Discuss Individual Religions (DIR) / Dharmic Religions DIR / Hinduism DIR
Sitemap Popular RF Forums REGISTER Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2012, 01:00 PM
Iridescence Offline
Title:Catholic Universalist

Frubals: 106
Iridescence hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundIridescence hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundIridescence hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around
Default Romanized Hindi to English Translator?

Does anyone know of an online language translating tool that
includes Romanized Hindi?

The reason I ask is that I get updates from several Krishna
pages over on Facebook, and every now and then the posts are
in Hindi but phonetically written with Roman letters. While
there is a Hindi-to-English translating capability (Bing and
Google have it), there isn't one for instances where the
Hindi is written with Roman lettering.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:46 PM
zenzero Offline
Religion: do things religiously
Title:Its only a Label
Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Love: Awarded for demonstrating great love and kindness to all around - Issue reason:  Shield of Peace: Awarded for exceptional effort in upholding and promoting the peace - Issue reason: This award has been given to you by your peers and is well deserved. Shield of 10,000 Thoughts: Awarded for contributing 10,000 posts - Issue reason: For 10,000 posts. Congrats Zen! 

Frubals: 1322
zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'
zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'zenzero yells at fast food clerks, 'No, I want FRUBALS with that!'

Friend Iriescence,

Quote:
Romanized Hindi to English Translator?
Personal use romanised hindi to write in hindi using gmail.
Maybe if you get the romanised hindi to get it in hindi script first and then from hindi get it translated to english.

Love & rgds
Old 02-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Iridescence Offline

Iridescence hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundIridescence hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time aroundIridescence hopes to be reincarnated as a frubal next time around

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenzero View Post
Friend Iriescence,

Personal use romanised hindi to write in hindi using gmail.
Maybe if you get the romanised hindi to get it in hindi script first and then from hindi get it translated to english.

Love & rgds
Oh that's a great idea, zenzro, I'll give that a try.
Thank you!

Old 02-03-2012, 09:16 AM
nameless Offline
Title:The Creator

Frubals: 183
nameless invented new and improved frubals, with a convenient carrying handlenameless invented new and improved frubals, with a convenient carrying handlenameless invented new and improved frubals, with a convenient carrying handlenameless invented new and improved frubals, with a convenient carrying handle

i think you can make use of google translate tool itself to do it, but it requires bit of work from your end. Instead of copy pasting entire article directly to the translate page, type each romanised hindi words by yourselves in to the page and wait for google to change it into hindi script. Hope thats what you are looking for
and people will do the right thing.
Throw away industry and profit,
and there won't be any thieves."
"
- Lao-tzu

Last edited by nameless; 02-03-2012 at 09:56 PM..
Old 02-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Iridescence Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
i think you can make use of google translate tool itself to do it, but it requires bit of work from your end. Instead of copy pasting entire article directly to translate page, type each romanised hindi words by yourselves in to the page and wait for google to change it into hindi script. Hope thats what you are looking for
I'll try that as well - thanks!